Official Panasonic DP-UB820/824 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 266 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5799Likes

post #7951 of 8001 Old 06-30-2020, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Biagas View Post
I love my player but find it a bit odd that I can’️t use the hdr optimizer when playing disks with dolby vision... does this mean the picture is not optimized for my display? That’️s really disappointing since the nits on my display are pretty low....the whole reason I upgraded was for dolby vision support!
No, it doesn't mean that at all. On the contrary, the Dolby Vision format already has everything built-in to it to squeeze every last possible bit of performance out of your display.

The HDR10 format needs the help of the HDR[10] optimizer, and with that it can try to get close.
That’s good to know! I can enjoy in peace now!!
mrtickleuk likes this.

Optoma UHL55 || Marantz SR6013 & Outlaw 7000x || Panasonic UB420 || Apple TV 4k || DCM 7.2.4 setup
Vizio M70-D3 || Marantz SR6012 & Outlaw 5000 & Onkyo M282(x3) || Panasonic UB820 || Apple TV 4k || DCM 7.2.4 setup
Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || LG UBK80 || Apple TV 4k || DCM 3.2 setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7952 of 8001 Old 06-30-2020, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo79 View Post
Yesterday i did some more testing...and i am getting more and more confused:
Every other colour space result in more clipped squares and the upper left chroma burst section even changes colour(it becomes yellow/green instead of blu/red)unsless i reactivate the hdr optimizer wich produces banding in the blue ramp and total clipping!

On the other hand RGB always gives me the vertical chroma burst(that should be the multiple conversion) that look a different color than horizontal and diagonal...unsless i set picture mode to Graphics😮 wich really doesn t sound like a viable choice for movies. Right?

Yesterday night we ve been watching Avengers agebof Ultron and it was looking terrible anyway so i really don t know where to crush my head anymore😞
I’m as confused as you, I’m afraid. In what way did the Avengers movie look terrible? I doubt that has anything to do with colour space. I think the differences between the choices are so minimal, it’s probably hard to pick up on real world content.
post #7953 of 8001 Old 07-01-2020, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddawson View Post
Quote:
Yesterday i did some more testing...and i am getting more and more confused:
Every other colour space result in more clipped squares and the upper left chroma burst section even changes colour(it becomes yellow/green instead of blu/red)unsless i reactivate the hdr optimizer wich produces banding in the blue ramp and total clipping!

On the other hand RGB always gives me the vertical chroma burst(that should be the multiple conversion) that look a different color than horizontal and diagonal...unsless i set picture mode to Graphics😮 wich really doesn t sound like a viable choice for movies. Right?

Yesterday night we ve been watching Avengers agebof Ultron and it was looking terrible anyway so i really don t know where to crush my head anymore😞
I’️m as confused as you, I’️m afraid. In what way did the Avengers movie look terrible? I doubt that has anything to do with colour space. I think the differences between the choices are so minimal, it’️s probably hard to pick up on real world content.
I would not know how to describe "terrible" but something with the colour was looking way off...but then again yesterday i put on Gemini man and it looking amazing so i guess not every 4k blu ray is the same good...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7954 of 8001 Old 07-01-2020, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 8
My first UB820 gripe unless I can't find it it... So noticed the old Trey Parker and Matt Stone movie Orgazmo is on Netflix now and decided to see how it looked and laugh at a movie I loved when I was younger. (DVD) During the previews it tells you that you can access the Top Menu at any time. Not Allowed on this player. Tried Pop Up Menu, No response. Forced to watch all the previews. Started the movie, wow it looked terrible, but damn it was night and day better than the Netflix stream. Then the disc froze... very old and has its share of scratches. Put it in the One X. Was able to jump straight to the Top Menu and play. Played all the scenes I ran through, no freeze. Offset... It looked just as terrible as if did on Netflix.

P659-G1<RXV685<UB820 l Shield TV l One X

Last edited by LastCallKillIt; 07-01-2020 at 08:08 PM.
post #7955 of 8001 Old 07-01-2020, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I would not know how to describe "terrible" but something with the colour was looking way off...but then again yesterday i put on Gemini man and it looking amazing so i guess not every 4k blu ray is the same good...
Does the Avengers package include an sdr version of the movie? Might be good to compare.
post #7956 of 8001 Old 07-01-2020, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I rip my 4k UHDs to MKV with FLAC and the files play perfectly through the rear USB and via network streaming except for one condition:

No matter what I do, I cannot get the 7.1 FLAC in an MKV container to be recognized by the UB820. It only plays back as lossless 5.1 PCM. The files have proper 7.1 lossless reported by MediaInfo, and all settings in Jriver Media Center, my Classe Sigma pre/pro and the 820 itself are correctly set (no transcoding, 7.1 configurations, bitstreaming etc)...

I am fairly certain this is a limitation of the 820 but it would be nice if it were mentioned in the manual. I have researched for a couple of days and have found no other mention of this or if any "fix" is available.

It's not the end of the world as I was rather surprised I can network stream the 1:1 UHD rip with full BT2020 and HDR and even get 5.1 lossless to to the UB820. I've had a 7.1 system for years (no Atmos yet) and can always engage processing to activate the two rear speakers on the 5.1 but it's frustrating to be so close to disc-less perfection with the 4K movies.

Anyone else experience this or have any ideas?

Thanks,
post #7957 of 8001 Old 07-03-2020, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubElement View Post
Does anyone know if these new firmware 1.64 and 1.66 actually fix the issues for Midway and Knives Out?
Looks like No. See comments below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianl999 View Post
I have to say, I'm getting pretty tired of all the issues I'm having with this player. Last night I tried to watch Birds of Prey, and the 820 wouldn't even load the disc. Can't remember the exact error it popped up, but it never got to the first screen. Of course, the disc worked fine in the Xbox One. I've had issues with the following discs:

Rambo, Last Blood
Ford vs Ferrari - I ended buying a second copy, which actually played fine, but the problematic disc was fine in the Xbox
The Last Skywalker
Maleficent Mistress of Evil
Birds of Prey

I'm possibly forgetting some. All the above played just fine on the Xbox. I usually get blocking artifacts, and if you let it struggle long enough the audio gets _way_ out of sync. Monoprice Certified Premium cables all around.

I also have Knives Out and Midway, but haven't opened them yet as I'm aware of the issues.

Pretty sure it's the player, I did some fairly extensive troubleshooting with Ford vs Ferrari (took the Xbox output cable and used it to connect the player directly to the TV - identical issues). I had chalked the issue up to a bad disc when the second one worked, but I would suggest there's clearly more at play here.

I've reset the player several times. One time it seemed to help, but it just took a bit longer for the artifacts to appear.

I've reached out to Panasonic, and got a boiler plate response.

Sorry, bit of a vent here.

Let's hope we see new firmware soon.

Thanks,

Brian
New UB-820 owner. Intrigued by the HDR optimizer, and was hoping maybe it will be better than my buggy (freezing issues) Sony X800M2. Also own the X700.

The player have the 1.64 FW installed.

I happen to have some of the Discs you mentioned and started searching the forum for specific issues on the movies below and curious to see if I will experience the same.

Knives Out in DoVi
freezes for about 5 secs at 2:01.23 mark and then continue to play. this is quite exact scenario for several posters so looks like this is an UB820 issue, since disc plays without issues on my X800M2 and X700.

Midway in DoVi
froze for 5 secs at 0:39.26 mark UB820

this movie froze at 1:57.37 on the X800M2 few times, but OK on UB820 and x700

Birds of Prey - no issues

Rise of Skywalker - not tried yet.

From reading through the thread, it seems that this player will likely be as buggy as my X800M2.

I'm liking the HDR options though for sure. It made watching Blade Runner 2049, much better during the day.
post #7958 of 8001 Old 07-03-2020, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I'm convinced that enabling Dolby Vision on these Panasonic players is the major reason for most of these playback issues. I disabled DV three months ago when I was having problems playing Midway. Now have only HD10 and HD10+ enabled on my UB9000. Since then I have had maybe one issue where the picture started tearing, which was cured by again cleaning the disk with a micro fiber cloth. Don't really miss DV because I think the Optimizer does a great job and prefer HD10 plus the Optimizer on my Sony OLED over Dolby Vision. Now I don't rent, but have over 500 Blu Ray 4k movies in my collection.
jeep05 and regster like this.
post #7959 of 8001 Old 07-03-2020, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello all.

Just joined the forum, as despite over 40 years experience within the Hi Fi / Audio Visual industry, I've come across an issue which makes no sense !
Hope one of you wise old sages out there can shed some light on things.

I've been running an Arcam BDP-300 Bluray player with no issues into a Pioneer (Elite in the USA I believe) SC-LX701 AV receiver until I changed the Arcam for the Panasonic DP-UB820.

Everything is fine apart from the rear channels (I only run 5.1), which now suddenly sound 2-3db louder than before. As before, It's connected into the Pioneer via HDMI (from the video HDMI output on the Panasonic)) and I've gone through every conceivable audio option on the player, but to no avail.
Clearly, turning down the rears on the Pioneer won't help as this affects the other sources which all sound ok.

Has anyone else come across this is issue with the player ?
I wait with baited breath !
post #7960 of 8001 Old 07-04-2020, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1033 Post(s)
Liked: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello all.

Just joined the forum, as despite over 40 years experience within the Hi Fi / Audio Visual industry, I've come across an issue which makes no sense !
Hope one of you wise old sages out there can shed some light on things.

I've been running an Arcam BDP-300 Bluray player with no issues into a Pioneer (Elite in the USA I believe) SC-LX701 AV receiver until I changed the Arcam for the Panasonic DP-UB820.

Everything is fine apart from the rear channels (I only run 5.1), which now suddenly sound 2-3db louder than before. As before, It's connected into the Pioneer via HDMI (from the video HDMI output on the Panasonic)) and I've gone through every conceivable audio option on the player, but to no avail.
Clearly, turning down the rears on the Pioneer won't help as this affects the other sources which all sound ok.

Has anyone else come across this is issue with the player ?
I wait with baited breath !

Have you measured the rear’s output from your LP to confirm this? Did you cycle pink noise from the receiver to the various speakers to verify output?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7961 of 8001 Old 07-05-2020, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddawson View Post
Yes! RGB is better for me from my Oppo 205 to a Sony 9400 TV, and from an 820 and an Oppo 203 to an Epson projector. Like you, I am surprised by this, given what Stacey Spears says about not using RGB.
Noticing this too, via 820(RGB limited/BT2020 SDR)->LS10k projector(Adobe RGB mode, wide gamut filter engaged). White balance seems much improved over 820(YCbCr)->LS10k(Digital Cinema mode) right off the bat, and the gamma seems to track a lot better. I say "seems" because I don't have any measuring equipment besides my eyes, and my proj hasn't been calibrated. With YcBcR, it seems to me, especially at the low end of the curve, primaries look more saturated than they should (especially red), and there are aberrations in skin tones (ruddy faces). With RGB and default settings on the projector except for gamma at -2 and contrast at +7, optimizer adjusted on the Panny per the material, I just get a more pleasing, natural-looking image all around. I don't know if the change is in how the player maps the expanded chroma into the tighter gamma curve of SDR, but to my eyes, the mix is much better with RGB. Tested with a couple of Warner movies so far (Aquaman and Shazam), but I expect the Fox superhero stuff to look same/will test shortly. Warner stuff seems to like the optimizer in the negative for my display, Fox stuff I push into the positive on the optimizer for a nice-looking picture.

Also, I do want to note that Natural mode on the projector when fed Rec709 SDR from the Panny, just given the HDR optimizer adjustment, is pretty freakin' stunning. The Panny is just plain better at mapping than my Oppo 203. Thinking that might hit eBay soon, they're getting good prices for them, and I basically have no use for mine anymore. Its version of tone mapping is bunk, and even though it's the only device in my arsenal that can tone map an offboard source for me (like say, Vudu from my X-box 1S), I don't like what it does in that mode over even Rec709 SDR from the Panny + HDR slider.

Last edited by hithere; 07-05-2020 at 02:41 PM.
post #7962 of 8001 Old 07-06-2020, 03:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hithere View Post
Noticing this too, via 820(RGB limited/BT2020 SDR)->LS10k projector(Adobe RGB mode, wide gamut filter engaged). White balance seems much improved over 820(YCbCr)->LS10k(Digital Cinema mode) right off the bat, and the gamma seems to track a lot better. I say "seems" because I don't have any measuring equipment besides my eyes, and my proj hasn't been calibrated. With YcBcR, it seems to me, especially at the low end of the curve, primaries look more saturated than they should (especially red), and there are aberrations in skin tones (ruddy faces). With RGB and default settings on the projector except for gamma at -2 and contrast at +7, optimizer adjusted on the Panny per the material, I just get a more pleasing, natural-looking image all around. I don't know if the change is in how the player maps the expanded chroma into the tighter gamma curve of SDR, but to my eyes, the mix is much better with RGB. Tested with a couple of Warner movies so far (Aquaman and Shazam), but I expect the Fox superhero stuff to look same/will test shortly. Warner stuff seems to like the optimizer in the negative for my display, Fox stuff I push into the positive on the optimizer for a nice-looking picture.

Also, I do want to note that Natural mode on the projector when fed Rec709 SDR from the Panny, just given the HDR optimizer adjustment, is pretty freakin' stunning. The Panny is just plain better at mapping than my Oppo 203. Thinking that might hit eBay soon, they're getting good prices for them, and I basically have no use for mine anymore. Its version of tone mapping is bunk, and even though it's the only device in my arsenal that can tone map an offboard source for me (like say, Vudu from my X-box 1S), I don't like what it does in that mode over even Rec709 SDR from the Panny + HDR slider.
I can't say I've noticed a difference with real world content, only on the S&M patterns. But I agree that the Oppo is not the best at tone mapping. I got terrible banding in dark scenes.
post #7963 of 8001 Old 07-06-2020, 12:38 PM
ISF III Calibrator

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Say goodbye to my X940E. Having kids is just great. Bought in 2018 for $3000.

monkaquinas and mrtickleuk like this.

ISF III Certified Calibrator
post #7964 of 8001 Old 07-06-2020, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan201 View Post

Ba bye, ba bye 940, ba bye.

You can always sell it for parts(the 940, not the kids).

Sorry for your luck, look at it this way...you get a new tv out of this.

Cheers, stay safe!
post #7965 of 8001 Old 07-06-2020, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:

Who did it ?? Buzz Lightyear ??

"When all else fails, read the manual."
post #7966 of 8001 Old 07-06-2020, 02:56 PM
ISF III Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngiloy View Post
Who did it ?? Buzz Lightyear ??
Woody got tossed at the bottom edge from 2 feet away. His head hit the bottom and that streak was immediately present. Kids are great. There are almost no protector solutions on the market and no accidental damage coverage I can find for the next purchase. Guess Ill have to build a barrier.
jeep05 likes this.

post #7967 of 8001 Old 07-06-2020, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Woody got tossed at the bottom edge from 2 feet away. His head hit the bottom and that streak was immediately present. Kids are great. There are almost no protector solutions on the market and no accidental damage coverage I can find for the next purchase. Guess Ill have to build a barrier.
I believe that Best Buy Geek Squad does have an option for Accidental Damage (also by the way, covers burn-in, etc.). Be prepared to spend at least double what a company like SquareTrade charges for TV warranty without accidental coverage and you of course would have to buy the TV from Best Buy..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-65A8G 65 inch Bravia OLED 4K TV
Panasonic DP-UB820 UltraHD Premium Blu-ray Player * 2019 Nvidia Shield TV * Roku Ultra
LG SL10YG 7.1.2 Channel Soundbar + Rear Speaker kit w/Meridian Technology & Dolby Atmos / DTS:X
post #7968 of 8001 Old 07-07-2020, 01:59 PM
ISF III Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeluce View Post
I believe that Best Buy Geek Squad does have an option for Accidental Damage (also by the way, covers burn-in, etc.). Be prepared to spend at least double what a company like SquareTrade charges for TV warranty without accidental coverage and you of course would have to buy the TV from Best Buy..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I called geek squad and they said that computer monitors are covered but not TV screens. I'm running a claim through my renters insurance. Looks like it will work out.
tngiloy likes this.

post #7969 of 8001 Old 07-07-2020, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A few days into using this player here in the UK and I’m pretty happy with it so far. No lockup’s, no refusal to play discs with everything from standard DVDs to UHD disks... up scales very well and much better than the Xbox one S I was using previously.

I’m connected to a 65 inch Sony XF9005.

Despite it not being there to use the apps... generally I’ve been impressed with the playback of Netflix and YouTube. The 4K content in YouTube looks better than the built in TV app... and I’m not a million miles off choosing it for Netflix. Does the player do anything to make better viewing on the built in apps ?

I’ve not got a spectacular sound system, but it is Onkyo... and only a 2:1 for now... considering upgrading as the next step.

One thing I did hear that I wouldn’t mind getting cleared up... on another forum somebody advised High Luminance regardless as this will give a better picture. I’ve not tried it... but wondered if anybody could confirm. Thanks.
post #7970 of 8001 Old 07-09-2020, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXAlan View Post
What is the successor to the 75x940E? I haven’t been impressed with the 950G/H line. Seems like the Z series is the only true successor.
This is the Panasonic 820 Blu-Ray subforum. Please take your question and any further discussion to the appropriate display device subforum.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/9-display-devices/
jeep05 and funb0bfun like this.
post #7971 of 8001 Old 07-09-2020, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Do you also have strange behavior with your 820? E.g.:
- when I switch it on, it takes until it finishes booting up until it opens the tray. So I oress it again and again until it finally opens
- when I press the eject button when switched off the tray immediately opens, but pressing the eject button again, doesn't close it. I have to push the tray manually in

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk
post #7972 of 8001 Old 07-09-2020, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond2k View Post
Do you also have strange behavior with your 820? E.g.:
- when I switch it on, it takes until it finishes booting up until it opens the tray. So I oress it again and again until it finally opens
- when I press the eject button when switched off the tray immediately opens, but pressing the eject button again, doesn't close it. I have to push the tray manually in

This is normal and how the player works

When powering the player on the drawer won’t open until the player has completed its startup

When pressing open / close with power off the drawer will open but it will not close until the player has completed its startup

-
Upgraditus is a real disease
post #7973 of 8001 Old 07-10-2020, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Aside from issues I've had with some known problem discs (primarily Knives Out but also Planet Earth 2), the only other issue I've had consistently with this player is an apparent HDMI handshake that prevents HDR from working right when the Optimizer is on. The player says it's outputting HDR, but the TV doesn't recognize it as HDR so stays in SDR mode, and so the picture is washed out.

The easiest fix is to just bring up the optimizer and turn it off and back on again. It seems to be something to do with the optimizer screwing up the HDR handshake. It seems to happen on two of my discs on a 50:50 chance basis (Arrival and BR2049).
mrtickleuk likes this.

LG C9
Denon X3400H | 5.1.2 | Emotiva B1 LR, C1, E1 Surrounds, A1 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
post #7974 of 8001 Old 07-12-2020, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I’m thinking about getting the UB820, however I read somewhere that this player can’t reencode DTS to Dolby 5.1? My soundbar (Sonos Arc) can’t do DTS or LPCM so was wondering if I’m only going to get stereo if the disc is DTS only.

Will I be able to get Atmos/DD 5.1 all the time ? LPCM surround would downconvert to stereo on my soundbar which would suck. This seems to be the best player with DV support, automatic DV switching and no freeze/playback issues with triple layer discs and things like that. I’ve heard the x700, x800 and UBK90 all have their own issues.

Thanks for your help!
post #7975 of 8001 Old 07-12-2020, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-smith View Post
This is normal and how the player works

When powering the player on the drawer won’t open until the player has completed its startup

When pressing open / close with power off the drawer will open but it will not close until the player has completed its startup

But what's the reason for this? Are other players like the Oppo also doing that? It's just compared to all other devices (AVR, Nvidia Shield, ...) this one takes forever to boot up and then I also have to wait until I finally can put the disk in.

post #7976 of 8001 Old 07-12-2020, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond2k View Post
But what's the reason for this? Are other players like the Oppo also doing that? It's just compared to all other devices (AVR, Nvidia Shield, ...) this one takes forever to boot up and then I also have to wait until I finally can put the disk in.

Page 35 of owner's manual: Turn Quick Start to ON.

BTW, it takes 20 seconds for my entire system (Denon 3500, Penny 820, LG LCD TV) to boot up and be ready to insert a disc so I don’t know what you are complaining about. The time it takes for the disc to play once it is in the player is a function of the disc not the player but even that is quick with the 820.
tngiloy likes this.

Last edited by bluesky636; 07-12-2020 at 06:30 PM.
post #7977 of 8001 Old 07-12-2020, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked: 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp25 View Post
I’m thinking about getting the UB820, however I read somewhere that this player can’t reencode DTS to Dolby 5.1? My soundbar (Sonos Arc) can’t do DTS or LPCM so was wondering if I’m only going to get stereo if the disc is DTS only.

Will I be able to get Atmos/DD 5.1 all the time ? LPCM surround would downconvert to stereo on my soundbar which would suck. This seems to be the best player with DV support, automatic DV switching and no freeze/playback issues with triple layer discs and things like that. I’ve heard the x700, x800 and UBK90 all have their own issues.

Thanks for your help!
I think you are out of luck unless you can still find a discontinued Samsung K8500 or M8500 UHD disc player. Or wait for Sonos to add multi-channel LPCM support, but then you would lose Atmos.
rbp25 likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti

Last edited by claw; 07-12-2020 at 10:38 AM.
post #7978 of 8001 Old 07-12-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
I think you are out of luck unless you can still find a discontinued Samsung K8500 or M8500 UHD disc player. Or wait for Sonos to add multi-channel LPCM support, but then you would lose Atmos.
Those players don't support Dolby Vision though right? Im guessing the only option is the Sony 1000ES? The 800M2 seems to be plagued with freezing issues as well along with the manual DV switching.
post #7979 of 8001 Old 07-12-2020, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp25 View Post

Thanks for your help!

DTS for Sonos ARC: https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-t...d-beam-4040661

Bill
post #7980 of 8001 Old 07-12-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 View Post
DTS for Sonos ARC:
Thanks! Im SOL basically.