NEW Cambridge CXUHD 4K Dolby Vision Blu-ray Player (Owner's Thread) - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 105Likes

post #391 of 541 Old 04-16-2019, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I had sold a new in the box CXUHD earlier this year since it looked like they were just never going to get the firmware out, but now that it's finally happening I bought what appears to be the last unit they had for sale. I plan on using my Panasonic 820 for it's wonderful SDR conversion tone mapping to my JVC X750R, but I'll run it's output into the CXUHD's input so that I can utilize it's 21:9 zoom modes on my scope screen.

JVC X750R Projector,Yamaha CX-A5200 Pre-Pro, Yamaha RX-Z11 Receiver, (Amps Only) Yamaha MX-D1 Power Amps x 2, Yamaha RX-Z1 (L&R Surround Channel Amp), Oppo BDP-103D BR, Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD, Pioneer Elite CLD-99 LD, Definitive Tech BP7000SC Mains, CLR3000 Center, BPVX Surround Sides&Backs, BPX F&R Presence, Martin Logan Abyss Front L&R Subs/Dynamo L&R Rear Surround Channel Subs, Infinity SSW-210 Center Channel Sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 541 Old 04-16-2019, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
I had sold a new in the box CXUHD earlier this year since it looked like they were just never going to get the firmware out, but now that it's finally happening I bought what appears to be the last unit they had for sale. I plan on using my Panasonic 820 for it's wonderful SDR conversion tone mapping to my JVC X750R, but I'll run it's output into the CXUHD's input so that I can utilize it's 21:9 zoom modes on my scope screen.

What does the 21:9 zoom mode do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #393 of 541 Old 04-16-2019, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Movable, fixed, and cropped 21:9 settings to provide maximum flexibility.
Th601 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 541 Old 04-16-2019, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
Movable, fixed, and cropped 21:9 settings to provide maximum flexibility.

Oh ok. I have the CXUHD as well and was just wondering. I haven’t messed around with it yet. I plan on getting the UB820 for it’s tone mapping.

post #395 of 541 Old 04-16-2019, 11:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th601 View Post
Oh ok. I have the CXUHD as well and was just wondering. I haven’t messed around with it yet. I plan on getting the UB820 for it’s tone mapping.

The 21:9 modes are going to be part of the upcoming firmware release, so your unit doesn't have these modes currently. The Oppo's have had the 21:9 modes for over 1.5 years now.
Th601 likes this.

JVC X750R Projector,Yamaha CX-A5200 Pre-Pro, Yamaha RX-Z11 Receiver, (Amps Only) Yamaha MX-D1 Power Amps x 2, Yamaha RX-Z1 (L&R Surround Channel Amp), Oppo BDP-103D BR, Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD, Pioneer Elite CLD-99 LD, Definitive Tech BP7000SC Mains, CLR3000 Center, BPVX Surround Sides&Backs, BPX F&R Presence, Martin Logan Abyss Front L&R Subs/Dynamo L&R Rear Surround Channel Subs, Infinity SSW-210 Center Channel Sub.
post #396 of 541 Old 04-17-2019, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I tried connecting the Apple TV 4K to the HDMI Input 1 and HDMI out 1 and 2 are connected to the TV and Soundbar (Samsung K950) respectively.
When I play 4K HDR and Atmos content from Apple TV I just see LPCM 2.0 (via info button on the cxuhd remote) that is sent via HDMI out 2 which is the audio only port. Looks like what is sent via HDMI input l, the player doesn't pass through the HDMI out 2 port ?

Also very frequently when trying to play some movie via apple tv 4k the TV screen displays “no input detected”.

The unit (CXUHD) is brand new (less than a day old) and its been upgraded to the latest firmware- also the HDMI cables are all Belkin ultra fast 48gbps rated cables - so I see no issue there. Apple TV 4k and TV and soundbar all work fine without the CXUHD ( meaning I get Atmos and no intermittent black screen on TV)

Any Idea what could be wrong ? A faulty unit ?

Has anyone tried this with Apple TV 4k successfully?
post #397 of 541 Old 04-17-2019, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 5269 Post(s)
Liked: 4794
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahul View Post
tried connecting the Apple TV 4K to the HDMI Input 1 and HDMI out 1 and 2 are connected to the TV and Soundbar (Samsung K950) respectively.

When I play 4K HDR and Atmos content from Apple TV I just see LPCM 2.0 (via info button on the cxuhd remote) that is sent via HDMI out 2 which is the audio only port. Looks like what is sent via HDMI input l, the player doesn't pass through the HDMI out 2 port ?
Soundbars aren't designed to be connected to audio only outputs. They are designed to connect to the ARC HDMI port on the TV. Try connecting through the soundbar.
Quote:
Also very frequently when trying to play some movie via apple tv 4k the TV screen displays “no input detected”.

The unit (CXUHD) is brand new (less than a day old) and its been upgraded to the latest firmware- also the HDMI cables are all Belkin ultra fast 48gbps rated cables - so I see no issue there. Apple TV 4k and TV and soundbar all work fine without the CXUHD ( meaning I get Atmos and no intermittent black screen on TV)

The new firmware for the CXUHD should add a pass-through mode. Until then you need to match the ATV and CXUHD settings for output format. You should to use 2160p60. Turn match frame rate and dynamic range off on the ATV.
post #398 of 541 Old 04-17-2019, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
I tried connecting the Apple TV 4K to the HDMI Input 1 and HDMI out 1 and 2 are connected to the TV and Soundbar (Samsung K950) respectively.

What Atmos content are you playing? I don't believe the Oppo can pass through the Atmos that iTunes or Netflix use (so thinking same for the CXUHD), so that might be your issue but I'm not entirely sure. I have a similar setup, but have my atv 4ks upstairs as they don't pass through audio and instead decode it to PCM. I use a shield TV instead. Using the audio only out should work (at least it did with my oppo), but you should probably only do that if your sound bar/receiver doesn't support HDR and I'm pretty sure the k950 does (right?). I would think you'd run a high risk of lip sync issues with your setup.

LG OLED E8
Oppo UDP-203
Samsung HW-N950
post #399 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Soundbars aren't designed to be connected to audio only outputs. They are designed to connect to the ARC HDMI port on the TV. Try connecting through the soundbar.

The new firmware for the CXUHD should add a pass-through mode. Until then you need to match the ATV and CXUHD settings for output format. You should to use 2160p60. Turn match frame rate and dynamic range off on the ATV.
It works when I connect TV to hdmi 1 out and Soundbar to hdmi out 2 - I get atmos on my soundbar and 4k on my TV (no lip sync issues etc)

My Soundbar (Samsung K950) does not have HDR passthrough - so connecting to TV via soundbar I would not get HDR and hence I want to avoid.

Match frame rate and dynamic range is already off in ATV and the video is set to 4K HDR 60 Hz -

Do you suggest to set video on ATV to something else?
post #400 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
What Atmos content are you playing? I don't believe the Oppo can pass through the Atmos that iTunes or Netflix use (so thinking same for the CXUHD), so that might be your issue but I'm not entirely sure. I have a similar setup, but have my atv 4ks upstairs as they don't pass through audio and instead decode it to PCM. I use a shield TV instead. Using the audio only out should work (at least it did with my oppo), but you should probably only do that if your sound bar/receiver doesn't support HDR and I'm pretty sure the k950 does (right?). I would think you'd run a high risk of lip sync issues with your setup.
I was playing the movie “First Man” from Netflix app in Apple TV 4k - this title has Dolby Vision and Atmos.

Samsung K950 does not have HDR passthrough - Just 4K passthrough and samsung have no intentions of fixing it.

If I play a 4K UHD Bluray and have the TV connected to hdmi out 1 and Soundbar to hdmi out 2, then everything works perfectly - Get a great looking video on my TV and atmos on the soundbar.

This makes me think that the hdmi input isn't capable of passing through the audio to the hdmi port 2 - however I see it displays “HDR” on the unit when I connect Apple TV 4K to hdmi input 1.
post #401 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 04:50 AM

Quote:
I was playing the movie “First Man” from Netflix app in Apple TV 4k - this title has Dolby Vision and Atmos.

Samsung K950 does not have HDR passthrough - Just 4K passthrough and samsung have no intentions of fixing it.

If I play a 4K UHD Bluray and have the TV connected to hdmi out 1 and Soundbar to hdmi out 2, then everything works perfectly - Get a great looking video on my TV and atmos on the soundbar.

This makes me think that the hdmi input isn't capable of passing through the audio to the hdmi port 2 - however I see it displays “HDR” on the unit when I connect Apple TV 4K to hdmi input 1.
I have a hard time believing the IN can't do what you're asking of it. I know for sure the Oppos have that ability (as I was doing something similar on a 203 very recently). I can test this for you tonight.

LG OLED E8
Oppo UDP-203
Samsung HW-N950
post #402 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 118
@shahul - you gave me a great idea, thanks! My ATV4k is currently connected straight into the TV for best video possible, and for audio, I'm using an optical cable between TV and my pre/pro (that it still sounds amazing, just can't decode any 4k video, 1080p max). Best sound I can get with the ATV4k is Dolby Digital (5.1), which is a limitation of the S/PDIF cable technology, not my Pre/Pro.

Can I increase my sound quality if using the HDMI input of the CXUHD?

Basically, what I'm hoping to get with my ATV4k is to duplicate my audio/video experience when playing any physical HDR BluRay disc via the CXUHD: I get HDR10 video to my Sony TV (soon DV profile apparently) and Master Audio/True-HD7.1 (i.e. bitstream/lossless audio not converted to PCM I suppose) to my pre/pro.

The proposed connection link:

1. ATV4k to the HDMI IN of the CXUHD
2. then HDMI 1 OUT (video only) to Sony 940E TV
3. HDMI 2 OUT (audio only) to my old Pre/Pro

Sadly, I'm currently out of town and can't test this out, but if anyone can check that connection link for me, I'd be very grateful...I've been searching for top shelf audio extractors, even tried out the HDFury Vertex and that ended costing me quite a lot (it broke my pre/pro...very loooong super sad story). I wish to try to leverage these new Netflix Dolby Vision and Atmos shows currently playing...and changing out my Pre/Pro isn't in the cards.

Thanks to anyone that can provide input to my predicament!

Cheers!

Last edited by no_cure; 04-18-2019 at 08:51 AM.
post #403 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
My Soundbar (Samsung K950) does not have HDR passthrough - so connecting to TV via soundbar I would not get HDR and hence I want to avoid.

Match frame rate and dynamic range is already off in ATV and the video is set to 4K HDR 60 Hz -

Do you suggest to set video on ATV to something else?
No, but make sure the Oppo output is also set to the same. Don't use auto.
Quote:
was playing the movie “First Man” from Netflix app in Apple TV 4k - this title has Dolby Vision and Atmos..
I believe another poster already stated that the Apple TVs method of doing Atmos isn't supported by the CXUHD currently. You will need the pass-through mode. It was discussed in the Oppo thread about a year ago.
post #404 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 09:31 AM

[QUOTE Marc Alexander=I believe another poster already stated that the Apple TVs method of doing Atmos isn't supported by the CXUHD currently. You will need the pass-through mode. It was discussed in the Oppo thread about a year ago.[/QUOTE]

@Marc Alexander - thanks for posting this. So if my pre/pro can't decode Dolby Atmos, and I'll use the CXUHD's HDMI input to connect my ATV4k, will it pass true bitstream lossless audio then (Dolby True-HD, DTS Master Audio) if the ATV4k has a native Dolby Atmos sound playing? I don't care for Dolby Atmos at the moment, just to increase the 'standard' Dolby Digital 5.1 sound that I currently get from my optical cable (and that is compressed by design).
post #405 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_cure View Post
[QUOTE Marc Alexander=I believe another poster already stated that the Apple TVs method of doing Atmos isn't supported by the CXUHD currently. You will need the pass-through mode. It was discussed in the Oppo thread about a year ago.

@Marc Alexander - thanks for posting this. So if my pre/pro can't decode Dolby Atmos, and I'll use the CXUHD's HDMI input to connect my ATV4k, will it pass true bitstream lossless audio then (Dolby True-HD, DTS Master Audio) if the ATV4k has a native Dolby Atmos sound playing? I don't care for Dolby Atmos at the moment, just to increase the 'standard' Dolby Digital 5.1 sound that I currently get from my optical cable (and that is compressed by design).[/QUOTE]I believe Oppo had to fix the issue with the ATV Atmos with a firmware that the CXUHD likely doesn't have, at least not yet. Here is an excerpt I found in the 203 thread:

The latest firmware is removing the "Atmos" support flag from the Dolby MAT descriptor in the input's EDID. This still allows TrueHD (also in the MAT container format), including "stealth" Atmos metadata, to pass through the Oppo as "TrueHD 7.1" audio.

But an AppleTV or XBox will no longer send MAT PCM Atmos, which is not supported by the path through the Oppo, and fall back to multi-channel (7.1) PCM audio.

So I believe you either have to change the format to 5.1 on the ATV or you will get no sound.

LG OLED E8
Oppo UDP-203
Samsung HW-N950
post #406 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
@Marc Alexander - thanks for posting this. So if my pre/pro can't decode Dolby Atmos, and I'll use the CXUHD's HDMI input to connect my ATV4k, will it pass true bitstream lossless audio then (Dolby True-HD, DTS Master Audio) if the ATV4k has a native Dolby Atmos sound playing? I don't care for Dolby Atmos at the moment, just to increase the 'standard' Dolby Digital 5.1 sound that I currently get from my optical cable (and that is compressed by design).
I believe Oppo had to fix the issue with the ATV Atmos with a firmware that the CXUHD likely doesn't have, at least not yet. Here is an excerpt I found in the 203 thread:

The latest firmware is removing the "Atmos" support flag from the Dolby MAT descriptor in the input's EDID. This still allows TrueHD (also in the MAT container format), including "stealth" Atmos metadata, to pass through the Oppo as "TrueHD 7.1" audio.

But an AppleTV or XBox will no longer send MAT PCM Atmos, which is not supported by the path through the Oppo, and fall back to multi-channel (7.1) PCM audio.

So I believe you either have to change the format to 5.1 on the ATV or you will get no sound.[/QUOTE]

Great input @sovereignstar ! So neither the Oppo 203 nor CXUHD have the capability to pass through lossless audio through their HDMI Inputs?

I myself, haven't physically met anyone that has the prerequisite # of speakers required for a true Atmos setup, so unless both the cabling, source, processor and speakers all match the Atmos requirements, I would find it hard to distinguish between a true lossless audio (e.g. Dolby True HD & DTS Master Audio) and an Atmos one.

For my setup, I have a mere 5.2, so even if my processor would have been able to decode Atmos, it wouldn't matter, so my end game for now remains lossless audio for all of my sources (CXUHD and ATV4K).
post #407 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Great input @sovereignstar ! So neither the Oppo 203 nor CXUHD have the capability to pass through lossless audio through their HDMI Inputs?

I myself, haven't physically met anyone that has the prerequisite # of speakers required for a true Atmos setup, so unless both the cabling, source, processor and speakers all match the Atmos requirements, I would find it hard to distinguish between a true lossless audio (e.g. Dolby True HD & DTS Master Audio) and an Atmos one.

For my setup, I have a mere 5.2, so even if my processor would have been able to decode Atmos, it wouldn't matter, so my end game for now remains lossless audio for all of my sources (CXUHD and ATV4K).
No, both the Oppos and the CXUHD definitely can pass through lossless audio, that is not an issue. The problem is the method that the ATV sends Atmos, which is called MAT and that's what the Oppo had to workaround. The larger problem with the ATV Is that is does not allow the pass through of any audio. It only decodes and sends out PCM or 5.1. After I purchased my N950 (which is a very good Atmos soundbar system) I moved my shield TV back downstairs as it can feed bitstreamed Atmos to it.

LG OLED E8
Oppo UDP-203
Samsung HW-N950
post #408 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
No, both the Oppos and the CXUHD definitely can pass through lossless audio, that is not an issue. The problem is the method that the ATV sends Atmos, which is called MAT and that's what the Oppo had to workaround. The larger problem with the ATV Is that is does not allow the pass through of any audio. It only decodes and sends out PCM or 5.1. After I purchased my N950 (which is a very good Atmos soundbar system) I moved my shield TV back downstairs as it can feed bitstreamed Atmos to it.
Son of a monkey's uncle! SO it's an Apple issue, not the Oppo/Cambridge Audio HDMI INPUT pass-through problem?
post #409 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
If thats the case then how come the atmos works with ATV and K950 ?
post #410 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Son of a monkey's uncle! SO it's an Apple issue, not the Oppo/Cambridge Audio HDMI INPUT pass-through problem?
See the screenshot below - ATV seems to be sending LPCM 7.1 (top left) however the Audio Out Only has LPCM 2.0 (bottom right)

To me it clearly looks like the CXUHD issue where it cannot passthrough the audio to HDMI 2 OUT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6BD5CC28-2397-4DAB-981C-15673E75A135.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	2555018  
post #411 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
If thats the case then how come the atmos works with ATV and K950 ?
What is the source media? And you are saying it lights up and says Atmos on your soundbar?

LG OLED E8
Oppo UDP-203
Samsung HW-N950
post #412 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
[QUOTE Marc Alexander=I believe another poster already stated that the Apple TVs method of doing Atmos isn't supported by the CXUHD currently. You will need the pass-through mode. It was discussed in the Oppo thread about a year ago.

@Marc Alexander - thanks for posting this. So if my pre/pro can't decode Dolby Atmos, and I'll use the CXUHD's HDMI input to connect my ATV4k, will it pass true bitstream lossless audio then (Dolby True-HD, DTS Master Audio) if the ATV4k has a native Dolby Atmos sound playing? I don't care for Dolby Atmos at the moment, just to increase the 'standard' Dolby Digital 5.1 sound that I currently get from my optical cable (and that is compressed by design).[/QUOTE]The ATV will not bitstream the audio, but it will decode the newer codecs into LPCM. This includes Atmos titles. The core will be decoded.

Be aware that there is no lossless audio from streaming providers. It is mostly Dolby Digital+ (including Atmos titles). There is any least one provider streaming DTS-HD which is a lossy version of their codec.

The Infuse player can play any format video over your local network up to 7.1.
post #413 of 541 Old 04-18-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
See the screenshot below - ATV seems to be sending LPCM 7.1 (top left) however the Audio Out Only has LPCM 2.0 (bottom right)

To me it clearly looks like the CXUHD issue where it cannot passthrough the audio to HDMI 2 OUT
DTS:X lights up my N950 playing an mkv of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot via Plex on my ShieldTV thru the HDMI IN and using the Audio Out Only.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190418_212017.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	725.4 KB
ID:	2555138  

LG OLED E8
Oppo UDP-203
Samsung HW-N950
post #414 of 541 Old 04-19-2019, 01:32 AM

Quote:
What is the source media? And you are saying it lights up and says Atmos on your soundbar?
The source media is iTunes Movie (“First Man”) streamed via Apple TV 4K which is connected to K950 and this is then connected to TV.

Yes - the sounbar lights up the blue light (indicating atmos) and also “Dolby Atmos” scrolls through the soundbar display.

The above set up does not involve CXUHD at all - the problem comes when ATV is connected to CXUHD HDMI Input 1 and Audio only output is connected to soundbar and HDMI Out 1 connected to TV.

The soundbar that you have (N950) supports DTS:X and has HDR passthrough - mine doesnt (K950) as this is the previous model.
post #415 of 541 Old 04-19-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
The source media is iTunes Movie (“First Man”) streamed via Apple TV 4K which is connected to K950 and this is then connected to TV.

Yes - the sounbar lights up the blue light (indicating atmos) and also “Dolby Atmos” scrolls through the soundbar display.

The above set up does not involve CXUHD at all - the problem comes when ATV is connected to CXUHD HDMI Input 1 and Audio only output is connected to soundbar and HDMI Out 1 connected to TV.

The soundbar that you have (N950) supports DTS:X and has HDR passthrough - mine doesnt (K950) as this is the previous model.
So I don't use iTunes or Netflix and am not an expert on them, but this is what I think is happening. iTunes and Netflix are able to pass through to soundbar or CXUHD, but if you play a media file through Infuse (or other 3rd party apps) like Marc Alexander mentioned above it will decode it and send out as LPCM (2,5,7 channels or whatever). But like I mentioned above, as it currently stands the CXUHD cannot receive the iTunes/Netflix Atmos from the ATV as it uses Atmos MAT. It confuses the CXUHD to the point that it is not able to decode it and sound will not play. You should be able to test this by playing some Netflix or iTunes material that only has Dolby Digital Plus.

LG OLED E8
Oppo UDP-203
Samsung HW-N950

Last edited by sovereignstar; 04-19-2019 at 09:30 AM.
post #416 of 541 Old 04-19-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
The ATV will not bitstream the audio, but it will decode the newer codecs into LPCM. This includes Atmos titles. The core will be decoded.

Be aware that there is no lossless audio from streaming providers. It is mostly Dolby Digital+ (including Atmos titles). There is any least one provider streaming DTS-HD which is a lossy version of their codec.

The Infuse player can play any format video over your local network up to 7.1.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Marc - don't know much about the Infuse app...I'll be researching it. Are you saying that I can use the Infuse app on the ATV4k, and have that send lossless audio to the CXUHD's HDMI input since the native ATV4K apps don't send lossless audio?
post #417 of 541 Old 04-19-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks Marc - don't know much about the Infuse app...I'll be researching it. Are you saying that I can use the Infuse app on the ATV4k, and have that send lossless audio to the CXUHD's HDMI input since the native ATV4K apps don't send lossless audio?
Correct, it will send lossless audio to the HDMI IN in the form of LPCM. At one point Infuse was able to passthrough audio, but now the ATV only allows decoding to uncompressed LPCM. From what I understand the only difference between LPCM and the HD formats such as Atmos, DTS:X, etc. is that your receiver or soundbar will not light up showing that that particular content is playing. When passthrough was taken away on the ATV this became the subject of much consternation on the Infuse forums. Here is the Infuse Audio FAQ if you want to know more. I don't know if you have local media content, but that's what it's aimed towards.

https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-u...-Options-tvOS-
no_cure likes this.

LG OLED E8
Oppo UDP-203
Samsung HW-N950
post #418 of 541 Old 04-19-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
So I don't use iTunes or Netflix and am not an expert on them, but this is what I think is happening. iTunes and Netflix are able to pass through to soundbar or CXUHD, but if you play a media file through Infuse (or other 3rd party apps) like Marc Alexander mentioned above it will decode it and send out as LPCM (2,5,7 channels or whatever). But like I mentioned above, as it currently stands the CXUHD cannot receive the iTunes/Netflix Atmos from the ATV as it uses Atmos MAT. It confuses the CXUHD to the point that it is not able to decode it and sound will not play. You should be able to test this by playing some Netflix or iTunes material that only has Dolby Digital Plus.
Same issue with titles with Dolby Digital Plus - CXUHD cannot passthrough even DD+ - All I get out of HDMI out 2 on CXUHD is stereo (LPCM 2.0) - see attached screenshot
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D03A2293-6015-465E-93B2-0C34B7BE1A54.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	2555548  
post #419 of 541 Old 04-19-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Same issue with titles with Dolby Digital Plus - CXUHD cannot passthrough even DD+ - All I get out of HDMI out 2 on CXUHD is stereo (LPCM 2.0) - see attached screenshot
Something is up with your setup then. I proved last night that it most definitely can pass through HD audio. Is your firmware up to date?

LG OLED E8
Oppo UDP-203
Samsung HW-N950
post #420 of 541 Old 04-19-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Something is up with your setup then. I proved last night that it most definitely can pass through HD audio. Is your firmware up to date?

Yes - its has the latest firmware

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	527.9 KB
ID:	2555592

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page