Oppo to stop production? This is not a joke. - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11054Likes

post #61 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
In case nobody else has figured it out: NOW is the time to buy a player from Oppo, or 3 or 4, and leave it in the box for a couple years. Resale values are about to go nuts.

Don't be ridiculous. In a years time they will be obsolete. Just like any other piece of av equipment.

They built a quality product with amazing 2 channel options.

The Panasonics put out, at worst, a comparable 4k blu ray picture. If not superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spizz, Nugget, HowardV and 13 others like this.

Marantz SR7010 - Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 3 - SeymourAV 16:9 Premier 130" XD - JVC DLA-RS540 - 7.2.4 - L/C/R DIY Fusion 15 Sentinel - Surrounds RSL CG3 - Ceiling Polk RC80i - Dual UM-18s in sealed 4 cu ft with bridged Crown XLS 2002s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Sad to hear this news. I’m tempted to pick up the 203 as I love the 103d for the Blu-ray enhancements.

Do the two models share IR codes and do you know if there would be a conflict in operating both?
post #63 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Oppo could have easily charged double for their players, especially something like the 105, and 205. I am also surprised that they just didn't sell it off...

If they could. They would have. And would most likely not be shutting down if their revenues were double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marantz SR7010 - Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 3 - SeymourAV 16:9 Premier 130" XD - JVC DLA-RS540 - 7.2.4 - L/C/R DIY Fusion 15 Sentinel - Surrounds RSL CG3 - Ceiling Polk RC80i - Dual UM-18s in sealed 4 cu ft with bridged Crown XLS 2002s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:31 PM
The Ultimate chest punch!

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked: 2075
Hate to say it, but the writing was on the wall when they took a pass on including any apps. I do love my 203. But without apps it's the least used device in the lineup. Sad news in a shrinking market of high quality A/V products.
Spizz, G-Rex, dwaleke and 3 others like this.

AdamG, ...out!
The government cannot give to anybody,
anything that the government does not first,
take from somebody else.
post #65 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
So now we only have cheapo players made of plastic for our UHD discs? lol
mickboy and qwank like this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #66 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:33 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 4609 Post(s)
Liked: 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster Matt View Post
Sad to hear this news. I’m tempted to pick up the 203 as I love the 103d for the Blu-ray enhancements.

Do the two models share IR codes and do you know if there would be a conflict in operating both?
The remote supports 3 code sets. There is a switch in the battery compartment and a corresponding setting in Setup. So you can have three players and they will not conflict.

More details in the manual.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #67 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Pioneer makes best display and closes up shop,Oppo makes best players and goes away. What are we left with?

Matt
post #68 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 138
This is awesome news! Death to false gods - that's what these things have become due to the Kool-Aid drinking cult following. These players were awesome at the advent of the Blu-Ray era. However, over the past couple of years the feature and quality gap was closing between Oppo and the mass market name brands and Oppo was trying to get by on their name, alone, yet continuing with unreasonable high pricing. As was noted, people have moved to streaming, which I think is a silly and lazy thing that only people who aren't serious about home AV do. The happy medium, as a lot of us do, including myself, is buy the disc and rip it to our NAS. We have no need to eject discs and select titles from a shelf. I HEVC all my discs at 1/4 the size that it would be on the disc and the quality is good enough for me and nobody could tell the difference when watching in my theater set-up. That means that streamers AND NAS folks like me don't need overpriced players like Oppos. That only leaves the 1% of folks who falsely think that Oppo is still a significant cut above the rest and still use physical media - aka, the baby-boomers of AVSForum. (and I say this as a non-millennial).

For those who think these are going to be collectible items and are stocking up, please think again. 4K/UHD is in the beginning of its lifecycle, so these players are going to be effectively feature blocked at 2017 tech levels. It's like buying the last DVD only player that will be made thinking it will be worth something in the future - nobody will care for it - even the cheapest Blu-Ray player will play that DVD. The analogy that would work for the collectors is if you had the last high end 8-head VCR made and the demand was there to watch VHS tapes (that were never converted to digital or were ever issued in digital form) at the highest possible level. Then, perhaps your VCR would maintain or increase in value. In contrast, your latest Oppo will be surpassed within a year by even the cheapest LG player, especially when the new HDMI standards are implement in new consumer hardware. And no, the fact that your Oppo has a non-plastic case and has heft to it does not justify its pricetag so, please don't come back with that argument.

Last edited by theaterofpain; 04-02-2018 at 05:44 PM.
post #69 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:41 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 4609 Post(s)
Liked: 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Pioneer makes best display and closes up shop,Oppo makes best players and goes away. What are we left with?
"...the flames of the tripods expired. And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all."

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #70 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa247 View Post
I'm also shocked and disappointed about this news. The BDP-83 was my first Blu-ray player. I currently still use a BDP-103 and was considering upgrading to a UDP-203 in the near future.
My 83 still makes great stereo analog out music. Had to have the tray fixed once, but we're still running strong these days.

I was too leary of the fixes, bugs, etc. to jump on the 203. Though I suspect many would say no more than other brands. My time on the forum here made me stay with the Panny UB900 and have my JVC projector calibrated by Chadb for HDR.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
post #71 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Quoted: 3766 Post(s)
Liked: 4596
I got my Oppo 203 just 30 days ago from Crutchfield so still have 30 days to return mine for a full refund. Having experienced the lack of support for TIDAL app and MediaPlayer app on the 105D since 2015, I don't see how an out of business company like Oppo can keep updating their players. Most likely I'm going to be returning mine in a few days. BTW, these news were posted in another thread a few weeks ago regarding Cambridge Audio stopping production of their CXUHD (203 clone) because Oppo was going out of business. Of course, nobody believed the OP.
Paul.R.S and sutton8 like this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #72 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9078 Post(s)
Liked: 16013
Anyone else here thinking it's time for a HTPC renaissance?
tim99, mobius, mikela and 15 others like this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #73 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 460
I went ahead and initiated a return. Amazon say fowading to oppo.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
SuperFist likes this.

Family Room
LG OLED65C6P, Denon AVRX2400H, Oppo 203, XBOX One S

Bedroom
TCL 55R615, Samsung UBD-K8500
post #74 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1310 Post(s)
Liked: 1538
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaterofpain View Post
This is awesome news! Death to false gods - that's what these things have become due to the Kool-Aid drinking cult following. These players were awesome at the advent of the Blu-Ray era. However, over the past couple of years the feature and quality gap was closing between Oppo and the mass market name brands and Oppo was trying to get by on their name, alone, yet continuing with unreasonable high pricing. As was noted, people have moved to streaming, which I think is a silly and lazy thing that only people who aren't serious about home AV do. The happy medium, as a lot of us do, including myself, is buy the disc and rip it to our NAS. We have no need to eject discs and select titles from a shelf. I HEVC all my discs at 1/4 the size that it would be on the disc and the quality is good enough for me and nobody could tell the difference when watching in my theater set-up. That means that streamers AND NAS folks like me don't need overpriced players like Oppos. That only leaves the 1% of folks who falsely think that Oppo is still a significant cut above the rest and still use physical media - aka, the baby-boomers of AVSForum. (and I say this as a non-millennial).

For those who think these are going to be collectible items and are stocking up, please think again. 4K/UHD is in the beginning of its lifecycle, so these players are going to be effectively feature blocked at 2017 tech levels. It's like buying the last DVD only player that will be made thinking it will be worth something in the future - nobody will care for it - even the cheapest Blu-Ray player will play that DVD. The analogy that would work for the collectors is if you had the last high end 8-head VCR made and the demand was there to watch VHS tapes (that were never converted to digital or were ever issued in digital form) at the highest possible level. Then, perhaps your VCR would maintain or increase in value. In contrast, your latest Oppo will be surpassed within a year by even the cheapest LG player, especially when the new HDMI standards are implement in new consumer hardware. And no, the fact that your Oppo has a non-plastic case and has heft to it does not justify its pricetag so, please don't come back with that argument.
There will be no argument, since no one on this thread really cares about what you are rambling about lol.
Spizz, Schwa, Tom Bley and 47 others like this.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #75 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
what a shame.
i've had Oppo prods for 10 years.
I use mine as a universal audio music player, hardly play movies on it.
Mine is on 8 hours a day every day. Never had any problems with the 83 or my current 103.
Nothing comes close for the price.
what the heck am i going to do to play SACD's and DVD-A's now, switch to Cambridge I guess?
Riot Nrrrd and nameless33 like this.
post #76 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaterofpain View Post
For those who think these are going to be collectible items and are stocking up, please think again. 4K/UHD is in the beginning of its lifecycle, so these players are going to be effectively feature blocked at 2017 tech levels. It's like buying the last DVD only player that will be made thinking it will be worth something in the future - nobody will care for it - even the cheapest Blu-Ray player will play that DVD. The analogy that would work for the collectors is if you had the last high end 8-head VCR made and the demand was there to watch VHS tapes (that were never converted to digital or were ever issued in digital form) at the highest possible level. Then, perhaps your VCR would maintain or increase in value. In contrast, your latest Oppo will be surpassed within a year by even the cheapest LG player, especially when the new HDMI standards are implement in new consumer hardware. And no, the fact that your Oppo has a non-plastic case and has heft to it does not justify its price tag so, please don't come back with that argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
There will be no argument, since no one on this thread really cares about what you are rambling about lol.
Hey, I'm glad theaterofpain posted that rant. Now I know next year's "cheapest LG player" will play all the SACDs and DVD-As that the Oppo players can!
rpitz, N8DOGG, mickboy and 2 others like this.
post #77 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Reasons for failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I got my Oppo 203 just 30 days ago from Crutchfield so still have 30 days to return mine for a full refund. Having experienced the lack of support for TIDAL app and MediaPlayer app on the 105D since 2015, I don't see how an out of business company like Oppo can keep updating their players. Most likely I'm going to be returning mine in a few days. BTW, these news were posted in another thread a few weeks ago regarding Cambridge Audio stopping production of their CXUHD (203 clone) because Oppo was going out of business. Of course, nobody believed the OP.

Reasons for failure:

An inability to develop quality software. (firmware) Each new model required 3 months or more to becomes stable. It appears OPPO was a hardware company not a software company. The ability to develop quality software is a requirement in today's world.

A lack of applications such as Netflix on 20X series. As is noted above, cheap devices have this support and yet OPPO was unable to provide it in the 20X series. This eliminated the OPPO units from consideration by many potential purchasers of the product.

Dumb designs: The Sonica DAC had A-to-D conversion on the home theater pass-thru; an amazingly stupid design. The Sonica DAC also offered only choice one choice in output filter and it wasn't linear phase. ESS provides lots of filter options so it would have been trivial to offer a choice.

Lack of a balanced receiver stage after the DAC to remove common mode distortion produced by the ESS DAC. OK.... so not many people realize this since no publication measures it.

Adoption of any form of MQA demonstrated real panic and bad decision making.

If you are within the return window, return the product. Faith is great, but not in electronics purchases.
post #78 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sworth View Post
Looks like Oppo will be gradually ceasing production. I hope they keep the firmware coming for my 203

post #79 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Streaming had nothing to do with this.

A quick look at Amazon and it all makes sense. We, the enthusiast, are a small fraction of the buying public. The normal guy (joe 6 pack) who knows nothing but price put Oppo out of business.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (8).png
Views:	464
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	2384130  

I've paid for my sins. We're even!
post #80 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1718 Post(s)
Liked: 1047
I am one of those that would not consider Oppo because of the lack of streaming. I mean this player is 400 bucks more than my UBP-X800 and it doesn't stream. Poor, poor decision.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #81 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguyca View Post
If you are within the return window, return the product. Faith is great, but not in electronics purchases.
I agree, they are dumping what is left and that will be it... Free support ..BS.. without cash flow it is over. RETURN WHILE YOU CAN.
kheiden, 1st Cav, dwaleke and 2 others like this.

post #82 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
I am one of those that would not consider Oppo because of the lack of streaming. I mean this player is 400 bucks more than my UBP-X800 and it doesn't stream. Poor, poor decision.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Most guys who own Oppos would never consider streaming. Best PQ and AQ is number one to us and NetFlix doesn't cut it. Sorry dude.

post #83 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
This is sad, and kind of scary for someone like me with a collection of 1000+ Blu-rays that took 10+ years to build.

The 103 is the best video/disc player I've ever had; nothing else is even remotely close.

It's weird because for the first time since 2011, vinyl actually outsold digital music in 2017. Maybe video streaming is just a phase and everyone will go back to physical movies in 10 years.
post #84 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6027
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post
Most guys who own Oppos would never consider streaming. Best PQ and AQ is number one to us and NetFlix doesn't cut it. Sorry dude.
LOL. You can do both. I own a 203 and an ATV4K. While I watch disc before stream, something like Altered Carbon in Dolby Vision is nothing to turn your nose up at.

And Oppo dropping streaming while being buggy did not help this win any favors this go around. You can buy a Sony at half the cost, enjoy UHD disc AND streaming, which was the posters point, and they were right.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
ATV4K (3) / PS Vue
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP

Last edited by gadgtfreek; 04-02-2018 at 06:29 PM.
post #85 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Quoted: 9078 Post(s)
Liked: 16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNine View Post
This is sad, and kind of scary for someone like me with a collection of 1000+ Blu-rays that took 10+ years to build.

The 103 is the best video/disc player I've ever had; nothing else is even remotely close.

It's weird because for the first time since 2011, vinyl actually outsold digital music in 2017. Maybe video streaming is just a phase and everyone will go back to physical movies in 10 years.
Vinyl outsold digital downloads but if you add streaming to the mix then, well, no competition and of course 2 seconds later it's time for Netflix analogies.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #86 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd View Post
Hey, I'm glad theaterofpain posted that rant. Now I know next year's "cheapest LG player" will play all the SACDs and DVD-As that the Oppo players can!
I guess two can play the sarcasm game - I don't know what this SACD thing is that you're referring to... oh wait, is it that format that was scientifically shown in 2007 to not be discernible by the average human ear in comparison to CD audio? The one that I bought about 30 discs of in the early 2000s and realized that we were all part of an "Emperor Wears no Clothes" scam. The one where it only made sense to buy if the music was originally recorded with discrete channels like live shows, but you could buy the corresponding DVD disc of and actually have video along with the music of the concert? The one that nobody cares about for over 10 years... ok, I think I'm starting to remember this SACD silliness you're talking about.
post #87 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfsdad1965 View Post
what the heck am i going to do to play SACD's and DVD-A's now, switch to Cambridge I guess?
Somewhere & sometime I recall that Cambridge players were made by the same Chinese company that makes Oppo players. Take a look at the rear panels -

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-...03-Images.aspx

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/cx/cxuhd

Cambridge doesn't have the 7.1 analog outs but the rest is identical. If Cambridge continues then it's likely Oppo's business problems aren't the OEM's. If Cambridge also drops production of UHD players, then it's probably the OEM.

Unless Cambridge stops too, there is a source of the "same" player. Although I have no idea how good their FW support is or have ever owned a product of theirs.

I am very glad I have both the 105 and the 205 but I hate the idea of having to buy a Sony UHD player just to have Dolby Vision playback on the A1E OLED I recently bought! I hope Panasonic is an option for the Sony DV issue IF Oppo can't economically pursue the DV/Sony fix. Keeping fingers crossed Oppo comes through.
Kev Greenhalgh likes this.

Steve
post #88 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked: 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Anyone else here thinking it's time for a HTPC renaissance?
There is a HTPC-based platform that seems to be successful, can be hardware and software upgradable, and has regular updates and timely product support. And leads the A/V industry in immersive audio. Unfortunately, their entry level product starts at about $16K.

On the video side, your choices are nothing like user-friendly and either cross into not-so-grey-zone illegal or limit you to very recent GPU/CPU platforms and balky software.

Then there’s Lumagen. I just hope they keep up their Radiance platform and firmware given that they’re effectively the only game in town for serious video processing.

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
HAA HT1 and HT2 Certification
post #89 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I liked that they didn't have all the crapware in them. What's wrong with having a player that just plays discs and nothing else? I can stream apps on my TV without having to turn on another device.

I just wish they were a couple hundred bucks less. Maybe I'll grab a 203 if they go on clearance somewhere.
muzz, Riot Nrrrd, 1st Cav and 7 others like this.
post #90 of 3307 Old 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked: 1309
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
Somewhere & sometime I recall that Cambridge players were made by the same Chinese company that makes Oppo players. Take a look at the rear panels -

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-...03-Images.aspx

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/cx/cxuhd

Cambridge doesn't have the 7.1 analog outs but the rest is identical. If Cambridge continues then it's likely Oppo's business problems aren't the OEM's. If Cambridge also drops production of UHD players, then it's probably the OEM.

Unless Cambridge stops too, there is a source of the "same" player. Although I have no idea how good their FW support is or have ever owned a product of theirs.

I am very glad I have both the 105 and the 205 but I hate the idea of having to buy a Sony UHD player just to have Dolby Vision playback on the A1E OLED I recently bought! I hope Panasonic is an option for the Sony DV issue IF Oppo can't economically pursue the DV/Sony fix. Keeping fingers crossed Oppo comes through.
Yup, that CXUHD sure looks like it has similar ancestry...

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
HAA HT1 and HT2 Certification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page