OFFICIAL Sony UBP-X700 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1875Likes

post #3271 of 3280 Old 08-13-2019, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I can confirm, that the Home menu of X700 uses the full bandwidth (593 out of 600MHz) of the 18Gbps cable:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1762.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	2602736  
galonzo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 3280 Old 08-15-2019, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey I'm trying to use the x700 to play back my 4k uhd remuxes from a usb flash drive. It doesn't support true-hd playback from mkv containers, it can only do true-hd from m2ts, however dts-hd ma works fine from either. I thought i could over come this by just using the m2ts straight from the rip but when i playback that file i lose the ability to seek or skip chapters. It seems i need to mux my own m2ts from the disc m2ts but the tools I have are all old, anyone have any suggestions?
post #3273 of 3280 Old 08-15-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giderac View Post
...anyone have any suggestions?
I use DVDFab UHD Creator.
PS You could to use eac3to to re-create TrueHD track with embedded AC3 core (MKV splits them apart) and can remux this into m2ts to recreate compatible file.
Problem is, there are no free TS muxers that would mux HEVC video properly.
PPS DVDFab Creator does not need any additional tools, it creates a proper BDMV image from the MKV without external help.

Last edited by priitv8; 08-15-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3274 of 3280 Old 08-16-2019, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Does this player support Dolby Vision in AVCHD folder?
post #3275 of 3280 Old 08-17-2019, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neof1z View Post
Does this player support Dolby Vision in AVCHD folder?
In which way should it do it?
There are 2 DoVi encodings in use.
The one used on Bluray disc is not recognised from any other source but optical disc.
The one used in streaming works also from file (usb, dlna). If you wrap it into AVCHD folder, should not matter.
But I have not tested it.
Why use that anyway?
post #3276 of 3280 Old 08-17-2019, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priitv8 View Post
In which way should it do it?
There are 2 DoVi encodings in use.
The one used on Bluray disc is not recognised from any other source but optical disc.
The one used in streaming works also from file (usb, dlna). If you wrap it into AVCHD folder, should not matter.
But I have not tested it.
Why use that anyway?
I keep main movie only untouch using DVDFAB. AVCHD folder with HDR works fine. Just i want to know for future use
post #3277 of 3280 Old Yesterday, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I keep main movie only untouch using DVDFAB. AVCHD folder with HDR works fine. Just i want to know for future use
Do you mean BDMV??
AVCHD was a consumer handycam format, never used for commercial blurays.
Do you mean by "for future use" the eventual capability to use full menu-based UI of the bluray? This is a thing you will lose with Sony's UHD players. You could go for an OPPO to get that functionality.
Other than that, I see no reason to drag all the ballast along, so I only create m2ts file of a main movie and scrap the rest.

Last edited by priitv8; Yesterday at 12:37 AM.
post #3278 of 3280 Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Do you mean BDMV??
AVCHD was a commercial format, never used for commercial blurays.
Do you mean by "for future use" the eventual capability to use full menu-based UI of the bluray? This is a thing you will lose with Sony's UHD players. You could go for an OPPO to get that functionality.
Other than that, I see no reason to drag all the ballast along, so I only create m2ts file of a main movie and scrap the rest.
Yes i keep it in BDMV Movie only. "for future use" means i can write in bdxl. Oppo is expensive. So i have to find a shop with the right equipment to test it.
post #3279 of 3280 Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Yes i keep it in BDMV Movie only. "for future use" means i can write in bdxl. Oppo is expensive. So i have to find a shop with the right equipment to test it.
OK, I see. It will work, no problem. There are couple of problems, though:
a) if you retain the BDMV folder structure, you will be navigating more folders and the final file is deeper in the tree
b) with movies, that have been cut into several files (and play on the BD player only because of the magic of playlists), you have a big problem - you need to manually play the pieces. UBP will not use playlists from other media but optical.
Remedy to issue b) - DVDFab. You need to buy 2 modules - ripper and creator.
Ripper will create single file from a BD playlist, even if originally split between many m2ts files. Creator will create new bluray image / BDMV folder. I am almost sure it will create its own menu from template and not copy original menus.
post #3280 of 3280 Old Today, 07:01 AM

Quote:
OK, I see. It will work, no problem. There are couple of problems, though:
a) if you retain the BDMV folder structure, you will be navigating more folders and the final file is deeper in the tree
b) with movies, that have been cut into several files (and play on the BD player only because of the magic of playlists), you have a big problem - you need to manually play the pieces. UBP will not use playlists from other media but optical.
Remedy to issue b) - DVDFab. You need to buy 2 modules - ripper and creator.
Ripper will create single file from a BD playlist, even if originally split between many m2ts files. Creator will create new bluray image / BDMV folder. I am almost sure it will create its own menu from template and not copy original menus.
I don't play manually pieces in USB/AVCHD folder. It starts the movie normally with HDR(I don't have TV with DoVi).My folders contains a single M2TS file.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page