Official Panasonic DP-UB820/824 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 225 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5305Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6721 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluesky636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,416
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardl View Post
No need to worry about that , my post only concern those who split A/V (picture) AND have the receiver also connected to a TV through HDMI and audio drop outs occur due to HDMI handshaking taking place.
Ok. I won't worry about it. However, the figure you included is not representative of your system as you described it.
bluesky636 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6722 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rickardl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 2,218
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 View Post
Ok. I won't worry about it. However, the figure you included is not representative of your system as you described it.
The picture is not intended to show my setup. It was only to show how to split Audio/Video from the 820's manual.
rickardl is offline  
post #6723 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluesky636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,416
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardl View Post
The picture is not intended to show my setup. It was only to show how to split Audio/Video from the 820's manual.
I already know how to split audio and video with the 820.
bluesky636 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6724 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 158
I've been watching Planet Earth 2 4K and it's the first disc I have ever had an issue with. It will be in HDR for the menus but when I start an episode, it loses HDR. I can fix it by switching to another input and back again. But it did it repeatedly when I was going through the episodes. I don't know if it's actually my player but I thought I would mention it. I checked all my cables and all that and they all seem fine. I tried other HDR discs and they played in HDR without issue. Could just be an issue with this particular set. (Both discs in the set did it.)
zeonstar is online now  
post #6725 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluesky636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,416
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
I've been watching Planet Earth 2 4K and it's the first disc I have ever had an issue with. It will be in HDR for the menus but when I start an episode, it loses HDR. I can fix it by switching to another input and back again. But it did it repeatedly when I was going through the episodes. I don't know if it's actually my player but I thought I would mention it. I checked all my cables and all that and they all seem fine. I tried other HDR discs and they played in HDR without issue. Could just be an issue with this particular set. (Both discs in the set did it.)
Other posters in this thread have noted that this disc has HDR issues.
bluesky636 is online now  
post #6726 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 View Post
Other posters in this thread have noted that this disc has HDR issues.
Thanks. Odd as this sounds, that is good to know. I wont bother trying to exchange the discs or anything. Luckily it's a problem I can work around.
zeonstar is online now  
post #6727 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 01:56 PM
Member
 
perzon57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Hello
I'm about to buy a 820.Can anybody tell me the difference between 820 and the 824?Can't find out on the net.

Regards
perzon57 is offline  
post #6728 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 02:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I’m taking a guess but U.S. version vs. European version ?

Home Theater System Denon X8500H, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, Polk RTi A1 Rear Heights, Polk 70RT Middle In-Ceiling, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, JVC DLA-RS1000, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, Panasonic UB9000, Dish Hopper 3
Phillihp23 is offline  
post #6729 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 02:58 PM
Member
 
perzon57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillihp23 View Post
I’m taking a guess but U.S. version vs. European version ?
Thanks for the replay,but both are for sale in Norway.
perzon57 is offline  
post #6730 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluesky636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,416
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by perzon57 View Post
Thanks for the replay,but both are for sale in Norway.
Google Panasonic UB824. I did and got a lot of hits. It appears to be a European zone B player. Did not see any real difference other than that.
bluesky636 is online now  
post #6731 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MOberhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,549
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
Liked: 803
I imaging the 824 would play region B blu rays (and possibly 220v), and the 820 region A and 110V
MOberhardt is online now  
post #6732 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluesky636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,416
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
I imaging the 824 would play region B blu rays (and possibly 220v), and the 820 region A and 110V
That's what I said.

USA line voltage hasn't been 110 VAC in decades.
bluesky636 is online now  
post #6733 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 7,768
Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5385 Post(s)
Liked: 7782
Quote:
Originally Posted by perzon57 View Post
Thanks for the replay,but both are for sale in Norway.
UK model, dp-ub820:
https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consume...0eb.specs.html

NL model, dp-ub824:
https://www.panasonic.com/nl/consume...824.specs.html

It wasn't easy, but I've found one difference. The 824 has something called a USB key-lock.

Both models are sold here in the UK too as proper European-spec Region B and 230V; the region zone is a red herring

HTH
perzon57 likes this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 01-13-2020 at 03:57 PM.
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #6734 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobknavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Danbury, CT, USA
Posts: 5,026
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2517 Post(s)
Liked: 1789
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 View Post
That's what I said.

USA line voltage hasn't been 110 VAC in decades.
People often still call it that, even if it's spec'd at 120VAC.
bobknavs is online now  
post #6735 of 6793 Old 01-13-2020, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluesky636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,416
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
People often still call it that, even if it's spec'd at 120VAC.
Not this people.
bluesky636 is online now  
post #6736 of 6793 Old 01-14-2020, 01:59 AM
Member
 
perzon57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Norway
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Thanks for the replays,and to mrtickleuk for the links.
perzon57 is offline  
post #6737 of 6793 Old 01-14-2020, 08:17 PM
Member
 
enzo631's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I was watching Kingsmen The Golden Circle last night and when I clicked the info button all of the HDR Metadata was showing 0 nits. Does that mean the HDR isn't working?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	2670158  
enzo631 is offline  
post #6738 of 6793 Old 01-14-2020, 09:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mostly in Fredworld
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo631 View Post
I was watching Kingsmen The Golden Circle last night and when I clicked the info button all of the HDR Metadata was showing 0 nits. Does that mean the HDR isn't working?

I'm sure someone will chime in with a more technical answer. That's not the only disc. There are a number of discs that will display 0 nits on that scereen. See this post/thread. Apparently, there are many variances with metadata which is why I adjusted my projector based on the 1000 nit patterns from the Spears & Munsil UHD Benchmark disc.

Panasonic DP-UB820, Marantz AV7704, Epson 5050UB, Stewart Firehawk 16x9 82"; Parasound Amplifiers: HCA 1000A, HCA 1206; Paradigm Speakers: Premier 800F (R/L), ADP-370 (SS), Premier 600C, Monitor v.4 (RB, LB), PW2100 v.2, Hsu sub VTF-2 Mk5; Power Condition: Adcom ACE 315 & 515, Tripplite HT7300PC & HTRL15UPS; Other Sources: Pioneer CLD-D606 & DVL-919, JVC HR-S9600U; Cable: Redmere Elite HDMI, Monster Mi.2S, Kimber Kable.
fredworld is offline  
post #6739 of 6793 Old 01-14-2020, 09:58 PM
Newbie
 
dM@n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Apologies if someone has already asked about this. I'm getting no video signal on the default auto setting for color mode when watching HDR10 Ultra HD Blu-rays and regular Blu-rays. Dolby Vision Ultra HD Blu-rays seem to work fine. I've already tried the following, but no go:
  • Eliminating the receiver and connecting directly to the TV
  • Changing HDMI ports on both the receiver and TV

However, when I changed the color mode to 'YCbCr (4:2:2)', everything works. No other settings were changed. I was wondering if this is normal and if I should even care about this. I would think that this would be unnecessary since the default auto setting would, in most cases, default to 4:2:2 (if I'm reading the setting's description correctly).

TV: Vizio PX75
Receiver: Denon AVR-X3500H
Cables: Monoprice Certified Premium (15ft from TV and 3ft from receiver)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200113_233357.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	780.1 KB
ID:	2670210  
[email protected] is offline  
post #6740 of 6793 Old 01-15-2020, 01:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mostly in Fredworld
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Apologies if someone has already asked about this. I'm getting no video signal on the default auto setting for color mode when watching HDR10 Ultra HD Blu-rays and regular Blu-rays. Dolby Vision Ultra HD Blu-rays seem to work fine. I've already tried the following, but no go:
  • Eliminating the receiver and connecting directly to the TV
  • Changing HDMI ports on both the receiver and TV

However, when I changed the color mode to 'YCbCr (4:2:2)', everything works. No other settings were changed. I was wondering if this is normal and if I should even care about this. I would think that this would be unnecessary since the default auto setting would, in most cases, default to 4:2:2 (if I'm reading the setting's description correctly).

TV: Vizio PX75
Receiver: Denon AVR-X3500H
Cables: Monoprice Certified Premium (15ft from TV and 3ft from receiver)
Have you tried these settings for HDR in your Vizio?
Alternatively, I believe that your Denon is based on the same platform as my Marantz. If your display, cables and devices support up to 4K/60P 4:4:4 then put your PAN 820 back into YCbCr 4:4:4, then try these settings in your Denon:
SetUp>Video>Video Output Settings> then set Video Mode to ON, Conversion to ON and i/p scaler OFF.
Also, I have my 25P/50P Output and HLG/PQ Conversion to ON.
I hope this helps.

Panasonic DP-UB820, Marantz AV7704, Epson 5050UB, Stewart Firehawk 16x9 82"; Parasound Amplifiers: HCA 1000A, HCA 1206; Paradigm Speakers: Premier 800F (R/L), ADP-370 (SS), Premier 600C, Monitor v.4 (RB, LB), PW2100 v.2, Hsu sub VTF-2 Mk5; Power Condition: Adcom ACE 315 & 515, Tripplite HT7300PC & HTRL15UPS; Other Sources: Pioneer CLD-D606 & DVL-919, JVC HR-S9600U; Cable: Redmere Elite HDMI, Monster Mi.2S, Kimber Kable.

Last edited by fredworld; 01-15-2020 at 01:17 AM.
fredworld is offline  
post #6741 of 6793 Old 01-15-2020, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
Morphx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Is there a list of streaming apps that can be installed?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Morphx2 is offline  
post #6742 of 6793 Old 01-15-2020, 03:13 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Problem showing .srt-files with 820

Good evening everyone,

Please forgive me if I ask something that has been brought up many times before, but 225 pages felt a little bit steep to go through.

I've just purchased a Panasonic 820, but notices that it won't show any .srt-subtitles.
Is that a known flaw in 820, or is it just me that needs to find the right setting?
When I watch a movie or a tv-series with .srt-subtitles, I go in under the subtitles menu, but it just says "off" and can't be altered.
My Oppo 203 had no problems with that, and neither does my current emergency player, a ~$99 Samsung.

This is somewhat of a dealbreaker for me, so I have less than a week to find out weather I need to return the 820 an find me another player, or not.
Grumme2 is offline  
post #6743 of 6793 Old 01-15-2020, 04:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mostly in Fredworld
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumme2 View Post
Good evening everyone,

Please forgive me if I ask something that has been brought up many times before, but 225 pages felt a little bit steep to go through.

I've just purchased a Panasonic 820, but notices that it won't show any .srt-subtitles.
Is that a known flaw in 820, or is it just me that needs to find the right setting?
When I watch a movie or a tv-series with .srt-subtitles, I go in under the subtitles menu, but it just says "off" and can't be altered.
My Oppo 203 had no problems with that, and neither does my current emergency player, a ~$99 Samsung.

This is somewhat of a dealbreaker for me, so I have less than a week to find out weather I need to return the 820 an find me another player, or not.

I'm limited as to how I can help as I don't use subtitles unless I'm watching a non-English language movie. However, on page 42 of the Pan820 manual there's a comment about .srt. Frankly, I don't know what it means. See pic attached.

OTOH, if you go to SetUp menu>Player Settings>ABC Language and select "other" there's the capability to scroll through digits. Perhaps there's a code to enter?

There are also Digital CC settings in the Closed Caption menu ranging from CC1 to CC6. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SRTsubtl.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	2670414  

Panasonic DP-UB820, Marantz AV7704, Epson 5050UB, Stewart Firehawk 16x9 82"; Parasound Amplifiers: HCA 1000A, HCA 1206; Paradigm Speakers: Premier 800F (R/L), ADP-370 (SS), Premier 600C, Monitor v.4 (RB, LB), PW2100 v.2, Hsu sub VTF-2 Mk5; Power Condition: Adcom ACE 315 & 515, Tripplite HT7300PC & HTRL15UPS; Other Sources: Pioneer CLD-D606 & DVL-919, JVC HR-S9600U; Cable: Redmere Elite HDMI, Monster Mi.2S, Kimber Kable.
fredworld is offline  
post #6744 of 6793 Old 01-15-2020, 04:31 PM
Newbie
 
dM@n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredworld View Post
Have you tried these settings for HDR in your Vizio?
Alternatively, I believe that your Denon is based on the same platform as my Marantz. If your display, cables and devices support up to 4K/60P 4:4:4 then put your PAN 820 back into YCbCr 4:4:4, then try these settings in your Denon:
SetUp>Video>Video Output Settings> then set Video Mode to ON, Conversion to ON and i/p scaler OFF.
Also, I have my 25P/50P Output and HLG/PQ Conversion to ON.
I hope this helps.
Thanks, man. Tried those settings and I actually followed rtings.com's recommendations on day 1. Unfortunately, the issue persists. I did notice that the issue occurs even without the receiver, so it's either the cable or the TV. However, I'd imagine that the cable should be fine considering that Dolby Vision and 4:2:2 12-bit has been working. Since I don't keep the TV connected to the Internet, I'll see if updating the firmware helps. It seems to have helped one guy in the P-Series Quantum X Owners's Thread with dropouts when using his UB820.

EDIT: Actually I was hoping to stay on the current firmware since people have been having HDR issues with the 2019 NVIDIA SHIELD on the latest firmware. Think I can probably survive on 4:2:2 12-bit for now.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-15-2020 at 04:37 PM.
[email protected] is offline  
post #6745 of 6793 Old 01-16-2020, 08:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

Does anyone know how to lock the Panasonic UB-820 to a 4K/24p/HDR resolution? The issue I'm having is that when I stream content from Netflix the player automatically set the resolution to 60fps which my projector cannot support at 4K in HDR. Therefore automatically switch to 1080p/60p/HDR. My projector only support 4K HDR up to 30fps.

It's annoying because on the Apple TV you can match frame and dynamic range and show Netflix shows at 24fps in 4K HDR.

On the Panasonic 820 I've set the resolution to either 4K or Auto with the option 24p output set to "Auto" but still when playing content from Netflix the player automatically switch to 60fps/HDR but lower the resolution to 1080p. As mentioned above my projector can only stream 4K in HDR at max 30fps...if it goes 4K at 60fps then cannot support HDR (It doesn't have a 18GB port).

I'm trying to test the HDR Optimizer on the Panasonic but if I cannot do it at 24fps in 4K then I'll return it.

Any help?

Thanks
Gisy is offline  
post #6746 of 6793 Old 01-17-2020, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,227
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2550 Post(s)
Liked: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisy View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know how to lock the Panasonic UB-820 to a 4K/24p/HDR resolution? The issue I'm having is that when I stream content from Netflix the player automatically set the resolution to 60fps which my projector cannot support at 4K in HDR. Therefore automatically switch to 1080p/60p/HDR. My projector only support 4K HDR up to 30fps.

It's annoying because on the Apple TV you can match frame and dynamic range and show Netflix shows at 24fps in 4K HDR.

On the Panasonic 820 I've set the resolution to either 4K or Auto with the option 24p output set to "Auto" but still when playing content from Netflix the player automatically switch to 60fps/HDR but lower the resolution to 1080p. As mentioned above my projector can only stream 4K in HDR at max 30fps...if it goes 4K at 60fps then cannot support HDR (It doesn't have a 18GB port).

I'm trying to test the HDR Optimizer on the Panasonic but if I cannot do it at 24fps in 4K then I'll return it.

Any help?

Thanks
You cannot get 4K24 from either Netflix or Amazon with the UB820.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
claw is offline  
post #6747 of 6793 Old 01-17-2020, 11:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Any rumors about 24p support from streaming apps for the Panasonic players? Afaik so far only the Samsung Players have a frame rate switching. Any idears why its not supported by the other brands like Panasonic?

Last edited by smett; 01-17-2020 at 11:45 AM.
smett is offline  
post #6748 of 6793 Old 01-17-2020, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 590
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 236
i watched Gemini Man, blu ray regular w/dolby atmos, on my ub820. Looked quite sharp and incredible! almost like a 4K disc!


the 4K disc has 60fps refresh playback; would be interesting to see that.

anyway, the blu ray with atmos looked and sounded impressive!
so so movie.
am2model3 is offline  
post #6749 of 6793 Old 01-17-2020, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
You cannot get 4K24 from either Netflix or Amazon with the UB820.
That's what I thought...the option 24p-->Auto works only with discs and not with Network Services like Netflix and Amazon. I've tried to ask a Panasonic customer service representative this morning but he wasn't very knowledgeable on the matter. It's a bummer because 99.99% of the movies are shot in 24p and it's weird that Panasonic would not switch the frame rate from content streamed from the internet to a lower rate.

I'll return the 820 since the whole purpose was to take advantage of the HDR Optimizer from streamed content but my projector can only do HDR up to 30fps...

I wish a standalone HDR Optimizer (not embedded into a blu-ray player) existed so you would used it with any sources like the Apple TV4K.

Thanks for your answer.
Gisy is offline  
post #6750 of 6793 Old 01-17-2020, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
claw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: L'Etoile du Nord
Posts: 3,227
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2550 Post(s)
Liked: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisy View Post

I wish a standalone HDR Optimizer (not embedded into a blu-ray player) existed so you would used it with any sources like the Apple TV4K.
They do exist... Lumagen and MadVR Envy (currently in beta testing) but at prices that range from 5-10K USD.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
claw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
4k blu-ray player , blu-ray player , blu-ray settings , panasonic ub820

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off