OFFICIAL Sony UBP-X700 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 111 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1911Likes

post #3301 of 3346 Old 08-21-2019, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
If the soundbar ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
If the soundbar supports ...
SUCCESS! thank you guys!!!

it still says trueHD 7.1 but the green light on the soundbar confirms atmos
morphinapg and PlanetAVS like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3346 Old 08-21-2019, 04:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2020 Post(s)
Liked: 1886
Quote:
Originally Posted by indelible View Post
SUCCESS! thank you guys!!!

it still says trueHD 7.1 but the green light on the soundbar confirms atmos
Good to hear. The on screen display from the X700 will only indicate TrueHD 7.1, the ATMOS indicator on the soundbar is the true indicator whether you're getting ATMOS properly.
morphinapg and galonzo like this.
post #3303 of 3346 Old 08-21-2019, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunMunro View Post
Can you connect directly with an ethernet cable and check it?

The advantage of using it's internet apps is that it allows for firmware updates and provides excellent performance with 4K material, and it has very good upscaling ability with 1080p content.
I can’t connect it via Ethernet. My Sony TV has great upscaling also and I am assuming equally good apps, but I don’t use those very often. It is weird that I was able to do a firmware update via WiFi, but it says I have no connection when trying to load an app.

Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3304 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs down Issue with Blu Ray Player

Hello-

For starters, my setup:

TV: Sony XBR-85X900F
Soundbar: Samsung HW-N950
Sony UBP-X700 4K Blu Ray Player
Xfinity X1 Cable Box
Xbox One
Kinivo 301BN HDMI Switch

Cable box, Blu Ray Player, and Xbox One connected to inputs on Kinivo Switch. Output on Kinivo Switch connected to input on Samsung Soundbar. Soundbar connected to HDMI 3 (ARC) port of Sony TV.

The issue: for a brief time, I could see the Blu Ray player main menu. Long enough to run through the initial set up (it's new). After switching inputs on the switch, the Blu Ray player main menu no longer shows up. None of the Blu Ray player apps (like Netflix) show either. Just "no signal" on the TV. However, if I put in a movie and push play, the movie will run and voila, a picture. The only issue is with the Blu Ray player home screen and apps. Any ideas what would cause this, and how to fix it? There are no issues with the Xbox or Cable Box. Also, the TV "sees" the Blu Ray player and the port where it's connected (since they are both Sony it identified it on the HDMI port by name "UBP-X700").

I also tried removing the switch from the equation and going direct from Blu Ray to Soundbar, with the same results. The Blu Ray player menu and apps won't show up, but playing a movie works. I've tried any number of different Hdmi Cables, powering off all devices, reconnecting, removing the other devices from the switch, etc. with no luck. Not sure what's going on here. As I mentioned before, I did get the menu to show up when I initially hooked up the player and ran through the setup. But since then, no luck.

Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.
post #3305 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2270 Post(s)
Liked: 1613
I don't know about the X700, but it may be the format that the player uses for its menus.

I once had a Samsung UBD-K8500. It did 4k 60Hz 4:4:4 (at 8 bits). That requires a bit rate of 17.2 Gbps, which means that the HDMI cables must be capable of that.

If your cables aren't premium certified, replacing them (there are inexpensive certified cables on Amazon from Monoprice and others) ought to help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Certfied_premium_HDMI.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	2611846  
post #3306 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello-

For starters, my setup:

Xfinity X1 Cable Box
Xbox One
Kinivo 301BN HDMI Switch

Cable box, Blu Ray Player, and Xbox One connected to inputs on Kinivo Switch. Output on Kinivo Switch connected to input on Samsung Soundbar. Soundbar connected to HDMI 3 (ARC) port of Sony TV.

The issue: for a brief time, I could see the Blu Ray player main menu. Long enough to run through the initial set up (it's new). After switching inputs on the switch, the Blu Ray player main menu no longer shows up. None of the Blu Ray player apps (like Netflix) show either. Just "no signal" on the TV. However, if I put in a movie and push play, the movie will run and voila, a picture. The only issue is with the Blu Ray player home screen and apps. Any ideas what would cause this, and how to fix it? There are no issues with the Xbox or Cable Box. Also, the TV "sees" the Blu Ray player and the port where it's connected (since they are both Sony it identified it on the HDMI port by name "UBP-X700").

I also tried removing the switch from the equation and going direct from Blu Ray to Soundbar, with the same results. The Blu Ray player menu and apps won't show up, but playing a movie works. I've tried any number of different Hdmi Cables, powering off all devices, reconnecting, removing the other devices from the switch, etc. with no luck. Not sure what's going on here. As I mentioned before, I did get the menu to show up when I initially hooked up the player and ran through the setup. But since then, no luck.

Direct connect the X700 to the TV with your shortest HDMI cable; does that work?

Quote:
x [YCbCr/RGB (HDMI)]
[Auto]: Automatically detects the connected TV
type, and switches to the matching color setting.
[YCbCr (4:2:2)]: Outputs YCbCr 4:2:2 video
signals.
[YCbCr (4:4:4)]: Outputs YCbCr 4:4:4 video
signals.
[RGB]: Outputs RGB video signals.
b
Not available when [Dolby Vision Output] is set
to [On].
x [HDMI Deep Color Output]
[Auto]: Outputs 12bit/10bit video signals
when the connected TV is compatible with
Deep Color.
[Off]: Select this when the picture is unstable
or colors appear unnatural.
This from page 21 of the manual.
Using Deep colour and ycbcr 4:4:4 outputs the highest quality signal but also passes the most data through the cable and many switches can't handle this data rate.

Also on page 21 are options to reduce the frame rate to 24p which will also reduce the data rate.

I just checked my X700 and the app menu outputs at 4K 60hz (60p) 4:2:2 8bit which requires an 18gbps connection, although the actual data rate is less.

Last edited by DunMunro; 09-06-2019 at 11:49 AM.
post #3307 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[QUOTE=DunMunro;58522318]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello-

For starters, my setup:

Xfinity X1 Cable Box
Xbox One
Kinivo 301BN HDMI Switch

Direct connect the X700 to the TV with your shortest HDMI cable; does that work?

Quote:
x [YCbCr/RGB (HDMI)]
[Auto]: Automatically detects the connected TV
type, and switches to the matching color setting.
[YCbCr (4:2:2)]: Outputs YCbCr 4:2:2 video
signals.
[YCbCr (4:4:4)]: Outputs YCbCr 4:4:4 video
signals.
[RGB]: Outputs RGB video signals.
b
Not available when [Dolby Vision Output] is set
to [On].
x [HDMI Deep Color Output]
[Auto]: Outputs 12bit/10bit video signals
when the connected TV is compatible with
Deep Color.
[Off]: Select this when the picture is unstable
or colors appear unnatural.
This from page 21 of the manual.
Using Deep colour and ycbcr 4:4:4 outputs the highest quality signal but also passes the most data through the cable and many switches can't handle this data rate.

Also on page 21 are options to reduce the frame rate to 24p which will also reduce the data rate.

I just checked my X700 and the app menu outputs at 4K 60hz (60p) 4:2:2 8bit which requires an 18gbps connection, although the actual data rate is less.[/QUOTE

I did try direct connection to the TV and that works fine. Seems the Soundbar is the issue. It also works connected through the switch directly to the TV. So I’ve at least isolated the issue to the soundbar. Samsung told me I shouldn’t connect the player to the soundbar which is ridiculous
post #3308 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 01:45 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9218 Post(s)
Liked: 5927
Quote:

I just checked my X700 and the app menu outputs at 4K 60hz (60p) 4:2:2 8bit which requires an 18gbps connection, although the actual data rate is less.
There is no outputting 2160P with 4:2:2 at 8 bit. It's always at 12 bit. That is all the HDMI 2.0 spec allows. Although some devices erroneously report it as 8 bit(like my Onkyo receiver). HDMI devices have to comply with the HDMI specs. Which is why you are not actually getting 8 bit.
Here is a chart that shows what is allowed by the HDMI spec.

from http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/uhd-101-v2/

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 09-06-2019 at 01:54 PM.
post #3309 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
There is no outputting 2160P with 4:2:2 at 8 bit. It's always at 12 bit. That is all the HDMI 2.0 spec allows. Although some devices erroneously report it as 8 bit(like my Onkyo receiver). HDMI devices have to comply with the HDMI specs. Which is why you are not actually getting 8 bit.
Here is a chart that shows what is allowed by the HDMI spec.

from http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/uhd-101-v2/
I was reporting what my projector was displaying as the input signal. AIUI, there is no HDR 8bit 60hz 4:2:2 format but non HDR is supported:

https://community.cedia.net/blogs/da...tes-for-4k-hdr
post #3310 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 02:22 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9218 Post(s)
Liked: 5927
Quote:
I was reporting what my projector was displaying as the input signal. AIUI, there is no HDR 8bit 60hz 4:2:2 format but non HDR is supported:

https://community.cedia.net/blogs/da...tes-for-4k-hdr
That page is still showing what data rates are possible. But no matter what data rates are possible, a device is still constrained by the HDMI specs. While something can be 8 bit, it still has to be output as 12 bit with the 422 colorspace. To conform to the HDMi 2.0 spec.

Which is why it looks like the page shows 422 at 8, 10, and 12 bits using the same HDMI data rate. SInce it's showing the data rate for 12 bit at 422.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 09-06-2019 at 02:25 PM.
post #3311 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 1593
Quote:
There's a misunderstanding and your projector format display is broken (this is not that uncommon). The allowed values are show in the table posted. If your projector is claiming a cell that says NS one of the values frame-rate/chroma/bit-depth is wrong.

BTW, there's no 8b HDR. No matter what the chroma or framerate 8b = SDR, hence 8b=none in each cell in the HDR column of that CEDIA table. You need 10 or 12b to support HDR.

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X3500/LG C8
post #3312 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
There's a misunderstanding and your projector format display is broken (this is not that uncommon). The allowed values are show in the table posted. If your projector is claiming a cell that says NS one of the values frame-rate/chroma/bit-depth is wrong.

BTW, there's no 8b HDR. No matter what the chroma or framerate 8b = SDR, hence 8b=none in each cell in the HDR column of that CEDIA table. You need 10 or 12b to support HDR.
The projector input data was from the X700 menu, which is not HDR.
post #3313 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 1593
Quote:
The projector input data was from the X700 menu, which is not HDR.
This is not in agreement with your previous posts. People can only go by what you say at the time.

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X3500/LG C8
post #3314 of 3346 Old 09-06-2019, 10:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
This is not in agreement with your previous posts. People can only go by what you say at the time.
This is what I stated:

Anyways, I think the OP has sorted out his issues.
post #3315 of 3346 Old 09-10-2019, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by priitv8 View Post
Yes, that is how it reads on paper. Do you really see that big difference on your screen between HDR10 and DV? Assuming the picture settings (brightness, contrast, gamma, saturation) have been set the same for both picture modes (my TV has individual settings for SDR, HDR and DV)?
I’m asking, because on my set (Sony ZD9), I do not see any significant difference. Definitely nothing all the noise and buzz around DV would let one assume.
There is one measurable difference, in DV mode the 100nit white patch is not 100 nits but darker. So the image in DV mode is not as bright as in HDR10.
In all other aspects, I fail to see differences worth writing home about.
I also have the Z9D and I don't see much difference between DV and HDR10 either. I think this is, in large part, because the Z9D does less tone mapping than most displays since it's capable of 1800+ nits peak brightness. I see a slight improvement in movies that are mastered at 4,000 nits, like the regrettable Batman vs Superman, but it's barely discernable to me. I believe midrange LCD and OLED TVs benefit more from DV IMHO.
galonzo likes this.
post #3316 of 3346 Old 09-10-2019, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark91962 View Post
I see a slight improvement in movies that are mastered at 4,000 nits, like the regrettable Batman vs Superman, but it's barely discernable to me.
The new Spears & Munsil UHD/HDR Benchmark Disc allows you to switch between masterings to 1000, 2000, 4000 and 10000 nits. It is really interesting to see, how ZD9 handles them. So far I'd say the 2000nit metadata suits it best. Another thing - it looks more like clipping than tonemapping the brights down.
post #3317 of 3346 Old 09-10-2019, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2289 Post(s)
Liked: 1844
Quote:
Originally Posted by priitv8 View Post
The new Spears & Munsil UHD/HDR Benchmark Disc allows you to switch between masterings to 1000, 2000, 4000 and 10000 nits. It is really interesting to see, how ZD9 handles them. So far I'd say the 2000nit metadata suits it best. Another thing - it looks more like clipping than tonemapping the brights down.
My Sony 930d does a hard clip at 1000nits. You can control the clip with the contrast control. Z9D is likely the same but at 2000nits.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Sony UBP-X700, Atomos Ninja Inferno
Check out my video game movie edits

Last edited by morphinapg; 09-10-2019 at 11:13 PM.
post #3318 of 3346 Old 09-12-2019, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Looks like I'll need to invest in the newer Spears & Munsil as I have the HD version. Thanks for the tip @ priitv8. 10k on the Z9D thread has done extensive testing and sets the contrast to 86/100 for HDR material to preserve specular highlights. Love that the X700 has the newer version of the Vudu app.
morphinapg likes this.
post #3319 of 3346 Old 09-14-2019, 12:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 277
I took a chance and replaced my X700 with a $200 used X800M2 with two free UHD movies.

The X800M2 is 5x as quiet, I can no longer hear the disk drive humming like a car idling in the background while watching disks.

The X800M2 is placed on top of my Sony AV receiver, completely covering the AVR's top heat vents, and is baking like a cake with like a few mm's of space between the two, and the darn thing just made it 2 hours through UHD playback of MIB International without freezing!

If you don't like the freezing, or don't like the noisy disk playback level, the X800M2 with DV would be my recomendation. Too bad I can only get like $50 for an X700 second hand on eBray.

Paul
Panson likes this.

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
post #3320 of 3346 Old 09-14-2019, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked: 510
^ I wouldn't leave the X800M2 on top of the AVR. Heat is not good for electronic components and will most likely shorten the life of both of them.
Panson likes this.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #3321 of 3346 Old 09-14-2019, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 2106 Post(s)
Liked: 2277
Can I get atmos through the x700 using the Vudu app?

The movies I play say they have atmos in the vudu app, but my receiver does not display atmos. When playing an atmos enabled blu ray my receiver does indicate atmos.

Thanks
Ray
post #3322 of 3346 Old 09-14-2019, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
^ I wouldn't leave the X800M2 on top of the AVR. Heat is not good for electronic components and will most likely shorten the life of both of them.
This was my first run "burn in" test to see if the X800M2 was affected by heat freeze...it passed. My AVR never amplifies too much (small bedroom), so not too concerned about heat buildup, but I prebought some rubber 19mm tall rubber feet riser things to place under the X800M2 if it comes to that...the little rubber feet are a good idea for the X700 as well, especially since it gets hotter faster.

For anyone interested, the X800M2 is not compact like the X700, it is a full size rack width, fully and completely matches the width and depth of my AV receiver.

Paul
Panson likes this.

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
post #3323 of 3346 Old 09-15-2019, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi guys just bought the x700 will have it hooked up to Denon x3600 and LG C9. Whole home cinema refresh in the last weeks.

Looking forward to getting it up and running just wanted to check with you guys what are the best settings for regular blurays. I obviously don't have any uhd disks yet but have a lot of regular blurays. I have heard the x700 can force dolby vision just wondering how does it look?

Any other settings I need to look at?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
post #3324 of 3346 Old 09-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

I don't know if "forced" Dolby Vision is the right term...it is similar to "forcing" low gear in a car at highway speeds...Dolby Vision should only be turned on for known DV discs or Netflix etc.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintinjones View Post
Hi guys just bought the x700 will have it hooked up to Denon x3600 and LG C9. Whole home cinema refresh in the last weeks.

Looking forward to getting it up and running just wanted to check with you guys what are the best settings for regular blurays. I obviously don't have any uhd disks yet but have a lot of regular blurays. I have heard the x700 can force dolby vision just wondering how does it look?

Any other settings I need to look at?

Thanks in advance

tintinjones likes this.

post #3325 of 3346 Old 09-15-2019, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
I don't know if "forced" Dolby Vision is the right term...it is similar to "forcing" low gear in a car at highway speeds...Dolby Vision should only be turned on for known DV discs or Netflix etc.

Paul
Sorry I wasn't clear basically what I was asking was how is he x700 for normal blurays? I had heard the dolby vision option does work well for 1080p blurays even though they obviously weren't mastered for dolby vision so just wanted to check.

Thanks for the reply

post #3326 of 3346 Old 09-15-2019, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

While Dolby Vision mode while watching SDR is obviously not going to give you the best quality for the content, I will say that it will in many cases not completely destroy your picture. It is very similar to how Windows 10 HDR mode tone maps your desktop and non HDR apps to sRGB REC709...it doesn't look as nice as native, but if your not too picky it doesn't completely ruin your experience. I hope that makes a bit more sense?

Paul

Quote:
Sorry I wasn't clear basically what I was asking was how is he x700 for normal blurays? I had heard the dolby vision option does work well for 1080p blurays even though they obviously weren't mastered for dolby vision so just wanted to check.

Thanks for the reply

tintinjones likes this.

post #3327 of 3346 Old 09-15-2019, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Paul
I have to disagree. Dolby Vision has better processing than HDR10 and I far prefer having it turned on for HDR10 content over viewing it natively.

Also, SDR with it on doesn't bad either. It actually does one of the better SDR to HDR conversions I've seen. Subtle enough to still look like the base content, but enhanced in just the right places to get a slight sense of HDR pop without overdoing it.

galonzo and tintinjones like this.

Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Sony UBP-X700, Atomos Ninja Inferno
post #3328 of 3346 Old 09-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
I have to disagree. Dolby Vision has better processing than HDR10 and I far prefer having it turned on for HDR10 content over viewing it natively.

Also, SDR with it on doesn't bad either. It actually does one of the better SDR to HDR conversions I've seen. Subtle enough to still look like the base content, but enhanced in just the right places to get a slight sense of HDR pop without overdoing it.

Dolby Vision on HDR10 content will reduce the 50% luminance from 94nit to around 60nit, tested this myself with HCFR. Basically, it corrupts the curve, and if you have a calibrated TV it will become much dimmer. It's like taking your contrast on HDR10 and reducing it to half value. But as you said, it doesn't look too bad on SDR content, if you don't want to be bothered to change the menu settings all the time.

Paul

post #3329 of 3346 Old 09-15-2019, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Dolby Vision on HDR10 content will reduce the 50% luminance from 94nit to around 60nit, tested this myself with HCFR. Basically, it corrupts the curve, and if you have a calibrated TV it will become much dimmer. It's like taking your contrast on HDR10 and reducing it to half value. But as you said, it doesn't look too bad on SDR content, if you don't want to be bothered to change the menu settings all the time.

Paul
First of all, that will depend significantly on what TV you have for how it will affect yours.

Secondly, I've done side by side comparisons with the HDR10-to-DV converted discs with the actual DV copies on VUDU, and the results are pretty damn close. So yeah, I don't care if it's darker if the results end up better, which I've found DV to be the better version just about every time. Darker is sometimes better because it opens up the possibility of more highlight information, more contrast, more color etc. I watch on an OLED in a dark room, so darkness of APL never matters to me as your eyes will adjust in that situation.
galonzo and tintinjones like this.

post #3330 of 3346 Old 09-15-2019, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2020 Post(s)
Liked: 1886
Quote:

Thanks for the reply

Dolby Vision doesn't work well for 1080P Blu Ray unless you don't care about accuracy. Most would recommend keeping DV off, unless you know that it is Dolby Vision content. The fact that it needs to be turned on/off manually is the biggest drawback of the player. Otherwise it works excellent in almost every way.
tintinjones likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
bluray , hdmi , soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page