OFFICIAL Sony UBP-X700 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1941Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
leonmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 582
I'm starting to think that the X700 and ATV4K are going to be my only streaming devices! The X700 UHD and HDR support is great with Vudu HDR being the slacker at this point. Of course, when the X700 is updated for Dolby Vision it'll be time to make a new analysis. However, I suspect (guessing) that the X700 may end up being one of the most capable streamers for the major services. Fingers crossed that the summer X700 Dolby Vision update gets us not only Dolby Vision, but even better apps

Leon McKee

LR: XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | UBP-X700 | URC MX-890 | SoundTouch 300 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
MBR: KDL-65W850A | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | URC MX-890 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
4K HDR/DV Chains: ATV4K/UBP-X700>3ft Monoprice Certified Premium Cables>65X930E
Computing, Truck & Communication Devices: Proud Apple Customer Since 1979
leonmckee is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 12:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonmckee View Post
So here's the X700 information screen for Vudu when viewing a UHD movie that has HDR. Notice the HDR is grayed out. Maybe there's hope for the future of Vudu HDR on Sony devices, but I can't get it to trigger at this point.

Leon McKee

I think Oblivion is Dolby Vision only so that may be why it's not working. Could you check some other movies? I know that Wonder Woman and Batman v Superman have HDR10 support.
meles likes this.
family_guy is online now  
post #33 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,775
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 4707
I got the X800 yesterday at BB but it's kinda big and doesn't fit well in my shelf. I just ordered the X700 from BB and it will be delivered tomorrow. Anything that I would be giving away going from the X800 to X700? My 4K TV is from 2015 so no HDR, No Dolby Vision. I'm planning to upgrade to LG OLED 55C8 by Thanksgiving, though.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 12:34 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,972
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9324 Post(s)
Liked: 6006
Quote:
Originally Posted by family_guy View Post
Didn't the X800 do Youtube in HDR10?
Yes. The X800 supports HDR from Youtube. Which requires VP9 profile 2 support. Which I would expect the X700 to also have.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #35 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 12:35 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,972
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9324 Post(s)
Liked: 6006
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonmckee View Post
Every YouTube 4K HDR10 video I've tried invokes the vp9 (313) codec just like my X930E does. No HDR. I sure hope this changes!

EDIT: Just found one that works! The X700 YouTube app does HDR10 with Codec vp9.2 (337)

Leon McKee
Try subscribing to "The HDR Channel" on Youtube. They have a bunch of HDR videos that should work for a player supporting VP9.2

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #36 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 12:37 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,972
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9324 Post(s)
Liked: 6006
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonmckee View Post
So here's the X700 information screen for Vudu when viewing a UHD movie that has HDR. Notice the HDR is grayed out. Maybe there's hope for the future of Vudu HDR on Sony devices, but I can't get it to trigger at this point.

Leon McKee
That's because it's only available in DV right now. You should try one of the titles that have HDR10. Like from Warner Brothers.

If the X700 supports HDR10 from Vudu, that will be a huge incentive for me.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #37 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
leonmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by family_guy View Post
I think Oblivion is Dolby Vision only so that may be why it's not working. Could you check some other movies? I know that Wonder Woman and Batman v Superman have HDR10 support.
I don't own either one of those titles, but I did look at their info screens on the X700 app and they look exactly the same (gray HDR logo). I'm not home right now, but I'll check some other titles a little later. My Vudu UHD HDR titles are all ports from iTunes which Vudu just started doing if they have the title in UHD. I never checked to see if it goes the other way, but if I see a good deal on a Vudu UHD title with HDR I'll make a purchase for further testing.

Leon McKee

LR: XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | UBP-X700 | URC MX-890 | SoundTouch 300 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
MBR: KDL-65W850A | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | URC MX-890 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
4K HDR/DV Chains: ATV4K/UBP-X700>3ft Monoprice Certified Premium Cables>65X930E
Computing, Truck & Communication Devices: Proud Apple Customer Since 1979
leonmckee is online now  
post #38 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
leonmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
That's because it's only available in DV right now. You should try one of the titles that have HDR10. Like from Warner Brothers.

If the X700 supports HDR10 from Vudu, that will be a huge incentive for me.
Ok, I'll check later when I'm home and report back!

Leon McKee

LR: XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | UBP-X700 | URC MX-890 | SoundTouch 300 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
MBR: KDL-65W850A | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | URC MX-890 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
4K HDR/DV Chains: ATV4K/UBP-X700>3ft Monoprice Certified Premium Cables>65X930E
Computing, Truck & Communication Devices: Proud Apple Customer Since 1979
leonmckee is online now  
post #39 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
leonmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I got the X800 yesterday at BB but it's kinda big and doesn't fit well in my shelf. I just ordered the X700 from BB and it will be delivered tomorrow. Anything that I would be giving away going from the X800 to X700? My 4K TV is from 2015 so no HDR, No Dolby Vision. I'm planning to upgrade to LG OLED 55C8 by Thanksgiving, though.
If you use a wired connection you're good! The X700 only has 2.4 GHz wireless.

The X700 is very small and light and that might be a shock. However, the X700 is actually a performer!

Try PMing or replying to gadgtfreek (he started this thread) as he knows both units very well!

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-bl...l#post55563530

Leon McKee

LR: XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | UBP-X700 | URC MX-890 | SoundTouch 300 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
MBR: KDL-65W850A | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | URC MX-890 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
4K HDR/DV Chains: ATV4K/UBP-X700>3ft Monoprice Certified Premium Cables>65X930E
Computing, Truck & Communication Devices: Proud Apple Customer Since 1979
leonmckee is online now  
post #40 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,775
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 4707
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonmckee View Post
If you use a wired connection you're good! The X700 only has 2.4 GHz wireless.

The X700 is very small and light and that might be a shock. However, the X700 is actually a performer!

Try PMing or replying to gadgtfreek (he started this thread) as he knows both units very well!

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-bl...l#post55563530

Leon McKee
I don't have wired in my bedroom but I can do that. I'm going to try with wireless 2.4 GHz to see if streaming 4K is handle well. If not I can put a network switcher in my bedroom and run ethernet.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
post #41 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
leonmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
That's because it's only available in DV right now. You should try one of the titles that have HDR10. Like from Warner Brothers.

If the X700 supports HDR10 from Vudu, that will be a huge incentive for me.
Just purchased Wonder Woman 4K in iTunes and it ported to Vudu as UHD. I'll check that one when I get home, but do you have any other specific movie suggestions for checking HDR10 on Vudu?

Leon McKee

LR: XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | UBP-X700 | URC MX-890 | SoundTouch 300 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
MBR: KDL-65W850A | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | URC MX-890 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
4K HDR/DV Chains: ATV4K/UBP-X700>3ft Monoprice Certified Premium Cables>65X930E
Computing, Truck & Communication Devices: Proud Apple Customer Since 1979

Last edited by leonmckee; 02-20-2018 at 07:54 AM.
leonmckee is online now  
post #42 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 01:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonmckee View Post
Just purchased Wonder Woman 4K in iTunes and it ported to Vudu as UHD. I check that one when I get home, but do you have any other specific movie suggestions are checking HDR10 on Vudu?

Leon McKee
Blade Runner 2049 if you're into that type of movie. However, if Wonder Woman doesn't work then none of them should. Thanks for checking for us.
family_guy is online now  
post #43 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
leonmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by family_guy View Post
Blade Runner 2049 if you're into that type of movie. However, if Wonder Woman doesn't work then none of them should. Thanks for checking for us.
My Blade Runner 2049 4K did port from iTunes to Vudu as UHD so I'll also check that on the X700 Vudu app.

Leon McKee
meles likes this.

LR: XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | UBP-X700 | URC MX-890 | SoundTouch 300 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
MBR: KDL-65W850A | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | URC MX-890 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
4K HDR/DV Chains: ATV4K/UBP-X700>3ft Monoprice Certified Premium Cables>65X930E
Computing, Truck & Communication Devices: Proud Apple Customer Since 1979
leonmckee is online now  
post #44 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
leonmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I don't have wired in my bedroom but I can do that. I'm going to try with wireless 2.4 GHz to see if streaming 4K is handle well. If not I can put a network switcher in my bedroom and run ethernet.
gadgtfreek stated that with the wireless he hit 60mbps using the Netflix speed test so you should be good!

Leon McKee
mnc likes this.

LR: XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | UBP-X700 | URC MX-890 | SoundTouch 300 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
MBR: KDL-65W850A | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | URC MX-890 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
4K HDR/DV Chains: ATV4K/UBP-X700>3ft Monoprice Certified Premium Cables>65X930E
Computing, Truck & Communication Devices: Proud Apple Customer Since 1979
leonmckee is online now  
post #45 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,775
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 4707
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonmckee View Post
gadgtfreek stated that with the wireless he hit 60mbps using the Netflix speed test so you should be good!

Leon McKee
Well it took me $59 (2 x TP Link Gigabit Network switches + some Cat6 cables) to get wired network in my bedroom. Luckily my office is next to my bedroom and in my office is all my home network equipment so made a 3/4" hole on the wall between office and bedroom and ran the cat6 cable. Just waiting for the pair of TP-Link switches to arrive on Sunday. I just needed a push to finally do that

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
post #46 of 3391 Old 01-26-2018, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
leonmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 838
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by family_guy View Post
Blade Runner 2049 if you're into that type of movie. However, if Wonder Woman doesn't work then none of them should. Thanks for checking for us.
Edit: This post is about checking for HDR support in Vudu

Not good news...

However, I'm betting that HDR support is coming with the DV update. I'll let you know if anything changes

Leon McKee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0515.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	842.1 KB
ID:	2351502   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0514.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	722.8 KB
ID:	2351504   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0513.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	815.2 KB
ID:	2351506   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0509.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	898.4 KB
ID:	2351508   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0512.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	918.5 KB
ID:	2351510  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0510.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	800.2 KB
ID:	2351512  
aaronwt and family_guy like this.

LR: XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | UBP-X700 | URC MX-890 | SoundTouch 300 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
MBR: KDL-65W850A | ATV4K-64GB 5th Gen | URC MX-890 | Luminoodle Bias Lighting
4K HDR/DV Chains: ATV4K/UBP-X700>3ft Monoprice Certified Premium Cables>65X930E
Computing, Truck & Communication Devices: Proud Apple Customer Since 1979

Last edited by leonmckee; 02-01-2018 at 07:45 AM.
leonmckee is online now  
post #47 of 3391 Old 01-27-2018, 06:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I bought the X800 last year mainly for 4K HDR, Dolby Atmos and multichannel audio disc playback (SACD, Bluray Audio and DVD-A). It's been great. Now with my 930E finally getting Dolby Vision support my only streaming source for Dolby Vision is 930E Netflix built-in and the ATV 4K. So now looking for a disc player that supports DV. I notice Sony dropped support for DVD-A on the X700, which is a bummer. I still have an old OPPO for DVD-A. Although it's not available in Canada yet, BB doesn't show it online, I see the price of the X700 is higher than the X800? is it worth the upgrade?
Canuck Sonido is offline  
post #48 of 3391 Old 01-27-2018, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,234
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Sonido View Post
I bought the X800 last year mainly for 4K HDR, Dolby Atmos and multichannel audio disc playback (SACD, Bluray Audio and DVD-A). It's been great. Now with my 930E finally getting Dolby Vision support my only streaming source for Dolby Vision is 930E Netflix built-in and the ATV 4K. So now looking for a disc player that supports DV. I notice Sony dropped support for DVD-A on the X700, which is a bummer. I still have an old OPPO for DVD-A. Although it's not available in Canada yet, BB doesn't show it online, I see the price of the X700 is higher than the X800? is it worth the upgrade?
Id wait until it gets DV, liable to be cheaper at the time. Other than that, it is really no different that the X800.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
DP-UB420 / ATV4K (3) / PS Vue
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #49 of 3391 Old 01-27-2018, 07:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 104
hmmmm, very interesting, tempted to return my LG up970 for this.

LG OLED C6
Denon X4300h 5.1.4 setup
Sony UBP-X700 (no longer waiting for DV)
ian c 2 is offline  
post #50 of 3391 Old 01-27-2018, 07:40 AM
Member
 
neod192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Well, having any VUDU on this thing is a bonus! I didn't see VUDU listed as one of the streaming apps on Best Buy, Amazon or Sony's site. Did I miss it?

What audio tracks do you get from VUDU? I installed the 4k VUDU app on the 940E, but it only sends out a stereo track. The original VUDU app on the TV can do DD+ (via ARC).

Also, can you use the A1E remote to control the x700?
neod192 is offline  
post #51 of 3391 Old 01-27-2018, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,775
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 4707
I got the X700 this morning. I love the form factor because it fits perfectly in my bedroom rack. Did the firmware update and it's running really well. As far I can tell, the only differences I found between the X700 and the X800 are the remote which I like the X800 better, no bluetooth on the X700 which is not a deal breaker for me and the "BD Audio MIX Setting" is gone so by default it sends Bitstream right out of the box. I'll be packing the X800 and bringing it back to BB this afternoon.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
post #52 of 3391 Old 01-27-2018, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,234
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6055
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I got the X700 this morning. I love the form factor because it fits perfectly in my bedroom rack. Did the firmware update and it's running really well. As far I can tell, the only differences I found between the X700 and the X800 are the remote which I like the X800 better, no bluetooth on the X700 which is not a deal breaker for me and the "BD Audio MIX Setting" is gone so by default it sends Bitstream right out of the box. I'll be packing the X800 and bringing it back to BB this afternoon.
Yeah, the arrows and button feel is not quite as good as the X800. For the price it will be a nice little HDR10 and DV player, along with some good streaming options.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
DP-UB420 / ATV4K (3) / PS Vue
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #53 of 3391 Old 01-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello All,

I recently purchased UBP-x700 and this is connected to Yamaha RXA-870 AVR. When I try to play the files from USB ( with bitstream out on), it is not sending the Dolby Atmos audio to AVR.

I am really confused. Can you please help ?

I can see that DD+ formats are bitstreaming okay.

Audio format is:
Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : TrueHD
Format profile : TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Duration : 1 h 52 min
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 5 616 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 8 229 kb/s
Channel(s) : Object Based / 8 channels
Channel positions : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : / 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 1 200.000 FPS (40 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossless
Stream size : 4.43 GiB (31%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
hemauk is offline  
post #54 of 3391 Old 01-27-2018, 05:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c 2 View Post
hmmmm, very interesting, tempted to return my LG up970 for this.
Thats what I did and I do no regret it. Just better in every way so far. More apps, little better picture quality I feel, lots of support for file types and it will actually get DV which the 970 has delayed for far to long.
theike likes this.
Kumate is offline  
post #55 of 3391 Old 01-27-2018, 08:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemauk View Post
Hello All,

I recently purchased UBP-x700 and this is connected to Yamaha RXA-870 AVR. When I try to play the files from USB ( with bitstream out on), it is not sending the Dolby Atmos audio to AVR.

I am really confused. Can you please help ?

I can see that DD+ formats are bitstreaming okay.

Audio format is:
Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : TrueHD
Format profile : TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Duration : 1 h 52 min
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 5 616 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 8 229 kb/s
Channel(s) : Object Based / 8 channels
Channel positions : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : / 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 1 200.000 FPS (40 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossless
Stream size : 4.43 GiB (31%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
can you be more specific? as to which type of media file/extensions you have tried?

take my experience with my current lg up970 for example, it won't play MKV files at all, IF the default/first audio track is TrueHD (TrueHD 7.1 or TrueHD + atmos); if the TrueHD track is in any other order (not first in line), then the MKV file WILL get played, but try switching to the trueHD audio track yields no sound (as if it doesn't know what to do with it). Otherwise, it plays MKV files containing all other audio formats just fine, including the atmos-counterpart DTS-X (huh). I then discovered that it plays TrueHD + Atmos, but in m2ts format, with no problem (it might play TrueHD in other container formats as well, but my experiment stopped there). So, after eliminating these variables, my conclusion with Up970 at least, is that it won't play TrueHD inside a MKV container, specifically.

You just have to be "scientific" about it, lol.

LG OLED C6
Denon X4300h 5.1.4 setup
Sony UBP-X700 (no longer waiting for DV)
ian c 2 is offline  
post #56 of 3391 Old 01-28-2018, 11:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 104
does any of the internal app in X700: youtube, netflix, amazon, vudu support Atmos/DTS-X? lossy? lossless?

LG OLED C6
Denon X4300h 5.1.4 setup
Sony UBP-X700 (no longer waiting for DV)
ian c 2 is offline  
post #57 of 3391 Old 01-28-2018, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,775
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3837 Post(s)
Liked: 4707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c 2 View Post
does any of the internal app in X700: youtube, netflix, amazon, vudu support Atmos/DTS-X? lossy? lossless?
VUDU does support Atmos. If I recall Netflix support Atmos only with XBOX One S and X

BTW, to get Atmos bitstream decoded by your receiver when using streaming services like VUDU, Netflix or Prime Video, you have to go on the X700 to Setup/Audio Settings/Digital Music Enhancer and turn it OFF. If it's ON you won't get Atmos signal in your receiver and it will show Dolby Digital only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5643.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	2352582  

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
post #58 of 3391 Old 01-29-2018, 02:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
VUDU does support Atmos. If I recall Netflix support Atmos only with XBOX One S and X

BTW, to get Atmos bitstream decoded by your receiver when using streaming services like VUDU, Netflix or Prime Video, you have to go on the X700 to Setup/Audio Settings/Digital Music Enhancer and turn it OFF. If it's ON you won't get Atmos signal in your receiver and it will show Dolby Digital only.
I'm having the same issue. None of the Apps seem to be working with atmos (I don't have vudu account..can't test). Netflix only 5.1 and Youtube I can't even get it to do 5.1. Am I missing a setting for youtube? Hoping these get updated in the future...Atmos support at this point needs to be a priority for people watching movies like Bright or the Marvel shows on netflix. Anyone know if it's in the works?
Kumate is offline  
post #59 of 3391 Old 01-29-2018, 09:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
VUDU does support Atmos. If I recall Netflix support Atmos only with XBOX One S and X

BTW, to get Atmos bitstream decoded by your receiver when using streaming services like VUDU, Netflix or Prime Video, you have to go on the X700 to Setup/Audio Settings/Digital Music Enhancer and turn it OFF. If it's ON you won't get Atmos signal in your receiver and it will show Dolby Digital only.
thanks, sounds like already more useful than my current UP970, just placed an order from BB, interesting how it will arrive at my doorstep earlier with 2-day shipping than for me to pick it up in store (5 days).

LG OLED C6
Denon X4300h 5.1.4 setup
Sony UBP-X700 (no longer waiting for DV)
ian c 2 is offline  
post #60 of 3391 Old 01-29-2018, 09:51 AM
Member
 
neod192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c 2 View Post
thanks, sounds like already more useful than my current UP970, just placed an order from BB, interesting how it will arrive at my doorstep earlier with 2-day shipping than for me to pick it up in store (5 days).
Congrats! I'm guessing direct shipping to you is faster because when they ship it to the store they use their trucks with pre-set routes / schedules.
neod192 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
bluray , hdmi , soundbar

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off