OFFICIAL LG UBK90/80 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 149Likes

post #811 of 819 Old 02-10-2020, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 271
I'm curious, does the 90 give any indication of the disk being played ie Dolby Vision, etc.?
I can't find and display of the video signal and I've looked through the 90's settings, my avr's info or the TV's settings/info...during playback
I've been trying to find this info during play back of 4k movies but nothing. The disk package states Dolby Vision and my TV does cover it and my avr is on pass through but nada.
Am I doing something wrong or looking in the wrong area or does it just not show?
The 90 is connected to the avr and I'm using the TV's earc to the avr's arc.
Thanks

TV: Sony XBR 65X950G, AVR: Marantz SR5011, Speakers: front/Paradigm Prestige 15B bookshelf, center/Paradigm Prestige 45C, surround/Paradigm Atom, sub/SVS SB3000, DVD: LG UBK 90 UHD DVD Player, Media Player: Zidoo Z9S, Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 819 Old 02-10-2020, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
I'm curious, does the 90 give any indication of the disk being played ie Dolby Vision, etc.?
I can't find and display of the video signal and I've looked through the 90's settings, my avr's info or the TV's settings/info...during playback
I've been trying to find this info during play back of 4k movies but nothing. The disk package states Dolby Vision and my TV does cover it and my avr is on pass through but nada.
Am I doing something wrong or looking in the wrong area or does it just not show?
The 90 is connected to the avr and I'm using the TV's earc to the avr's arc.
Thanks
What AVR and TV are you using?
post #813 of 819 Old 02-10-2020, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svttom01 View Post
What AVR and TV are you using?
Marantz SR5011, Sony 65x950G

TV: Sony XBR 65X950G, AVR: Marantz SR5011, Speakers: front/Paradigm Prestige 15B bookshelf, center/Paradigm Prestige 45C, surround/Paradigm Atom, sub/SVS SB3000, DVD: LG UBK 90 UHD DVD Player, Media Player: Zidoo Z9S, Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #814 of 819 Old 02-10-2020, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Need some help with disply info LG UBK90

One, of the few, good things about working 12 hour overnight shifts in a QC lab is time to read and I've read all 18 pages tonight lol.
I've learned a lot but still a few questions.

Is there still a problem with Dolby Vision and the Sony TV's...mine being a 65x950G. I ask this because when playing a 4k disk with DV I'm not able to get a display stating DV. My disk player is connected to my avr, Marantz sr5011 with the DV update, via HDMI. My TV is connected to the avr via the TV's Earc/hdmi to the avr's arc/hdmi and there are no problems at all as I use a Harmony remote to control them all.

When I use the "display" button on the TV's remote I get a video info display of 38..x.... but no indication of DV. Same when I use the "info" button via the avr's setup/video/hdmi/info
I spoke to a Sony person and they, spoke to two of them, said it was because the avr was the pass through point.
So to those that have their LG90 connected directly to the TV do you get display info stating DV, etc? Same question for those that use an avr as the pass through point and their avr passes DV.

Thanks

Last edited by Kai Winters; 02-11-2020 at 02:15 AM.
post #815 of 819 Old 02-11-2020, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Marantz SR5011, Sony 65x950G
The LG player is not compatible with the version of Dolby Vision used in Sony TVs. You must use a Sony or Panasonic player to get DV with Sony TVs.
post #816 of 819 Old 02-11-2020, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickpal View Post
The LG player is not compatible with the version of Dolby Vision used in Sony TVs. You must use a Sony or Panasonic player to get DV with Sony TVs.
That too is my understanding.

But if the PQ is still top notch it's good but I'm still considering upgrading to the Panasonic 820.

post #817 of 819 Old 02-12-2020, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Does ubk90 automatically upscale or this can be turned off? Thanks

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
post #818 of 819 Old 02-12-2020, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldventure View Post
Does ubk90 automatically upscale or this can be turned off? Thanks

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Upscaling is only turned off if you set the player's resolution to the same as the disc you're playing. But be careful what you wish for--it will output everything at 60 fps unless you specify the resolution to be auto. Because of this, I set it to auto and let the player upscale everything. 2K and 4K Blu-rays will be at 24 fps, but DVDs are a bit of a mess. If you set output to 24 fps, they'll actually be sent as 30 fps, which causes its own judder mess. You have to manually set them to output in 60 fps. This is my experience with the 80, which I'm sure applies to the 90 which have the same hardware and software sans DV.
post #819 of 819 Old 02-16-2020, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I just bought a new 65" LG C9 this weekend.
I then find out that my Dolby Vision supported Xbox One X doesn't support DV via UHD Blu-Ray.

Seeing the LG UBKC90 at Costco, I thought I would give it a try.
The Dolby Vision works great but every disc I throw at it with Dolby Atmos only plays the Dolby TrueHD stream.

This is the same receiver that does Atmos on the Xbox (UHD), AppleTV+, etc.

Please tell me I am doing something wrong so I don't have to return this thing.

I just want a player that supports both DV and DA.

The audio setting is set to Auto, BTW.
Also, I just threw in a DTS:X BluRay and it decodes that correctly.
---
Never mind. I found out my HDMI output was set to not non multi channel which is odd since the AppleTV properly decodes it.
I am so relieved. I love the player so far.

Last edited by Doug Schiller; 02-16-2020 at 03:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
disable on screen display , firmware , lg ubk 90 , on screen pop ups , region , service menu , update

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page