Official Pana UB9000 Owner's thread (No Price Talk) - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 227Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #661 of 706 Old 08-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Member
 
swoper101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
That sounds about right. I'd let the UB9000 do the heavy lifting/processing of the tone mapping and take it down to a more manageable amount for the TV to do the rest (if any).
I've had the Vizio M65-E0 for about a year...and it's never made me go WOW until I started watching movies on the UB9000. TV will be the next upgrade now that I have a player that can deliver the goods.
swoper101 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #662 of 706 Old 08-08-2019, 11:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 5
So I went to watch a movie tonight and turned on the player. The player was unresponsive for a few minutes and only displayed welcome on the player display screen. After a few minutes the player displayed F99 on the display and shut off. Has anyone had this happen to them? I didn’t get time to really troubleshoot it, but thought I would check here first. Thanks


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RL616 is online now  
post #663 of 706 Old 08-09-2019, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bwillcox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,316
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL616 View Post
So I went to watch a movie tonight and turned on the player. The player was unresponsive for a few minutes and only displayed welcome on the player display screen. After a few minutes the player displayed F99 on the display and shut off. Has anyone had this happen to them? I didn’t get time to really troubleshoot it, but thought I would check here first. Thanks
I've never had this happen with mine and don't know what the F99 display might mean, but did you try power cycling the player (unplugging it from power for a bit)? I find that the embedded OSes in the electronic products we buy these days come replete with various bugs and sometimes need to be rebooted.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
bwillcox is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #664 of 706 Old 08-09-2019, 06:06 AM
Member
 
Psylocke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
I purchased my UB9000 about a month ago but have not really used it until this past weekend when I installed my new Epson 6050 4k projector.

I was demoing a few scenes from "The Shallows" in 4k with a friend and after about 15min into the movie the player decided to completely power down for no reason. I powered the player back up and it asked if I wanted to start from where I left off.

I did just upgrade to FW 1.6 right before I put the disc in. Has anybody had this happen. It kind of freaked me out.

Also what HDR settings should I set in the player for my projector?

Has anybody experienced what happened to me above? Also what HDR setting for my Epson? I could really use some help.
Psylocke is offline  
post #665 of 706 Old 08-09-2019, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
T-smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,113
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Has anybody experienced what happened to me above? Also what HDR setting for my Epson? I could really use some help.


Are you sure the update completed? It does take some time to download and then update the player with at least one reboot in there from what I remember.

Disc Players are the one device that I still like to perform factory reset after updating. It’s not required but players can act strange after updating so I always reset. It can be a pain though with some players like this that have so many settings with no option to save them to usb.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
william06 likes this.

-
Upgraditus is a real disease
T-smith is online now  
post #666 of 706 Old 08-09-2019, 10:10 AM
Member
 
swoper101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So, I tried to play some music from a flash drive...and I'm not getting anything? Tried both the front and the back ports. It sees the files just fine. I hit play I get the PLAY symbol but it's stuck at "0.00" for, what I assume is, the time elapsed. Tried with FLAC and MP3 files.

Last edited by swoper101; 08-09-2019 at 10:56 AM. Reason: additional info
swoper101 is online now  
post #667 of 706 Old 08-10-2019, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,144
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Color filter with JVC N7 and Panny 820

Hi folks...

I posted in the JVC thread also...When using the Basic Luminance 500 nit setting under advanced settings on the 820, I read that the BT2020 colour filter is not activated in the JVC N7...is true even if I select BT2020 under color profile on the JVC or am I totally misunderstanding?

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820, triple black velvet batcave
Screen:120” 2.35 Elunevision Tab tensioned motorized drop down screen;
asharma is online now  
post #668 of 706 Old 08-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Newbie
 
bobbyg53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoper101 View Post
So, I tried to play some music from a flash drive...and I'm not getting anything? Tried both the front and the back ports. It sees the files just fine. I hit play I get the PLAY symbol but it's stuck at "0.00" for, what I assume is, the time elapsed. Tried with FLAC and MP3 files.
Have you tried formatting the flash drive to FAT32 (not EXFAT) before copying the music files onto it?
bobbyg53 is offline  
post #669 of 706 Old 08-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Member
 
swoper101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg53 View Post
Have you tried formatting the flash drive to FAT32 (not EXFAT) before copying the music files onto it?
Turns out, later in the evening, it wouldn't play a UHD disk either. Power cycled, nothing...tried a factory reset and another power cycle..nothing. Unplugged it from the wall for a few min and then fired it back up, and....it came back to life. It's been okay for a day or so now. Plays UHD and from the flash drive (NTFS) just fine.

Playing music on it isn't something I plan on doing very often, if ever. Unless some magic happens and I can use it as a Roon endpoint.
swoper101 is online now  
post #670 of 706 Old 08-12-2019, 06:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is everyone still having freezing problems when a disc is paused for several minutes or more? You can't get it to play again no matter what you hit on the remote? Try the Pop-Up Menu button! So we were watching First Man on a Netflix blu-ray disc rental, I hit pause, after some time the Comcast screensaver appeared and when we came back, frozen. Play, Pause, FF, rewind, chapter back, chapter forward, nothing worked to unfreeze it. I didn't want to eject the disc because she hates starting the movie all over again, and besides I didn't want any snarky remarks. So I had a hunch and I pressed the Pop-Up Menu button... Voila! It worked. The disc started playing again right where it left off, no problem. I don't know if this works for streaming or not and I didn't try it on any other discs yet but I was just excited to report it to the forum. Curious to know if this works for others.
surroundsound99 is offline  
post #671 of 706 Old 08-12-2019, 06:16 AM
Member
 
Psylocke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
I purchased my UB9000 about a month ago but have not really used it until this past weekend when I installed my new Epson 6050 4k projector.

I was demoing a few scenes from "The Shallows" in 4k with a friend and after about 15min into the movie the player decided to completely power down for no reason. I powered the player back up and it asked if I wanted to start from where I left off.

I did just upgrade to FW 1.6 right before I put the disc in. Has anybody had this happen. It kind of freaked me out.

Also what HDR settings should I set in the player for my projector?

So I finally had a chance to watch a full movie on the player last night. I decided to watch "The Shallows" because that was the disc that randomly shutdown on me.

I watched the movie from start to finish with no shut downs. The only weird issue was if I paused the movie when you resumed playback the video would continue to play but the audio would stop working. No sound at all. You would have to hit stop, let it go to the UHD screen then hit play and resume playback to get the sound back.

Anybody else experience this pause with no audio on resume issue?
Psylocke is offline  
post #672 of 706 Old 08-12-2019, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
william06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South central Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,192
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked: 458
It’s happened to me on a couple of occasions. I think it’s a handshake issue. Depends on how your 9000 is connected or better yet how many devices it’s going through. My picture and audio are split. Video into my lgg7p OLED tv and audio into my Samsung n950 soundbar.

Lg oled65G7P
Panasonic UB9000
atv4k -roku ultra
Toshiba X1 HD-DVD
Samsung HW-N950 soundbar
william06 is online now  
post #673 of 706 Old 08-12-2019, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
T-smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,113
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Official Pana UB9000 Owner's thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surroundsound99 View Post
Is everyone still having freezing problems when a disc is paused for several minutes or more? You can't get it to play again no matter what you hit on the remote? Try the Pop-Up Menu button! So we were watching First Man on a Netflix blu-ray disc rental, I hit pause, after some time the Comcast screensaver appeared and when we came back, frozen. Play, Pause, FF, rewind, chapter back, chapter forward, nothing worked to unfreeze it. I didn't want to eject the disc because she hates starting the movie all over again, and besides I didn't want any snarky remarks. So I had a hunch and I pressed the Pop-Up Menu button... Voila! It worked. The disc started playing again right where it left off, no problem. I don't know if this works for streaming or not and I didn't try it on any other discs yet but I was just excited to report it to the forum. Curious to know if this works for others.


Pressing OK should also exit the screen saver and resume playing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-
Upgraditus is a real disease

Last edited by T-smith; 08-12-2019 at 08:24 AM.
T-smith is online now  
post #674 of 706 Old 08-12-2019, 08:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-smith View Post
Pressing OK should also exit the screen safe and resume playing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great to know, thanks!
surroundsound99 is offline  
post #675 of 706 Old 08-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
MOberhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 993
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
So I finally had a chance to watch a full movie on the player last night. I decided to watch "The Shallows" because that was the disc that randomly shutdown on me.

I watched the movie from start to finish with no shut downs. The only weird issue was if I paused the movie when you resumed playback the video would continue to play but the audio would stop working. No sound at all. You would have to hit stop, let it go to the UHD screen then hit play and resume playback to get the sound back.

Anybody else experience this pause with no audio on resume issue?
Yeah I get it quite often, on fast forwarding too. I do think it's a player issue. I don't have it happen on any other source I've had.
MOberhardt is online now  
post #676 of 706 Old 08-13-2019, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Extreman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I have separate audio and sometimes after a freeze, video and audio come out of sync.

Bryston SP4/ATI AT527/Panasonic DP-UB9000/LG OLED 65E6V
Extreman is online now  
post #677 of 706 Old 08-14-2019, 04:28 PM
Senior Member
 
DRC72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Greater Hartford, CT
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quick question picked up the UB9000 and will he hooking it up to my plasma display temporarily until I get my 4K tv moved into my theater room. I don’t see a setting for plasma on HDR display type, what would you recommend for plasma TV at 1080P? Right now I have it set at 0LED. Or does this setting really matter at 1080P?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DRC72 is offline  
post #678 of 706 Old 08-15-2019, 12:12 PM
Member
 
Nikola Tesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Angry


I honestly don't see any performance or operational improvement in the latest firmware update. It has not resolved the issues I'm having with random video noise/blackouts after pausing a disc. The only way I've found to recover from this problem whenever it starts is to power down the unit for a minute or two, and then restart it. That "usually" fixes it.

Sadly, none of the ongoing functional deficiencies, such as the absence of a functional screensaver or zoom option, was addressed either. Come on, Panasonic! You can do better. This is your FLAGSHIP disc player. Please make it right.
Nikola Tesla is offline  
post #679 of 706 Old 08-15-2019, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
T-smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,113
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Official Pana UB9000 Owner's thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Tesla View Post


I honestly don't see any performance or operational improvement in the latest firmware update. It has not resolved the issues I'm having with random video noise/blackouts after pausing a disc. The only way I've found to recover from this problem whenever it starts is to power down the unit for a minute or two, and then restart it. That "usually" fixes it.



Sadly, none of the ongoing functional deficiencies, such as the absence of a functional screensaver or zoom option, was addressed either. Come on, Panasonic! You can do better. This is your FLAGSHIP disc player. Please make it right.



The listed notes on the latest firmware were Playability of Blu-ray Disc and Stability of system so I’m not sure what performance, operational, or functional changes you were expecting to see.

I don’t have any issues when pausing although I rarely pause for an extended period of time. Some discs will go to screen saver when paused but that can be easily exited with playback resumed by pressing ok.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-
Upgraditus is a real disease
T-smith is online now  
post #680 of 706 Old 08-15-2019, 02:25 PM
Member
 
Nikola Tesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-smith View Post
The listed notes on the latest firmware were Playability of Blu-ray Disc and Stability of system so I’m not sure what performance, operational, or functional changes you were expecting to see.

I don’t have any issues when pausing although I rarely pause for an extended period of time. Some discs will go to screen saver when paused but that can be easily exited with playback resumed by pressing ok.

Based on the update notes, I wasn't "expecting" any feature or functionality enhancements, although they would have been nice. But BS video noise and dropouts qualify as "playability" issues in my book.

Nikola Tesla is offline  
post #681 of 706 Old 08-15-2019, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
T-smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,113
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Official Pana UB9000 Owner's thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Tesla View Post


Based on the update notes, I wasn't "expecting" any feature or functionality enhancements, although they would have been nice. But BS video noise and dropouts qualify as "playability" issues in my book.





Have you passed these issues along to Panasonic or Robert Zohn with Value Electronics? If not might be a good idea since there doesn’t appear to be many others that are having this issue rather than just hoping it gets fixed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
william06 likes this.

-
Upgraditus is a real disease

Last edited by T-smith; 08-15-2019 at 05:17 PM.
T-smith is online now  
post #682 of 706 Old 08-15-2019, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
william06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South central Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,192
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked: 458
I have really not have issue with anything on this player at all. Unlike some other top and midline players I’ve had. And as suggested above I would contact Robert.

Lg oled65G7P
Panasonic UB9000
atv4k -roku ultra
Toshiba X1 HD-DVD
Samsung HW-N950 soundbar
william06 is online now  
post #683 of 706 Old 08-16-2019, 07:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-smith View Post
...Some discs will go to screen saver when paused but that can be easily exited with playback resumed by pressing ok.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Pop-Up Menu button also works to resume playback during pause.
surroundsound99 is offline  
post #684 of 706 Old 08-16-2019, 10:50 AM
Member
 
Nikola Tesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-smith View Post
Have you passed these issues along to Panasonic or Robert Zohn with Value Electronics? If not might be a good idea since there doesn’t appear to be many others that are having this issue rather than just hoping it gets fixed.
Thank you so much for the direction. Yes, I have reached out to Panasonic – thus far without a response. Not quite sure what a vendor can do for me regarding what I’m reasonably confident is firmware bug.

While the video noise and dropouts following pause activation have not been universally reported, I am not the only poster here who has experienced them. As reflected by a couple recent posts by JayNTee:


Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNTee View Post
Has anyone had any luck or find a fix for this? Has Panasonic taken notice? I recently played Black Hawk Down and paused just to have issues and glitches until I pulled the disc out and placed back in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNTee View Post
So I wonder if the playability and the stability of the system was geared towards issues with movies being paused at times and then skipping or having sync issues with the sound. I know this isn't a "common" issue, but I've seen enough people on this thread mention it. Myself being one of the contenders.
The 1.60 firmware is still fairly early version, as firmware releases go, and I expect Panasonic will eventually resolve the issue. Unfortunately, tracking down this particular bug is hamperd by its intermittent nature. It does not manifest itself often, not even with the same disc, and this type of bug is the most difficult to resolve.

Below are some post quotes regarding issues experienced by several others that may or may not be related, but I believe need to be remediated, nonetheless. Note the intermittent nature of every single one:


Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
I've had a few oddities with pause too, which I never encountered on the UB900. Basically losing audio after pausing or fast forward. Seems to affect some discs but not others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbessie View Post

I had just updated to the latest firmware and restarted. I tried to jump to a scene I wanted to see (from the Scenes menu), and it started out with various colors smeared across the screen, blocks of color/pixelization, etc. The motion jumped and stopped for awhile, until I press the "Jump Forward" button. I went back to the scene a few times, both from the Scenes menu and using the Jump Forward/Back buttons, but the same things kept happening.

This morning, I took the disc and played it on my computer, and jumped to the same scene, and didn't see this issue. I tried it several different ways, but still no problems. Then I tried it again in the UB9000, and didn't see any issues anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRGM1 View Post
I've had playablility issues on several discs. We watched Aquaman last night and maybe halfway through the movies the picture slowed and broke into digital colors patterns. Continued until I stopped the player and pulled the disc, disc looked perfect. Reinserted disc and it started back with resume and no issues the rest of the movie. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Cymbal View Post

What made me crazy last night was that I played a music CD. I put it in the player couldn't seem to read it. This was a brand new disc. I then took it out put it back in and powered it up, and it read it and played it fine.

Then I ejected it and put a movie in, 4k and it started playing just the audio with no video. The displayed continued to read high-clarity and wouldn't play video. I again had to power the unit off and back on and insert the disc.

I am baffled a bit by this, I love the picture quality but feel like the player is buggy and awkward and for $1,000 shouldn't be this way. …
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-SIBI View Post

My player some times got issues in reading some discs, I got to take out the disc and re-insert it to make it work...
My Pio LX500 looks more reliable on the mechanical side...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreman View Post
New bug discovered yesterday when watching Mission Impossible Fallout 4k.
Picture lost on TV, but sound still playing on HDMI Audio port.
Restarted chapter one and now it played ok.
Upgrading to 1.55 now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surroundsound99 View Post
… Watching the 4K of A Star Is Born for the first time with my wife, pressed a combination of Pause and Rewind, can't remember exactly, the picture went black and froze. Ejected the disc and started over. She wasn't impressed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by surroundsound99 View Post
... When I come back to a disc later, and it asks me if I want to resume the movie, and I say no, what I noticed is when it cycles through the startup sequences (Universal logo and music intro, MPAA warning, etc), the video cuts in and out pretty bad, like the first 4-5 seconds of the Universal/Warner/Any studio's intro do not display. Other things flash on the screen for a half-a-second like the disc menu. Once the movie starts over again, all seems fine though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoper101 View Post
…Turns out, later in the evening, it wouldn't play a UHD disk either. Power cycled, nothing...tried a factory reset and another power cycle..nothing. Unplugged it from the wall for a few min and then fired it back up, and....it came back to life. It's been okay for a day or so now. Plays UHD and from the flash drive (NTFS) just fine. …
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
So I finally had a chance to watch a full movie on the player last night. I decided to watch "The Shallows" because that was the disc that randomly shutdown on me.

I watched the movie from start to finish with no shut downs. The only weird issue was if I paused the movie when you resumed playback the video would continue to play but the audio would stop working. No sound at all. You would have to hit stop, let it go to the UHD screen then hit play and resume playback to get the sound back.

Anybody else experience this pause with no audio on resume issue?
I have been posting the issues that I've observed and compiled the above list because I think prospective buyers reading this thread have a right to know that all is not yet sweetness and light with this player. When it is operating properly, which it is the vast majority of the time, its performance is outstanding, but it still has some bugs to be worked out.

Same holds for the perceived deficiencies in the player's feature set. As I recall, you, yourself, have characterized the absence of a defeat option for the Auto-Off function as "dumb." I agree, and that isn't the only item on my Wish List.


Nikola Tesla is offline  
post #685 of 706 Old 08-16-2019, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
T-smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,113
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Official Pana UB9000 Owner's thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Tesla View Post
[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][SIZE="3"]

I have been posting the issues that I've observed and compiled the above list because I think prospective buyers reading this thread have a right to know that all is not yet sweetness and light with this player. When it is operating properly, which it is the vast majority of the time, its performance is outstanding, but it still has some bugs to be worked out.

Same holds for the perceived deficiencies in the player's feature set. As I recall, you, yourself, have characterized the absence of a defeat option for the Auto-Off function as "dumb." I agree, and that isn't the only item on my Wish List.




There’s a difference between issues and things you don’t like and expecting those things you don’t like to be changed in a playability firmware release is unrealistic and the point I was trying to make.

Robert has a direct line to Panasonic engineering so he isn’t a typical vendor and you probably have a better chance of getting something changed or fixed by going through him than you do going directly to Panasonic.

Moving on



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
william06 and pbz06 like this.

-
Upgraditus is a real disease
T-smith is online now  
post #686 of 706 Old 08-17-2019, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
acidrock69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can the ub9000 play my ripped 4K movies stored on my NAS (mostly mkv, a couple in folder)? If so, can it via ethernet or does it need usb?

Currently using a Zidoo Z9S to access movies on my NAS via ethernet but it doesn't support DV.

TV: Pioneer KURO PDP-6010FD
Receiver: Denon AVR-4520CI
Blu-Ray: Playstation 3
Media Player: Dune HD Max
DVD/SACD: Oppo DV-980H
Speakers: Paradigm Millenia 200 5.1 system
acidrock69 is online now  
post #687 of 706 Old 08-17-2019, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
DRC72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Greater Hartford, CT
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidrock69 View Post
Can the ub9000 play my ripped 4K movies stored on my NAS (mostly mkv, a couple in folder)? If so, can it via ethernet or does it need usb?



Currently using a Zidoo Z9S to access movies on my NAS via ethernet but it doesn't support DV.


My 1080p mkv files are working through Ethernet Via DLNA without issues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DRC72 is offline  
post #688 of 706 Old 08-17-2019, 03:07 PM
DAK
Member
 
DAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidrock69 View Post
Can the ub9000 play my ripped 4K movies stored on my NAS (mostly mkv, a couple in folder)? If so, can it via ethernet or does it need usb?
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but my answer to your question is NO. This player does not seem to be able to play multichannel audio MKV files (e.g., Atmos), regardless of where your source is (network, USB, etc). 2CH audio is fine, video plays fine, but I get no audio otherwise. I have an Oppo player that plays everything perfectly, so it's not the rip. I hope someone can correct me if I'm doing something wrong!
DAK is offline  
post #689 of 706 Old Yesterday, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Clark Burk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Baltimore,MD.USA
Posts: 1,956
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK View Post
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but my answer to your question is NO. This player does not seem to be able to play multichannel audio MKV files (e.g., Atmos), regardless of where your source is (network, USB, etc). 2CH audio is fine, video plays fine, but I get no audio otherwise. I have an Oppo player that plays everything perfectly, so it's not the rip. I hope someone can correct me if I'm doing something wrong!
That’s normal for Panasonic. They will not play the advanced audio formats on mkvs and if that’s all that’s available then audio will be silent. One of the features that many like about the OPPO is its media streaming capability. It’s too bad it’s just a basic menu list though.
The Panny is a great disc spinner but lacks in other areas.

Clark
Clark Burk is online now  
post #690 of 706 Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
 
acidrock69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Burk View Post
That’s normal for Panasonic. They will not play the advanced audio formats on mkvs and if that’s all that’s available then audio will be silent. One of the features that many like about the OPPO is its media streaming capability. It’s too bad it’s just a basic menu list though.
The Panny is a great disc spinner but lacks in other areas.
Damn, that sucks. So it sounds like out of all the streamers and BD players only the OPPO can play mkvs without any video/audio restrictions. Wish I would've had the foresight to buy one because dropping $1k on a used discontinued player is a bit much. I guess authoring mkvs to UHD and burning them is a workaround but then will need the appropriate burner and discs ($10 BDXL for <50GB files).

Maybe the new Shield TV whenever it hits the market, hopefully early 2020.

TV: Pioneer KURO PDP-6010FD
Receiver: Denon AVR-4520CI
Blu-Ray: Playstation 3
Media Player: Dune HD Max
DVD/SACD: Oppo DV-980H
Speakers: Paradigm Millenia 200 5.1 system
acidrock69 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off