Official Pana UB9000 Owner's thread (No Price Talk) - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 274Likes

post #811 of 844 Old 09-10-2019, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
Just curious - what's the appeal of the UB9000 for you? It does have enhanced audio capability (as well as the better build) compared to the UB820, so I'm guessing you're wanting one or both of those?

Because I own the UB820 & I know it doesn't playback MKV with immersive audio... I was going to use the player to play my MKV rips off my NAS to play them because I hate Plex. So play them directly & no decoding from PLEX which I feel does a horrible job with HDR and player itself just isn't good. So it looks like it comes down to getting another Oppo 203 or see if the Pioneer LX-500 play MKV with immersive audio.

JVC NX5 Panasonic UB820 PC Madvr
Sliver Ticket 120' Cinema white screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Pioneer Elite SC-LX801 Acurus A125x5
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY) V.B.S.S.x 4(MBM)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 844 Old 09-10-2019, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1235 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
Because I own the UB820 & I know it doesn't playback MKV with immersive audio... I was going to use the player to play my MKV rips off my NAS to play them because I hate Plex. So play them directly & no decoding from PLEX which I feel does a horrible job with HDR and player itself just isn't good. So it looks like it comes down to getting another Oppo 203 or see if the Pioneer LX-500 play MKV with immersive audio.

I'd rather use a PC for MKV playback from my NAS over my 9000 even if it was capable. I simply can't go past the benefits of being image to utilise MadVR's image processing via the PC as opposed to the much clunkier network and file playback interface with 820/9000.
post #813 of 844 Old 09-10-2019, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
I'd rather use a PC for MKV playback from my NAS over my 9000 even if it was capable. I simply can't go past the benefits of being image to utilize MadVR's image processing via the PC as opposed to the much clunkier network and file playback interface with 820/9000.
Your right & I have a PC here that can be used for that but I really have my eyes on Envy but I'm really scared that price going to be too far out my range. I tried using my PC for Madvr but I have no clue how to set it up for home theater use. Wish someone brave soul made a youtube video explaining all this because I'm sure it's superior to any of these players.

JVC NX5 Panasonic UB820 PC Madvr
Sliver Ticket 120' Cinema white screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Pioneer Elite SC-LX801 Acurus A125x5
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY) V.B.S.S.x 4(MBM)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #814 of 844 Old 09-10-2019, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 844 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
The pioneer doesn't play mkvs. Some other formats. And all lossy only. It has even less support
Nexgen76 likes this.
post #815 of 844 Old 09-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shmooz View Post
I actually set up a return for this unit (I have 10 days to return it) and ordered another player which is due to arrive God willing tomorrow. After God willing hooking it up I will find out if the issue is specifically with the unit I currently have or it is actually an issue with the software of the UB9000. If it is the latter, Panasonic needs to be made aware of this to create a fix as this means we all have defective units.

If it turns out to be a hardware issue this will turn out to be a real mess as potentially speaking they will have to absorb the cost of recalling every UB9000 they ever sold and fixing them at their own expense unless they want a class action lawsuit. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
Sorry I was not able to chime in earlier. I just brought this unit home about an hour ago and patched it into my system. I too am using the 7.1 outputs, as my audio equipment is VERY legacy (lol)... but still very nice. With ANALOG MULTI CHANNEL set to ON, my subwoofer is receiving a signal. Unfortunately, the subwoofer output is not hot when passing audio through HDMI. This however will not affect me. Anyways, I hope your replacement works out well for you. My 77C9 arrives tomorrow (upgrading from a 7 y/o 65VT50).

Last edited by Midgetfist; 09-11-2019 at 06:06 PM.
post #816 of 844 Old 09-11-2019, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgetfist View Post
Sorry I was not able to chime in earlier. I just brought this unit home about an hour ago and patched it into my system. I too am using the 7.1 outputs, as my audio equipment is VERY legacy (lol)... but still very nice. With ANALOG MULTI CHANNEL set to ON, my subwoofer is receiving a signal. Unfortunately, the subwoofer output is not hot when passing audio through HDMI. This however will not affect me. Anyways, I hope your replacement works out well for you. My 77C9 arrives tomorrow (upgrading from a 7 y/o 65VT50).

Finally I connect with somebody who is using the 7.1 multi channel outputs from the UB9000. Thanks for your response. Are you positive you're receiving a signal or does it just look that way on the subwoofer? I would really appreciate it if you play something with serious bass and feel your subwoofer at the time to feel if you are getting vibrations from the speaker.

Also, please do the test tone from the screen that pops up after you enable the multi channel signal and please tell me if it sends pink noise to the subwoofer during the test. In my case it completely jumps over the subwoofer though it sends pink noise to all other 7 speakers.

Here is what happened with myself; I did get the delivery of the new UB9000 today and I hooked it up and set it up properly in the settings. I then tested it and got no signal from the subwoofer. It once again completely jumped over the subwoofer in the UB9000 pink noise test I just referred to above.

Just to make sure the issue was not my amp or my connections, I actually went to my second AVR (Marantz SR6013) and took the first unit and hooked it up to it. I duplicated the same tests and the same issues are still cropping up. Different amp, different ub9000, same results. Unless I am so unlucky that I received two different defective units with the same exact defect, this has to be an issue with either the UB9000 software or the actual board in the UB9000.

I do have a third amp which somewhat like yours is a legacy amp (Sony DA5000ES) (very good amp) which also doesn't have any HDMI connections but does have 7.1 inputs which I admittedly have not tested this with because it is not really hooked up to anything. (it was replaced with my Marantz)

On a side note we have the same TV's. I have the 77C9. (my Marantz is hooked up to that TV) & I also have the Panasonic 65" VT50 which I still use in the second bedroom.
(I also have a Samsung 82" Q90R)

You state 'Unfortunately, the subwoofer output is not hot when passing audio through HDMI.'

Can it be that I am somehow passing audio through HDMI despite my seemingly having turned that off and this is causing my issue? If so, can you tell me precisely what I would need to do to make sure that audio is not being passed through HDMI. Thanks.

Please also get back to me with your pink noise test results (if it bypasses the subwoofer) and the hands on by touching the subwoofer to feel if it vibrates when a bass signal is sent to the subwoofer. Thanks.

Last edited by Big Shmooz; 09-11-2019 at 10:54 PM.
post #817 of 844 Old 09-11-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Please also get back to me with your pink noise test results (if it bypasses the subwoofer) and the hands on by touching the subwoofer to feel if it vibrates when a bass signal is sent to the subwoofer. Thanks.
Yes, no pink noise during the test. It skips over the subwoofer. Maybe it is a Panasonic "thing" (as stated by someone else in a previous post) and you have to use your own test tones. As far as the 7.1, all that I did was enable it under the settings. It gave me a warning that audio would not be passed through HDMI, and I had to click through this warning with either YES or OKAY for agreement to enable 7.1. I'm definitely getting bass. My test is always the "skadoosh" scene in Kung Fu Panda, LOL. My SW is ported with dual 14 inch down firing speakers, and it lights up the whole room. However, I did reach under to ensure that they were active and almost lost my fingers. 😋 I don't know what's going on out your way, but definitely something weird. I hope you're able to get it sorted out soon. Let me know if you have any other questions. I can't look now, as I'm in my closet trying not to wake up my wife while I prepare for bed. 😉
post #818 of 844 Old 09-12-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Yes, no pink noise during the test. It skips over the subwoofer. Maybe it is a Panasonic "thing" (as stated by someone else in a previous post) and you have to use your own test tones. As far as the 7.1, all that I did was enable it under the settings. It gave me a warning that audio would not be passed through HDMI, and I had to click through this warning with either YES or OKAY for agreement to enable 7.1. I'm definitely getting bass. My test is always the "skadoosh" scene in Kung Fu Panda, LOL. My SW is ported with dual 14 inch down firing speakers, and it lights up the whole room. However, I did reach under to ensure that they were active and almost lost my fingers. 😋 I don't know what's going on out your way, but definitely something weird. I hope you're able to get it sorted out soon. Let me know if you have any other questions. I can't look now, as I'm in my closet trying not to wake up my wife while I prepare for bed. 😉

Ok, so as you say it is a Panasonic thing as far as the test tones. It's kinda weird that they would have an option to test for the subwoofer sound but then not actually have it function. But that is something I could live with if it doesn't impede the ability of the player to pass a signal to the subwoofer when playing discs.

As far as the actual subwoofer signal, from the default settings of the player are you saying you touched no settings in the HDMI section of the settings? You only set up to allow the multichannel input in the audio section of the settings? (I ask you this because I want to follow the exact same steps you went through)

Yikes about the almost losing your fingers. Sorry to have caused that...

I am glad for you though that you are getting bass. Maybe I should call Panasonic and ask them what's going on. Maybe they have some kind of fix.

Just one question... in your setup there are no HDMI cables being fed to your amp. Is this correct? You seemed to be saying this in your previous post (you mentioned your amp is quite old and HDMI was not an issue in your case) but I just want to be sure I didn't misunderstand you.

Thank you so much for your help. It is really appreciated.
post #819 of 844 Old 09-12-2019, 11:11 AM

I was only joking about losing fingers. LOL. I have HDMI going to my television only, and not to a processor or amp. I have tried all kinds of configurations to replicate your problem, and also to see if I could maintain a subwoofer signal while passing audio via HDMI (for transducers, etc). I get a subwoofer signal when the 7.1 output is activated, whether or not I have first manually activated or deactivated audio in the HDMI section. I've also been unable to maintain subwoofer signal anytime the 7.1 output is deactivated.

Last edited by Midgetfist; 09-12-2019 at 11:14 AM.
post #820 of 844 Old 09-12-2019, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hello I am new here and am wondering if any owners of both the 820 and 9000 can speak to the difference in movie audio, if any via HDMI between the two players. Is there any change in clarity, dynamics etc! For the video image via a 4k DLP projector, it sounds like it's pretty much a tie!
Thanks
post #821 of 844 Old 09-12-2019, 10:49 PM

So the 7.1 plot thickens. The UB9000 analog 7.1 outputs were working flawlessly when the player was connected via HDMI to my plasma. When I connected a new premium certified HDMI from the UB9000 to the 77C9, I lost all 7.1 outputs. I reconnected my BDP-103 to my receiver (via 7.1) and to the 77C9 (via HDMI), and everything worked fine. So... after some Goohle Fu I turned off the UB9000 and did a hard reset, which brought back everything but my front right and front side surround. I did another hard reset which brought back everything except my right rear surround. After a third reset everything is almost working again... my right rear surround cuts on and off, so I've disconnected the rears for now. Tomorrow I'm going to call and see if I can get it swapped out.

Last edited by Midgetfist; 09-13-2019 at 07:21 AM.
post #822 of 844 Old 09-13-2019, 09:12 AM
DAK

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhphoto View Post
For the video image via a 4k DLP projector, it sounds like it's pretty much a tie!
Thanks
NOT a tie. Re-read the posts carefully. For a PROJECTOR, the UB9000 has a specific luminance setting that the 820 does not have. For HDR material, it does much better job of tone mapping. For an LCD/OLED, it's a tie.
mhphoto likes this.
post #823 of 844 Old 09-13-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK View Post
NOT a tie. Re-read the posts carefully.
For a PROJECTOR, the UB9000 has a specific luminance setting that the 820 does not have.
For HDR material, it does much better job of tone mapping.
For an LCD/OLED, it's a tie.
Exactly ^^^

You know it makes one wonder if people even read any of the posting on any given Dedicated Threads ???
If any of us went back and looked this same exact question has been answered over & over & over .................

Terry
DAK likes this.
post #824 of 844 Old 09-13-2019, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK View Post
NOT a tie. Re-read the posts carefully. For a PROJECTOR, the UB9000 has a specific luminance setting that the 820 does not have. For HDR material, it does much better job of tone mapping. For an LCD/OLED, it's a tie.
The 350 vs 500 nit option did not make a difference on my jvc x990.
mhphoto likes this.

JVC X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen (Flexi-White) - ub820 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - Xbone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + AVR-3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - Dayton - BIC Sub
post #825 of 844 Old 09-13-2019, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
So the 7.1 plot thickens. The UB9000 analog 7.1 outputs were working flawlessly when the player was connected via HDMI to my plasma. When I connected a new premium certified HDMI from the UB9000 to the 77C9, I lost all 7.1 outputs. I reconnected my BDP-103 to my receiver (via 7.1) and to the 77C9 (via HDMI), and everything worked fine. So... after some Goohle Fu I turned off the UB9000 and did a hard reset, which brought back everything but my front right and front side surround. I did another hard reset which brought back everything except my right rear surround. After a third reset everything is almost working again... my right rear surround cuts on and off, so I've disconnected the rears for now. Tomorrow I'm going to call and see if I can get it swapped out.

That is a weird situation? Not that it affects me because I’m using all HDMI with the 9000, but I’m wondering if it’s a software issue instead of a hardware issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #826 of 844 Old 09-14-2019, 09:00 AM

Red face Cinema Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Exactly ^^^

You know it makes one wonder if people even read any of the posting on any given Dedicated Threads ???
If any of us went back and looked this same exact question has been answered over & over & over .................

Terry
Hello,
I have read through most of the threads extensively and my primary question is really about the potential upgrade in sound if any, via HDMI for movies. "if anyone can speak to the difference in movie audio, if any via HDMI between the two players. Is there any change in clarity, dynamics etc!"
I currently have a Pioneer LX500 that I am hoping to decide on in the upcoming week and want any insight I can get into the 9000 as a possible upgrade. I had 2 Panasonic 820's and returned them because they both would not physically load a John Wick bluray disc other players had no issues with. The Pioneeer definetly sounds different than the 820 for movies, the 820 was more immersive, while the Pioneer is more precise. Just trying to get more info before I put all my eggs in the basket. Did anyone notice a change in sound going from their 820 to a 9000?
Thanks for any help
post #827 of 844 Old 09-14-2019, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Hello,
I have read through most of the threads extensively and my primary question is really about the potential upgrade in sound if any, via HDMI for movies. "if anyone can speak to the difference in movie audio, if any via HDMI between the two players. Is there any change in clarity, dynamics etc!"
I currently have a Pioneer LX500 that I am hoping to decide on in the upcoming week and want any insight I can get into the 9000 as a possible upgrade. I had 2 Panasonic 820's and returned them because they both would not physically load a John Wick bluray disc other players had no issues with. The Pioneeer definetly sounds different than the 820 for movies, the 820 was more immersive, while the Pioneer is more precise. Just trying to get more info before I put all my eggs in the basket. Did anyone notice a change in sound going from their 820 to a 9000?
Thanks for any help
Speaking as nothing more than a layman at best.
No, I didn't notice "Any" audio difference between "Any" of the many-many DVD, Blu-ray, 4K Players.
When I say I didn't notice any audio difference playing the same disc I do mean none !!!
You know just saying this in regards to the audio and someone hearing any appreciable difference I personally would be greatly surprised.
When I'm watching, listening to say either one of the below with the UB820 or the now UB9000 there is No-Noticeable-Audio difference IMHO.

I'll take this further with showing the below hard-disk and all of them I have played with both the Panasonic UB820 and now the UB9000.
No-Audio difference at all to me.
You crank-up my 7.1 (4-Subs) and it is simply Breath-Taking as you are totally enveloped in Sound.
No-Atmos-Yet ...

You know this reminds me a little of the members comparing the Laser Projectors.
The very best comment I have ever seen went something like ..........
In reality there really-really is such very-very-small differences in any of the higher-end laser projectors that no normal consumer would ever notice.

I think the same applies to audio with the higher-end DVD, Blu-ray, 4K players.
Is there or could there be some Ultra-Subtle difference ???
Maybe, but once again no consumer would ever be able to tell the difference IMHO.

My UB9000 is HDMI hook-up ..........

Below is how mine is hooked-up for both the UB820 & UB9000 same exact way for both units.

Terry
Panson and mhphoto like this.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-14-2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added text and additional pictures for clarification ...
post #828 of 844 Old 09-14-2019, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Bitstream through HDMI all players should sound them same, they are just a transport, its the receiver/processor that does all the decoding and sound priocessing.
mhphoto likes this.
post #829 of 844 Old 09-14-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
No, I didn't notice "Any" audio difference between "Any" of the many-many DVD, Blu-ray, 4K Players.
When I say I didn't notice any audio difference playing the same disc I do mean none !!!
You know just saying this in regards to the audio and someone hearing any appreciable difference I personally would be greatly surprised.
When I'm watching, listening to say either one of the below with the UB820 or the now UB9000 there is No-Noticeable-Audio difference IMHO.

I'll take this further with showing the below hard-disk and all of them I have played with both the Panasonic UB820 and now the UB9000.
No-Audio difference at all to me.
You crank-up my 7.1 (4-Subs) and it is simply Breath-Taking as you are totally enveloped in Sound.
No-Atmos-Yet ...

You know this reminds me a little of the members comparing the Laser Projectors.
The very best comment I have ever seen went something like ..........
In reality there really-really is such very-very-small differences in any of the higher-end laser projectors that no normal consumer would ever notice.

I think the same applies to audio with the higher-end DVD, Blu-ray, 4K players.
Is there or could there be some Ultra-Subtle difference ???
Maybe, but once again no consumer would ever be able to tell the difference IMHO.

My UB9000 is HDMI hook-up ..........

Below is how mine is hooked-up for both the UB820 & UB9000 same exact way for both units.

Terry
Thank you for taking the time to relay your experiences Terry, it helps. I have to check a fourth time to make sure things are set the same internally for output on both players. I have my players physically set up the same as yours.
tigerhonaker likes this.
post #830 of 844 Old 09-14-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I was only joking about losing fingers. LOL. I have HDMI going to my television only, and not to a processor or amp. I have tried all kinds of configurations to replicate your problem, and also to see if I could maintain a subwoofer signal while passing audio via HDMI (for transducers, etc). I get a subwoofer signal when the 7.1 output is activated, whether or not I have first manually activated or deactivated audio in the HDMI section. I've also been unable to maintain subwoofer signal anytime the 7.1 output is deactivated.

In regards to losing your fingers, I kinda realized it was an exaggeration. I was only saying that I felt bad to be responsible in regard to how impactful the soundwaves were on you.

Ok, so I was right about you not having any HDMI going into the amp. I might try doing the same as it would be quite easy since I am also not using HDMI for video in my amp even though my amp is capable of putting out an HDMI signal. I only have the 'audio only' HDMI connection going into my amp. For the video, like you I have the HDMI connected directly to the T.V..

Can you please explain your last sentence as I am not sure I understand what you mean. If you have the 7.1 deactivated I would assume you would not get any signal at all since you're using a legacy amp which has no HDMI in the amp. Do you mean that you are inputting a signal to the amp via the RCA stereo connection and then not getting a signal to the subwoofer? Or do you mean that you're not getting a subwoofer signal if you deactivate the 7.1 in the UB9000 settings? If it is the latter, what output signal do you get when you deactivate the 7.1 in the UB9000 settings? 7.0?
post #831 of 844 Old 09-14-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:

Oh my gosh... So the 7.1 connections seem to be sensitive to the video signal being sent to the TV model being used? This may actually go toward explaining why I am not getting a subwoofer signal via my 7.1 setup. As I previously stated, when I output audio via HDMI everything is fine. It could be that Panasonic did not do extensive quality testing with their 7.1 not taking into account that different TV's may not react well to the HDMI vis a vis the 7.1 output to the amp. I can't really blame them for this as this issue would probably seem very far fetched since it is only affecting the 7.1 signal via a roundabout way. (the HDMI connection to the particular TV) It may yet turn out to be an issue Panasonic needs to deal with via a software update fix.
post #832 of 844 Old 09-14-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Did anyone notice a change in sound going from their 820 to a 9000?
Thanks for any help

I really wish I could help as I do own both players. However they are connected to different setups (amplifier/speakers) even to the extent that they don't have the same amount of speakers connected to each player. (9000 is set up to a 7.1 and the 820 is set up to a 3.1) Thus I could not give you a fair assessment of how the sound would change for you as obviously in my situation the sound of the 9000 is going to be better.

Also, the quality of my subwoofer(s) setup in my 7.1 system is miles ahead of my subwoofer setup in my 3.1 system.

Also, room acoustics are always going to be a factor which needs to be taken into account & my setup is in two different rooms.
mhphoto likes this.
post #833 of 844 Old 09-14-2019, 10:47 PM

Quote:

I notice in your picture that you aren't using the dedicated audio out on either players. Have you tried doing this and still not noticed any difference? Also, are both players hooked up to the same amp/speakers?
Also, have you tried using a 7.1 multichannel setup and still not noticed any difference?
post #834 of 844 Old 09-15-2019, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
I notice in your picture that you aren't using the dedicated audio out on either players. Have you tried doing this and still not noticed any difference? Also, are both players hooked up to the same amp/speakers?
Also, have you tried using a 7.1 multichannel setup and still not noticed any difference?

(1) That's correct the HDMI is connected to do Both Audio/Video see above picture where the HDMI cable is plugged in.

(2) No I have not tried any hook-up other than the way it's hooked-up right now.

(3) Yes, the UB820 and the current UB9000 are hooked-up exactly the same with the exact same settings other than the two below in the pictures for the UB9000.

(4) I'm not really sure about the Multi-Channel set-up your inquiring about ???
Both the UB820 & UB9000 are hooked up with the HDMI.

I matched all the settings from the Menus on the UB820 to the UB9000 other than the two settings in the pictures above.

Maybe I should add this ...........
The audio in my H/T system is way-way beyond Average and or good.
It is simply Awesome when there is appropriate Audio as my speakers are a matched set from JML.
They are all JML Utopia Speakers with 4-Mirage BPS400 subs.
There has never been any guest, technician, A/V owner that has not been totally impressed.
That includes Chad B. that did both the Audio & Video Custom Calibrations.
It's Breath-Taking !!!

Terry
G-Rex likes this.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-15-2019 at 09:00 AM.
post #835 of 844 Old 09-15-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I really wish I could help as I do own both players. However they are connected to different setups (amplifier/speakers) even to the extent that they don't have the same amount of speakers connected to each player. (9000 is set up to a 7.1 and the 820 is set up to a 3.1) Thus I could not give you a fair assessment of how the sound would change for you as obviously in my situation the sound of the 9000 is going to be better.

Also, the quality of my subwoofer(s) setup in my 7.1 system is miles ahead of my subwoofer setup in my 3.1 system.

Also, room acoustics are always going to be a factor which needs to be taken into account & my setup is in two different rooms.
Thanks, for my testing the players are easily accessible so I move them around and swap the HDMI cable from one output to the next.
post #836 of 844 Old 09-15-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
In my setup the speakers and amp are the same. I use the main HDMI out to send both audio and video, I have not tried using the analogue 7.1 option as I thought HDMI was the gold standard. Maybe it's worth a try though.
post #837 of 844 Old 09-16-2019, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Hi, can i usk for somethink, how is working on Panasonic UB9000 files sharing over network? I am not sure what protocol it denies, if samba or nfs. Thank you
post #838 of 844 Old 09-17-2019, 07:06 PM

Hello,

I've read that the Panasonic 9000 and 820 have identical picture quality. The review say that the main difference is the internal audio decoding.

Can anyone verify that this is true (about the picture quality). Has this already been discussed at length?

Thanks.
post #839 of 844 Old 09-17-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentero View Post
Hello,

I've read that the Panasonic 9000 and 820 have identical picture quality. The review say that the main difference is the internal audio decoding.

Can anyone verify that this is true (about the picture quality). Has this already been discussed at length?

Thanks.
Never mind. I've just done some more skimming and answered my own question. :-)
post #840 of 844 Old 09-18-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
(4) I'm not really sure about the Multi-Channel set-up your inquiring about ???
Both the UB820 & UB9000 are hooked up with the HDMI.
Terry

I was only trying to raise the point that perhaps when using the multichannel output for sound versus the HDMI output for sound, one of the players may end up sounding better than the other. I think this is a point that needs to be taken into account when deciding on a purchase of either of these players.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page