Official Pana UB9000 Owner's thread (No Price Talk) - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 227Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 697 Old 01-17-2019, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des511 View Post
Is the HDR optimiser turned on along with the above settings?
it does have the HDR optimiser, note kris deering's post below from the jvc thread, suggests the two projector modes are there. and also he intends to explore this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
I have a UB9000 here at the house already, so easy to test. And it already has to two projector modes available. I will read the metadata on it this weekend.
hopefully we get some direct feedback from @Kris Deering as always am sure it will be most comprehensive and enlightening !
Bytehoven likes this.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 697 Old 01-17-2019, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Art Sonneborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Battle Creek,MI USA
Posts: 24,171
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
I suspect its related to whether you can achieve something akin to output levels to enjoy benefits of HDR or not ? so in case of where have the luxury of output then can go with optimising for brightest highlights. where lacking a tad in output you then optimise for colours of course when brightness you achieve is dependant on projector you use but also the conditions ie throw and screen size. I run a relatively smaller screen with output up sleeve.... ie watch HDR on low lamp, iris clamped so in my case I would try the optimise for high brightness on low and high lamp, or I can also try the basic setting in low lamp and see what result I get

essentially worthless is a bit of a call ! what we have here is a first I would suggest with maker and player maker collaborating for optimising HDR with projectors ... it makes the 9000 HOT property I would suggest. I certainly would love to try it with a jvc n7
Without screen size /gain etc what can it optimize ?

Art
Art Sonneborn is offline  
post #63 of 697 Old 01-17-2019, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,180
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5980
Got the new toy in today, much heavier than expected. Like the Oppo type look, and the remote is so much better than the one the 820 comes with. Like the slight tweak on the home menu, looks a little more snazzy, updated from 1.45 to 1.47 without a hitch, and the menus are all what you would expect if you own a 820 too. I do like with the second press of the playback info button, you get the mastering data, or whatever you want to call it. I did notice the extra display type option in the HDR Optmizer menu. I'm rocking an OLED, so my choice is easy.

I also checked the output with my Denon X6500H, and it is what it should be. Basically a weighty tank version of an 820 (close in size other than depth), with more menu options.











XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
ATV4K / Roku Ultra / Uverse
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 697 Old 01-17-2019, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Art Sonneborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Battle Creek,MI USA
Posts: 24,171
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 1645
Do any of you guys have a Slim5 custom face plate for it on order or in hand ? A little early to ask I know but they probably don't have it in the data base.

Art
Spizz and jb442386 like this.
Art Sonneborn is offline  
post #65 of 697 Old 01-17-2019, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
I suspect its related to whether you can achieve something akin to output levels to enjoy benefits of HDR or not ? so in case of where have the luxury of output then can go with optimising for brightest highlights. where lacking a tad in output you then optimise for colours [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] of course when brightness you achieve is dependant on projector you use but also the conditions ie throw and screen size. I run a relatively smaller screen with output up sleeve.... ie watch HDR on low lamp, iris clamped [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] so in my case I would try the optimise for high brightness on low and high lamp, or I can also try the basic setting in low lamp and see what result I get [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

essentially worthless is a bit of a call ! what we have here is a first I would suggest with maker and player maker collaborating for optimising HDR with projectors ... it makes the 9000 HOT property I would suggest. I certainly would love to try it with a jvc n7 [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]
Without screen size /gain etc what can it optimize ?

Art
HDR via tone mapping ....

art suggest do some reading on how works via links already provided. That’s what we have at present. All this is doing is taking the pana tone mapping which works very well and working in with what projectors are capable of 🙂

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #66 of 697 Old 01-17-2019, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
 
KRGM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I talked with Robert at VE today about my audio issue but still no resolution. He doesn't believe it is a defective player and I don't think so either. All my setting seem to be correct. I am able to get audio out through optical but not the same quality as HDMI audio. Same cables work perfect with my Sony X800. I think it just doesn't get a good HDMI handshake with my MX151 processor, but that is just a guess. Robert is doing some further checking but in the meantime I'll have to use my Sony.
KRGM1 is offline  
post #67 of 697 Old 01-17-2019, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Thanks gadgtfreak for thoughts will help those with the 820 or thinking of 820 I have no doubt 🙂

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #68 of 697 Old 01-17-2019, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 16,618
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6913 Post(s)
Liked: 15524
This thing sure has my interest piqued.
alebonau likes this.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #69 of 697 Old 01-17-2019, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
DVD MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Marlboro, NJ
Posts: 972
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
havent yet, hopefully someone can answer...

I have used usb with the masciola patterns on a ub900 so suspect / hope no different with the 9000
False Alarm!!

For some reason my Seagate hard drive works perfectly with my Oppo 205 but not with the Panasonic UP-9000. I tried a thumb hard drive and everything is working fine.
alebonau likes this.

Home Theater: Stewart -100” 4 Way Sreenwall Electric Masking, JVC-DLA-NX9 Tivo Vox, Oppo-UDP-205, Roku 4K Ultra, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic UB9000 , Marantz AV8802A-7.1 SSP, Ayre K5 MP Stereo Pre Amp, Clearaudio Concept Turntable, Schitt Audio Phono Pre Amp, Rotel RB-1070, Rotel RMB-1095, Rotel RB-933, Ayre-V5xe,Vandersteen-3A Signature-Front LR, Vandersteen-VCC-5-Center, Vandersteen-VSM-Surrounds and Atmos, Dual SVS PB16 Ultras Subwoofers.
DVD MAN is offline  
post #70 of 697 Old 01-18-2019, 12:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Clark Burk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Baltimore,MD.USA
Posts: 1,951
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD MAN View Post
False Alarm!!

For some reason my Seagate hard drive works perfectly with my Oppo 205 but not with the Panasonic UP-9000. I tried a thumb hard drive and everything is working fine.
Perhaps the Seagate requires a certain amount of voltage or current and the Oppo and 9000 may be different. Good to know your thumb drive works.
Clark Burk is offline  
post #71 of 697 Old 01-18-2019, 02:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
woofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SwiftsCreek, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,428
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
I I certainly would love to try it with a jvc n7
OzHDHT and alebonau like this.
woofer is online now  
post #72 of 697 Old 01-18-2019, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer View Post
how is your one going woofer

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #73 of 697 Old 01-18-2019, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Art Sonneborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Battle Creek,MI USA
Posts: 24,171
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
HDR via tone mapping ....

art suggest do some reading on how works via links already provided. That’s what we have at present. All this is doing is taking the pana tone mapping which works very well and working in with what projectors are capable of 🙂
Thanks !

Just trying to wrap my head around how the feedback from the projector ,which can only provide output information ,can be useful when the variable the Panasonic needs is the on screen nits value. If this can be added into the mix I retract my comment..in fact I retract my comment anyway.

Art
alebonau likes this.
Art Sonneborn is offline  
post #74 of 697 Old 01-18-2019, 05:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
WOKNROX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: SoCal HiDez
Posts: 619
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 281
I sure wish this thing had an HDMI input. I'd be all over it if it.

That's the only reason to keep the OPPO now. I use the input for my Dtv to clean up the image.

I'm really loving the 820 but no input.

Last edited by WOKNROX; 01-18-2019 at 09:00 AM.
WOKNROX is offline  
post #75 of 697 Old 01-18-2019, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
@Kris Deering latest report on the 9000 from the jvc thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Just heard official word back from my engineering contact at Panasonic. YES, the UB9000's new HDR modes were developed alongside JVC! This still ends up being both JVC's tone mapping combined with Panasonic's, with Panasonic forcing a static metadata number for JVC to work with and then they are handling the roll off after that point. Here are the values for the different picture modes in the Panasonic:

Target Luminance
- OLED :1,000nit
- High Luminance Projector :500nit
- Basic Luminance Projector :350nit
- Super High Luminance LCD :1,500nit
- Middle or High Luminance LCD :1,000nit
- Basic Luminance LCD :500nit

As I mentioned I already have the UB9000 here, so I will do some testing with the combination once I receive my review unit. Honestly, I still think going SDR2020 would be the most ideal, but I will definitely look at it from both approaches!
riddle likes this.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #76 of 697 Old 01-18-2019, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 16,618
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6913 Post(s)
Liked: 15524
Anyone do a comparison or have any thoughts on this vs the Pioneer Elite LX500?

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #77 of 697 Old 01-18-2019, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Mark Booth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Beautiful California
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 98
My UB9000 was delivered today. This thing is built like a tank! Oh my, this is easily the highest quality disc player I've ever owned. SOLID!

And fast, too. It is quite noticeably faster at loading discs and all functions compared to my Panasonic UB900. Sweet!

So far, I've tried a couple of discs with the player's luminescence set for a middle to high LCD (my Sony TV is about 1250 nits). I watched a bit of Gladiator 4K in both HDR10 and Dolby Vision. The Dolby Vision looked noticeably brighter but in HDR10 with the proper luminescence output set, I could see more detail in bright objects. One example was the candle and torch flames in the camp after the opening scene. In Dolby Vision they are noticeably blown out. I recall them looking a bit blown out with my older UB900 too (which is HDR10 only). But with HDR10 on the UB9000 the flames looked perfect and natural, not excessively bright. But also not too dim or flat either.

I then loaded up Passengers 4K, which is HDR10 only. This is one of the best looking 4K HDR titles I own. It looked great with the UB900 but if I was able to instantly A/B them, I suspect the UB9000 would present an even better image. Stunning!

I very briefly played with the HDR optimizer features. There's a lot of adjustment available there. There are presets but you can also create a custom setting. I need to learn more about these settings and better understand how to adjust them for optimal image quality.

This is likely to be the last disc player I ever buy. I'm debating between selling my UB900 or keeping it as a backup, just in case.

One thing is for sure, the UB9000 just oozes with quality. Expensive, but well worth it, IMHO.

Mark
Spizz, G-Rex, OzHDHT and 1 others like this.
Mark Booth is offline  
post #78 of 697 Old 01-18-2019, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post
My UB9000 was delivered today. This thing is built like a tank! Oh my, this is easily the highest quality disc player I've ever owned. SOLID!

And fast, too. It is quite noticeably faster at loading discs and all functions compared to my Panasonic UB900. Sweet!

So far, I've tried a couple of discs with the player's luminescence set for a middle to high LCD (my Sony TV is about 1250 nits). I watched a bit of Gladiator 4K in both HDR10 and Dolby Vision. The Dolby Vision looked noticeably brighter but in HDR10 with the proper luminescence output set, I could see more detail in bright objects. One example was the candle and torch flames in the camp after the opening scene. In Dolby Vision they are noticeably blown out. I recall them looking a bit blown out with my older UB900 too (which is HDR10 only). But with HDR10 on the UB9000 the flames looked perfect and natural, not excessively bright. But also not too dim or flat either.

I then loaded up Passengers 4K, which is HDR10 only. This is one of the best looking 4K HDR titles I own. It looked great with the UB900 but if I was able to instantly A/B them, I suspect the UB9000 would present an even better image. Stunning!

I very briefly played with the HDR optimizer features. There's a lot of adjustment available there. There are presets but you can also create a custom setting. I need to learn more about these settings and better understand how to adjust them for optimal image quality.

This is likely to be the last disc player I ever buy. I'm debating between selling my UB900 or keeping it as a backup, just in case.

One thing is for sure, the UB9000 just oozes with quality. Expensive, but well worth it, IMHO.

Mark
agree Mark, amazingly well made player ! great run down on the HDR optimiser

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #79 of 697 Old 01-19-2019, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Art Sonneborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Battle Creek,MI USA
Posts: 24,171
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 1645
I'm on the list so just waiting. Sounds more than promising all around. The custom setting is the key IMO. This seems to be the missing puzzle part yet even using the presets is a nice start.

Art
Art Sonneborn is offline  
post #80 of 697 Old 01-19-2019, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
checked my player and our current firmware on the ub9000 definitely has the extended tone mapping options that are specific to the ub9000 and for projectors


"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #81 of 697 Old 01-19-2019, 09:39 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,359
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
checked my player and our current firmware on the ub9000 definitely has the extended tone mapping options that are specific to the ub9000 and for projectors
Spoiler!
Do you also have the system gamma adjustment?I find that more interesting.
Bytehoven is offline  
post #82 of 697 Old 01-19-2019, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 16,618
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6913 Post(s)
Liked: 15524
With it's HDR optimizer looks like this UB9000 is the one to get. Might be time to replace my beloved Oppo.
alebonau likes this.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #83 of 697 Old 01-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
interesting developement, see post below from @Purple X who is in japan, any one with some experience of this. The 820 doesnt have the options mentioned below,


This is assuming it the same technically as:

Output Options:
BT.2020 and HDR
Vs
BT.2020 and SDR

Options currently available on the UB820. Seems perhaps maybe they made the description less technical and more UI friendly?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FOHTech is offline  
post #84 of 697 Old 01-19-2019, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOHTech View Post
This is assuming it the same technically as:

Output Options:
BT.2020 and HDR
Vs
BT.2020 and SDR

Options currently available on the UB820. Seems perhaps maybe they made the description less technical and more UI friendly?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
the difference is the two projector options added, it has already been confirmed that the 820 does not have the projector options listed

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #85 of 697 Old 01-19-2019, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
With it's HDR optimizer looks like this UB9000 is the one to get. Might be time to replace my beloved Oppo.
I have the oppo 205, unfortunately its tone mapping doesnt really cut it ... its a great player otherwise particularly for its truly universal replay, top notch XLR balanced connections, great remote, region freeing capability and such.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #86 of 697 Old 01-19-2019, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
Do you also have the system gamma adjustment?I find that more interesting.
yes 100% above is just the display type selection. once you do that in the main menu. during the movie you can pull up "picture setting" menu via button on the remote. It allows 3 presets standard uhd blu-ray, preset 1 and preset 2. each allow selections. once hd optimiser turned on then there are host of options under the "HDR setting" selectable via the remote. I'll see if can take some screen shots when get a chance. next time I fire up for a uhd blu-ray. though might not be till next week, if anyone else is playing with their 9000 welcome top post some screen shots if convenient
Bytehoven likes this.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #87 of 697 Old 01-20-2019, 12:24 AM
Senior Member
 
tbessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just got my UB9000 today and have been playing with it a bit.

Something odd I've noticed - it SEEMS to have turned on by itself several times.

I thought maybe it was a problem with a code from another remote turning it on, but when I tried to recreate it by pressing buttons on my TV remote (which I had been using when it went on), I was unable to turn it on on purpose.

Has anyone seen this device go on for no reason? Or have a problem with another remote turning it on?

- Tim

Last edited by tbessie; 01-20-2019 at 12:43 AM.
tbessie is offline  
post #88 of 697 Old 01-20-2019, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
I just got my UB9000 today and have been playing with it a bit.

Something odd I've noticed - it SEEMS to have turned on by itself several times.

I thought maybe it was a problem with a code from another remote turning it on, but when I tried to recreate it by pressing buttons on my TV remote (which I had been using when it went on), I was unable to turn it on on purpose.

Has anyone seen this device go on for no reason? Or have a problem with another remote turning it on?

- Tim
hi tim have you made sure hdmi cec is switched off ? cant remember what it is called on the panasonic. but I make sure I switch that off on all my devices. it can cause this sort of spurious behaviour

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #89 of 697 Old 01-20-2019, 01:28 AM
Senior Member
 
tbessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
hi tim have you made sure hdmi cec is switched off ? cant remember what it is called on the panasonic. but I make sure I switch that off on all my devices. it can cause this sort of spurious behaviour
Thanks, I'll see if I can do that! It looks like it's called 'VIERA Link “HDAVI Control”' in the Panasonic world.

- Tim
alebonau likes this.
tbessie is offline  
post #90 of 697 Old 01-20-2019, 07:36 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I noticed some small 40mm fan exhaust in the rear, is it noisy?


How does it handle streaming files from the network?
I's searching for a high quality networked media player and wondering if this could be a good choice of using either an UDP-203 or a UB9000 instead of a dedicated player like nvidia's shield because of the better picture and sound quality of these players.


I've seen some video showing a UDP-203 having trouble playback 4k mkv over the network (
) does the UB9000 handle network files better/faster?
Mastaba is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off