Pioneer UDP-LX 500 / 800 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 694Likes

post #1261 of 1263 Old 06-28-2020, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by danam View Post
Yes I'm also talking about the Power button on the unit but if pressed like 5 seconds, it does power down the unit but it doesn't do a factory reset.

EDIT : and yes I tried the reset to factory settings option but I'd like to know if there is a "deeper" reset than this "soft" one proposed in the menu.
Hi
Did you find how to hard reset ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1263 Old 07-13-2020, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Liked: 1413
Slightly optimistic news. Someone in one of the Euro forums claimed they were in contact with Pioneer. The 500 has not been discontinued but is held up by production problems due to COVID. Its supposedly due in late Q3 or Q4 of this year.
In addition there is a FW update due soon, but no details on what it will contain.
AnotherDude and bguzman like this.
post #1263 of 1263 Old 07-13-2020, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekayo View Post
As LX500 owners, our biggest concern is probably how long will critical replacement parts be available. I could fill a whole webpage here of what I went through at the hands of Cambridge Audio’s “support” team and those geniuses who Cambridge had me ship my 650BD player to when its reading failures of immaculate discs became intolerable. https://www.panurgyoem.com/ ~ $300. wasted on transport replacement, shipping and then within a month being left with a brick when they surmised that the problem was instead a decoder board, but which had since been permanently available for several months.

Admittedly, that player was nine years old, and the CE industry has mostly pardoned itself for not stocking parts after about seven years. But the LX500 is already at least two years old, and as Pioneer’s market share seems to be dwindling how long might it even be around to warehouse any discontinued NOS parts?

I just don’t want to be left with another handsome looking doorstop in a few years. Little doubt why only Sony, Philips and Panasonic are about the only BD player brands left; they’ve got enough real estate to store parts, and none of their players are over $1K.
My Azur BD650 sh#t the bed after around 9 years too - 8 years in my ownership. Screen went red. So pleased I didn't mess around, and bought the LX500. Still, as you say, hopefully it has a support life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page