Official Panasonic DP-UB820/824 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 160 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4821Likes

post #4771 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1059 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolmsted View Post
I'm trying to get my DP-UB820 working with my Denon AVR-4310CI and my Samsung KS8000 TV. I have the video going to the TV no problem, but when I try to hear the audio through the HDMI out to the AVR I get nothing.

I have checked and I have Auto for the HDMI video and Audio Only for the HDMI audio. I confirmed the port is fine for the AVR as I swapped another device into that port and get audio as part of my troubleshooting.

I understood the point of the additional HDMI port was for this exact situation.

Any ideas what is going on?

I have the latest firmware and an odd annoyance is that the sub menus exit you without doing anything and you can't change things easily or you think you did it and can't. I think this is a bug with this firmware. (I think it is 1.55 IIRC, so perhaps I can downgrade?)

Maybe I have to call Panasonic Canada on Monday.

I only noticed this when I unplugged the optical cable from the TV going to the AVR on my "TV" input set to optical 1 on the AVR and then no audio on HDMI1.

Not really getting much help from this document.
http://eng-ca.faq.panasonic.com/app/...ail/a_id/43497
http://eng-ca.faq.panasonic.com/app/...7937/related/1

Help would be gladly appreciated. Bought box around mid-May so my 30 days be close but perhaps they will do something considering I've only played with the player briefly to check out video but this is weird.
By any chance are you using ARC/eARC between your Denon AVR and Samsung display? This has been known to cause other audio streaming issues from the UB820/9000.

JVC NX7, Yamaha RX-A3080 (7.2.4 speaker layouts: Dolby Atmos & DTS:X), Panasonic UB820, Oppo 103D, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, TiVo Bolt Vox, Vandersteen Model 3 Signatures & VCC-1 Signature, SVS SB-2000 (2), Clark Synthesis Tactile Bass Transducers (2), Polk PSW-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4772 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I believe on the Samsung, the ARC/eARC is on the HDMI4 which I'm not using. I have also disabled CEC on all the the devices and use my Harmony remote to turn the devices to the specified inputs.

I just tried a Microprocessor reset on my AVR and resetup all the inputs. I cannot get an audio except if the optical from the TV is being fed to the AVR; but what's weird is that if I try turning the volume up on the TV there's no audio so it seems like Video/Audio goes from the player to the TV, the audio goes via the optical link to the receiver and I get audio input to the receiver but if I go player to receiver on HDMI I get no audio and do a source selection to TV where optical input is I get sound.
post #4773 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 07:35 AM

also not sure why I'm experiencing weird problems with the menus exiting out - seems like a bug - like the menu times out and goes back even though I just went into the menu seconds before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4774 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
I believe on the Samsung, the ARC/eARC is on the HDMI4 which I'm not using. I have also disabled CEC on all the the devices and use my Harmony remote to turn the devices to the specified inputs.

I just tried a Microprocessor reset on my AVR and resetup all the inputs. I cannot get an audio except if the optical from the TV is being fed to the AVR; but what's weird is that if I try turning the volume up on the TV there's no audio so it seems like Video/Audio goes from the player to the TV, the audio goes via the optical link to the receiver and I get audio input to the receiver but if I go player to receiver on HDMI I get no audio and do a source selection to TV where optical input is I get sound.
I have the same issue with my Marantz AV7702. I have the Panny going directly to the projector and sound to the Pre/Processor. I have the processor also connected to the projector. To get sound from the Panny, I have to disconnect the HDMI from the Pre/Processor to the projector. When it is disconnected, the sound from the Panny comes through. I cannot figure out why either. I have to do this every time. PIA.
post #4775 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 09:17 AM
Pip
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post

You are the only person I have heard having Gamma D issues on the 820. In fact, that was one of the reasons I bought one and I sold my HD Fury shortly afterward. I wonder why this is happening, it would be quite ironic if it was indeed an HDMI cable issue....
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Yes, Netflix in HDR output mode works with the Optimizer...If you set the HDR Display Type in the UB820 to Projector (500 nits), the Optimizer will tone map and modify MaxDML and MaxCLL to 500....The same results are obtained from Amazon....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
I don't know about the UB820, but with the ATV4K playing HDR (labelled as Dolby Vision) on Netflix that is a known issue.
Guys: Thanks so much for all your help. I have figured out the switching back to Gamma D problem with Netflix. It actually wasn't happening spontaneously. It happens if I change an Otimizer setting or toggle it on or off. If I leave the optimizer set to a fixed position, the JVC leaves the gamma, once I switch out of Gamma D.

I still have some things about which I'm confused though:

1.When playing a UHD disc with the 820 set to SDR/2020, I see a "Dynamic Range Conversion" banner; the JVC is only showing 8bit color, and when pressing the HDR Settings button, I don't have full access to all the HDR settings. I can't choose display type, or the environment settings: "Standard, Bright", etc. I can turn the Optimizer on or off through Options menu, or by holding the HDR Settings button, but I lose the full array of HDR options. Is this correct, or do I have something set wrong?

2.When streaming HDR (the 820 set to HDR/2020), the JVC input info is showing Deep Color greyed out with no bit info at all. Is this correct?

3.With a UHD disc or Netflix HDR, in every scene I have watched on the JVC, toggling the optimizer makes only the subtlest of differences. Is this normal?

4. and finally, the settings below the Optimzer: I'm assuming luminance, color, bandwidth and NR should be left at default, but what about the "Dynamic Range Adjustment"? With the JVC should that be left at default, or are there good reasons to adjust?

Thanks you so much,

Pip
post #4776 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked: 1681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
4. and finally, the settings below the Optimzer: I'm assuming luminance, color, bandwidth and NR should be left at default, but what about the "Dynamic Range Adjustment"? With the JVC should that be left at default, or are there good reasons to adjust?
Unlike custom curves, the UB820 does not know the luminance you’re getting on your screen, so you will need to use the Dynamic Range Adjustment control to adjust the overall brightness.
post #4777 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrebello View Post
I have the same issue with my Marantz AV7702. I have the Panny going directly to the projector and sound to the Pre/Processor. I have the processor also connected to the projector. To get sound from the Panny, I have to disconnect the HDMI from the Pre/Processor to the projector. When it is disconnected, the sound from the Panny comes through. I cannot figure out why either. I have to do this every time. PIA.
I'm wondering if it is due to my receiver being HDMI 1.3a or something like that although I'm only dumping audio to it not video.

Perhaps ARC will actually be a solution for me if end up going Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Samsung KS8000 -> Denon AVR-4310 to pick up the audio via ARC for now (as much as one of the previous posters said it could be the source of the problem) but it means I use up my 4th port on my TV for now. I currently have AVR->TV on HDMI1, Oppo 103 -> TV on HDMI2, Panasonic 820 -> TV on HDMI3 and then would have to go TV -> AVR on HDMI4

My plan was to upgrade to an HDMI2.1 based receiver in 2020 such as Denon AVR-X4600H by that time (and a BestBuy gift card burning to use on it) since the AVR will be the workhorse for a while and that would free up TV ports.

So do you have a useable solution as you say PIA? I only got this in the last month from Panasonic Canada directly so I will be asking on Monday if I don't have a solution by then and maybe asking for a refund as it doesn't work as advertised
post #4778 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 11:59 AM

Angry

Quote:
I'm wondering if it is due to my receiver being HDMI 1.3a or something like that although I'm only dumping audio to it not video.

Perhaps ARC will actually be a solution for me if end up going Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Samsung KS8000 -> Denon AVR-4310 to pick up the audio via ARC for now (as much as one of the previous posters said it could be the source of the problem) but it means I use up my 4th port on my TV for now. I currently have AVR->TV on HDMI1, Oppo 103 -> TV on HDMI2, Panasonic 820 -> TV on HDMI3 and then would have to go TV -> AVR on HDMI4

My plan was to upgrade to an HDMI2.1 based receiver in 2020 such as Denon AVR-X4600H by that time (and a BestBuy gift card burning to use on it) since the AVR will be the workhorse for a while and that would free up TV ports.

So do you have a useable solution as you say PIA? I only got this in the last month from Panasonic Canada directly so I will be asking on Monday if I don't have a solution by then and maybe asking for a refund as it doesn't work as advertised

looks like my AVR doesn't support ARC/eARC it seems as I looked online and saw a video describing plugging into the monitor port labelled ARC. The audio directly from the Panasonic player to the AVR should be working though as it should be able to decode DTS-HD, Dolby HD audio, etc. Perhaps they are not supporting the HDMI1.3a chipset.

Damn, I have to buy a new receiver to truly take advantage of this player perhaps but was going to wait for a HDMI2.1 receiver for more future proofing. I guess I can live with using the optical from the TV to the receiver for now and change my harmony program to use this input but I want to get an answer from Panasonic or someone on this forum before I rule this out.
post #4779 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Anyone what would cause no audio in the Netflix app? Sound works everywhere else even Amazon. It was working the other day but apparently stopped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4780 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenoran View Post
Anyone what would cause no audio in the Netflix app? Sound works everywhere else even Amazon. It was working the other day but apparently stopped?

I don’t get audio in Netflix either Let me check amazon or the other apps along with BluRays

post #4781 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

Sorry. PIA - Pain in the A#$. I have not found a solution other than to unplug the line from the Pre/Procesoor to the projector when watching the UB820.
post #4782 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 07:18 PM

Talking

I'm not sure if this will help any of the other posters up to this point but I found my solution where I'm doing the following:

Panasonic DP-UB820 (HDMI Audio Out) ------> Denon AVR4310CI (HDMI3)
Panasonic DP-UB820 (HDMI Video Out) ------> Samsung KS8000 (HDMI3 - no ARC port (would be HDMI4 but my receiver doesn't have ARC support)

Wait for it............

......Disable VIERA Link (a form of HDMI-CEC) on the Panasonic DP-UB820 (and I turned off HDMI-CEC on the Samsung KS8000 as well (I think it was off originally))

The Panasonic DP-UB820 user manual actually states this (I'm the type that hardly reads manuals but started to read because of this and came across this):

On Page 11:
≥ The HDMI AUDIO OUT terminal is not compatible with 4K output and the VIERA Link (> 25)

which refers to page 25 that didn't have much, but the instructions are on page 34:

System --> Display Settings --> Viera Link --> OFF

≥VIERA Link
Set to use “VIERA Link” function when
connected via HDMI cable to a device that
supports “VIERA Link”.
≥ Select “Off” when you do not want to use
“VIERA Link”

Perhaps my Samsung KS8000 TV supports VIERA Link (HDMI-CEC) but my Denon AVR4310CI likely doesn't. Maybe I'll buy a new AVR with HDMI 2.1 once I make the jump to buy a 4K faux or real projector as part of my dream for a home theatre not just a TV in my basement as part of our goal of finishing our basement and I can put active HDMI cables in the ceiling, etc.

This likely is the same issue with Netflix and other apps on the player that people mentioned above in the thread but that doesn't make sense that some people reported that Amazon worked but not Netflix but I'd likely use something else for the apps.

Hope this helps out other people

Panasonic should really put this in the FAQ and highlight this. Also the software should prevent HDMI Audio out from being activated if VIERA Link is enabled or at least put up a warning about this before you turn on either option (HDMI Audio OUT or VIERA Link).

Last edited by bolmsted; 06-16-2019 at 07:22 PM.
post #4783 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 35
My 820 is connected to my Yamaha RX-A 1080 Receiver with a proper 4K HDMI Cable, (receive 4K and HDR fine). Since I set it up in my movie room last month i keep having audio and video dropouts. At least 1 per movie. Happens on Ultra HD Blu Rays and regular. Very annoying. I believe I have everything setup correctly. I'm using a 75" Samsung Q6FN. All the HDMI Control stuff, (CEC, etc...) is off on TV, Receiver and 820 but it is hooked into the ARC HDMI Slot of the receiver. Anyone else have audio/video dropouts on their 820?
post #4784 of 5118 Old 06-16-2019, 09:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
Liked: 1506
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post
My 820 is connected to my Yamaha RX-A 1080 Receiver with a proper 4K HDMI Cable, (receive 4K and HDR fine). Since I set it up in my movie room last month i keep having audio and video dropouts. At least 1 per movie. Happens on Ultra HD Blu Rays and regular. Very annoying. I believe I have everything setup correctly. I'm using a 75" Samsung Q6FN. All the HDMI Control stuff, (CEC, etc...) is off on TV, Receiver and 820 but it is hooked into the ARC HDMI Slot of the receiver. Anyone else have audio/video dropouts on their 820?
Nice gear.

I get no dropouts. Are you using certified premium cables? You need not spend a fortune on them (Monoprice, Mediabridge, others). It might be worth the purchase, as an experiment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Certfied_premium_HDMI.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	2580990  
post #4785 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 05:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Hey guys! I am new to this forum as I recently purchased an 820 while replacing my Oppo 203. I was wondering if anyone had the recommended settings for an lg OLED C8? Thanks!!
post #4786 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 2214 Post(s)
Liked: 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
Hey guys! I am new to this forum as I recently purchased an 820 while replacing my Oppo 203. I was wondering if anyone had the recommended settings for an lg OLED C8? Thanks!!
With your C8 that has Dynamic Tone Mapping I don't think you will see much difference using the UB820 instead of the Oppo.

Since you have the UB820 you may as well try its primary feature, the HDR Optimizer.

In HDMI settings,

Set 4K60 Output to 4K60 4:4:4 so you can watch Netflix HDR.
Set HDR Display Type to OLED.

When playing an HDR10 disc, press the HDR button on the remote. It will bring up a menu where you turn the Optimizer ON (or OFF).

The Optimizer will tone map to 1000 nits. Your C8 will see 1000 nit HDR content. I would still leave Dynamic Tone Mapping turned on in the C8.
bertk likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Vertex/Linker/Integral
post #4787 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 08:53 AM
Pip
Advanced Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Unlike custom curves, the UB820 does not know the luminance you’re getting on your screen, so you will need to use the Dynamic Range Adjustment control to adjust the overall brightness.
Thanks

Should I assume that the lowest brightness I find acceptable gives me the best HDR effect?

Pip
post #4788 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
Nice gear.

I get no dropouts. Are you using certified premium cables? You need not spend a fortune on them (Monoprice, Mediabridge, others). It might be worth the purchase, as an experiment.
I don't believe it's the cable. I didn't spend a ton of $ for it but it's an Audioquest 3ft Cinnamon HDMI Cable. One thing I did notice this morning after testing some movies out was on my PS4 when I play the 1st Star Trek Movie (2009), (Regular Blu Ray), it plays seamlessly into the Paramount Mountain Logo with the moving stars. On my 820 the video drops out for a second and abruptly starts on the Paramount Logo. It also says on the front 820 Display "High Clarity Sound On" when the disc starts. Firmware was updated last week. I've also noticed when the video/audio drops out the 820's front display still shows the movie time counting up. So the movie seems to be continually playing during the dropouts. I assume it's the blu ray player because I haven't noticed anything on my PS4 or Cable Box which are all connected to the receiver.
post #4789 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
I don't believe it's the cable. I didn't spend a ton of $ for it but it's an Audioquest 3ft Cinnamon HDMI Cable. One thing I did notice this morning after testing some movies out was on my PS4 when I play the 1st Star Trek Movie (2009), (Regular Blu Ray), it plays seamlessly into the Paramount Mountain Logo with the moving stars. On my 820 the video drops out for a second and abruptly starts on the Paramount Logo. It also says on the front 820 Display "High Clarity Sound On" when the disc starts. Firmware was updated last week. I've also noticed when the video/audio drops out the 820's front display still shows the movie time counting up. So the movie seems to be continually playing during the dropouts. I assume it's the blu ray player because I haven't noticed anything on my PS4 or Cable Box which are all connected to the receiver.
What cable connects receiver to TV?
post #4790 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
Quote:
Change out the Audioquest Cinnamon cables. They have been problematic with UHD players. DO a search through the Oppo thread. Once they were changed out, everything worked fine. I use both Monoprice and Mediabridge and have 0 issues with dropouts.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #4791 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'd hope that an $80 cable (Amazon price) could match a $10 certified one.

Maybe you need to swap ends; Audioquest claims that the cable is directional. (That's a little, er, unusual for a passive cable. I'm desperately trying to be polite, here.)

Do you get similar glitches on other discs? I've had good luck with my 820 so far, but others have claimed that other players (like a Sony X800) are more reliable with slightly defective discs.
post #4792 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
AudioQuest Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
Change out the Audioquest Cinnamon cables. They have been problematic with UHD players. DO a search through the Oppo thread. Once they were changed out, everything worked fine. I use both Monoprice and Mediabridge and have 0 issues with dropouts.

S~
As I stated above I have an AudioQuest Pearl Cable from Receiver to TV. Is that ok. Or should I change both? The Cinnamon is easy but the Pearl is in my wall.
post #4793 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
HDR2020. Do you think it's possible to significantly improve Gamma D with 820 Optimizer settings?
Gamma D sucks and you need to figure out what the real issue is (you should eventually at least load a premade curve but this is not the time since it isn’t the problem)

You are the only person I have heard having Gamma D issues on the 820. In fact, that was one of the reasons I bought one and I sold my HD Fury shortly afterward. I wonder why this is happening, it would be quite ironic if it was indeed an HDMI cable issue.

You said earlier your cable couldn’t do 4:4:4 so perhaps that’s an indication it is flaky with full bandwidth signals? I exclusively recommend this cable and I really wouldn’t screw around in this area. As soon as I went 4K my old “4K compatible” cable started causing issues. I replaced ALL my HDMI cables with the ones I recommended and haven’t had a single issue since. At least they are cheap. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]
Actually Monoprice makes that cable in the slimline version also which I find better only because that cable is too thick imo for making tighter turns where it doesn’t make a solid connection and can work itself out of the port! Same performance!

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos sound bar
post #4794 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 724
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
AudioQuest Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

S~
As I stated above I have an AudioQuest Pearl Cable from Receiver to TV. Is that ok. Or should I change both? The Cinnamon is easy but the Pearl is in my wall.
I would change them all out imo AQ is so overpriced and overrated it’s not even funny. Go with the monoprice ones or something else, you get the same performance.

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos sound bar
post #4795 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
AudioQuest Pearl

The Pearl seems to be very similar to the Cinnamon.

I'm surprised that those (relatively) expensive cables could be bad actors, but I'm unfamiliar with them. (I'm cheap.)

If you can do a temporary out-of-wall replacement for the Pearl, it may be worth a try.
post #4796 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
With your C8 that has Dynamic Tone Mapping I don't think you will see much difference using the UB820 instead of the Oppo.

Since you have the UB820 you may as well try its primary feature, the HDR Optimizer.

In HDMI settings,

When playing an HDR10 disc, press the HDR button on the remote. It will bring up a menu where you turn the Optimizer ON (or OFF).

The Optimizer will tone map to 1000 nits. Your C8 will see 1000 nit HDR content. I would still leave Dynamic Tone Mapping turned on in the C8.
Thanks for the help! I will try it tonight
post #4797 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
I would change them all out imo AQ is so overpriced and overrated it’s not even funny. Go with the monoprice ones or something else, you get the same performance.
I usually buy the cheaper cables. I don't buy into the Monster/AQ hoopla but my local Home Theater Shop gave me a discount on the Cinnamon and Pearl Cables because I was returning a scratched TV Stand and buying another. Long story short, I got three AQ cables for $35, total. I just ordered a 3ft Monoprice 4K Certified cable. I'll swap it out when it comes. Hopefully that does the trick.
The Pearl Cable I'll leave for now. The 820 is just sending the info to my receiver. Everything else works like it's supposed to.

Last edited by AncientAlien; 06-17-2019 at 06:51 PM.
post #4798 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 140
I’m going to order my 820 this week hope to have it by the weekend. I’m pretty excited

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DrMichael and Th601 like this.

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
post #4799 of 5118 Old 06-17-2019, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
Quote:

In HDMI settings,

I believe you turn off “ dynamic tone mapping” in the C8 when using the Panny HDR optimizer as recommended by Vincent of HDTVtest.
DrMichael likes this.

LG 77C9 OLED Theatre Room- LG 65EF9500 OLED Living Room
Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray Player - Denon X4500H AVR
Chord 2Qute DAC - Rogue RP-1 Pre Amp - Rogue Atlas Magnum II Tube Amp

Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Speakers--B&W HTM62 Center--Axiom QS4 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos Speaker Addons -- SVS PC-2000 SUBWOOFER

Last edited by al210; 06-17-2019 at 07:36 PM.
post #4800 of 5118 Old 06-18-2019, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Can somebody who owns this player please confirm if it can play Dolby Atmos tracks contained in mkv files?

And does this automatically recognize and switch to Dolby Vision?

Last edited by DarkSphere00; 06-18-2019 at 07:44 AM. Reason: I forgot to add a question, didn't want a separate post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page