OFFICIAL LG UBK90/80 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 157Likes

post #871 of 873 Old 05-16-2020, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3965 Post(s)
Liked: 2851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplehammer View Post
I have a UBK90 that I purchased late last year (not a UBKC90) and I took a picture of the screen that comes up after it detects a new update. I post this as evidence of previous and current version numbers on a recently purchased UBK90. After the update, the driver version has not changed and is still UP17SON0017, so the update only changed the SW version from BD39.338.80329.C to BD39.338.92129.C.

If you read a few posts back, I posted that according to LG, that's an update for the application, not a hardware update, so there are no changes in functionality.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 873 Old 05-24-2020, 06:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalo Caceres Pineyrua View Post
Hi, everybody. I bought this BD player in the USA and brought it to my country in Uruguay. In origin is a 110/120V compatible, so I also bought a voltage converter to use it in my country that suplies 220/240V The converter is a high quality item of 85w max power admited.

When the BD player is working, every 15 seconds in average has an annoying brief blink of image and sound, sometimes is so long that TV displays the "verify connection" message. Even without playing a disk, the simple menu has this issue. My TV is an LG 4k 43" so there should not be any compatibility issue, I also use a high quality HDMI cable.

I also updated the firmware, but problem persists.

Maybe my BD player is deffective?

Any suggestion?

Thanks to all.
I would re-initialize the hdmi handshake, power down all devices, disconnected hdmi cable, disconnect devices from power, wait a few minutes for capacitors to discharge plug power back in on devices, turn on devices, and then one at a time plug in hdmi cables. I also have had some hit and miss luck with "high end cables" you should be looking for certified high speed cables or try Belkin 48mbps hdmi cables that ATV recommends gets used. I have 3 of the cables and have had 0 problems since purchasing them.
post #873 of 873 Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1926 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Does this player have color space options in settings?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
disable on screen display , firmware , lg ubk 90 , on screen pop ups , region , service menu , update

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page