Sony UBP-X1100ES Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #61 of 66 Old 06-01-2020, 02:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1775 Post(s)
Liked: 954
Thanks
I've tried every single Oppo ever made, and I do regret selling my old Oppo 203. So this should be good. Pity about the manual DV switch but oh well... I calibrated my Sony Z9D with a X800, so I'm taken a shine towards Sony places in general..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 06-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Here is one from X1000ES on sale. It will take some effort to identify the ICs.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-AN-160...r/163605500361
post #63 of 66 Old 06-02-2020, 02:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by priitv8 View Post
Here is one from X1000ES on sale. It will take some effort to identify the ICs.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-AN-160...r/163605500361
I clicked on the image to get the larger size image and used a magnifying glass. The farthest IC on the right, right next and in the shadow of the 1000 uf capacitor has 4452 on it.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 Old 06-02-2020, 03:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1775 Post(s)
Liked: 954
You guys are super CSI folks
That's not a bad chip.
In any case, there's more to good sound than a chip.
I recall an old battleship CD player from Rotel - the 991, which used a very basic 1 bit DAC to give very good sound.
My own experience with the Oppo 203 has been very good.
post #65 of 66 Old 06-06-2020, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Well my player has acted up the past three movies I’ve played.

First time it froze up at like the 10 minute mark and would not respond to any commands from the remote or on the front of the unit itself. I had to unplug it and plug it back into the outlet. The movie started right back where it got stuck.

After that movie the player got stuck on the loading part of the next 4K UHD disc. This time I was able to open the tray and close it by the remote. The movie immediately started playing like usual/normal operation.

Today, the next day, my daughter and friend wanted to watch another movie and it got stuck on the loading again. This time the player would not respond to remote commands or hard button commands on the unit itself just like it did when it froze up during playback of the disc.

All discs have been brand new out of the package, 4K UHD discs, I inspect each disc before putting it into the tray by rotating it with a light source shining onto the disc. None have had any smudges or areas that would need cleaning.

The player is only 6 months old and was purchased from Best Buy for X-Mas as a gift to me.

Any other have any similar issues?

I have had random audio cut-outs of maybe 1/4-1/2 seconds a few times but has been extremely random and rare issue that I think is coming from the player because I have changed the HDMI cables to try to isolate the issue. But, this has been a super rare occurrence so haven’t bothered trying to get a warranty claim. I’m using a Trinnov Altitude32 as the PrePro with nothing else in between the Sony BD Player and the PJ.

How does the warranty process work when purchased from Best Buy? Do I contact them at this point in ownership (7-8 months from receipt date) or do I go through Sony?

Thanks anyone!

Bests
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #66 of 66 Old 06-07-2020, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
My player started freezing up after almost a year and Sony replaced it. Was pretty painless. I'm not optimistic that they've actually fixed the problem with these players, though.

Denon AVR-X6300H, LG OLED55B7A, Sony UPB-X1100ES, Oppo BDP-103, Tivo Roamio OTA, Panasonic DMR-ES46V, Proscan PSLD-43, Audio-Technica AT-LP120-USB
Klipsch R-820f fronts, C-2 center, R-620f surrounds, Quintet V for Atmos, Monoprice Monolith 10", Velodyne VRP-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page