"Here Comes Blu-Ray" 1000 MGM title ready for Blu-ray - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #91 of 100 Old 10-06-2006, 12:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanewalker
Whoever fulfills the checklist above will fullfill the promise of HD-on-disc. Whether they win the marketing war ('hearts and minds') is another question. But any true HD proponent, who wants the most advanced quality experience IN THE LONG RUN, will have to explain to me why we should sacrifice any points on the checklist above. Otherwise, you have nothing but an emotional opinion to offer on this thread or any other in the forum...nothing else.

In short: you fanboys who don't want to face reality need to go find another place to give each other bloody noses. Adults here want to have a conversation.
Good post, shanewalker, well said!

NilsP

Life is better in HD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 10-06-2006, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zuber
Just a quick question. If HD-DVD is "half the cost", why is Toshiba going to be selling a $1000 player? Price gouging? And you left out the $500 PS3 for some odd reason.

You HD-DVD supporters really need to update your talking points! :D
Right, Toshiba is releasing a $1000.00 player....But they also have an $800.00 player and a new $500.00 player....not to mention the A1 which is $500.00 but can be had for cheaper.

And if you want to talk game consoles....You can get the $500.00 PS3, or if you have a 360, the $200.00 HD-DVD add on(600.00 if Buying both 360 and add on)

Personally, I don't know who is going to buy the PS3 for a stand alone BD player...just don't see it happening. Maybe a few people will. But the Hardcore GAMERS( You know, people who play video games) are going to be snatching those up for months.

But back to price points....The advantage again goes to HD-DVD....soooo many options.

As for BD stand alones you have one: $1000+......except if your really lucky and get a PS3.
post #93 of 100 Old 10-06-2006, 12:46 AM

As for talking points....Sony really needs to update theres....promises promises promises promises promises promises promises promises promises promises promises promises
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 100 Old 10-06-2006, 01:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxxx
ummm....yeah right. You honestly believe that people will line up in droves to get $1000+ BD players when HD-DVD has a great buzz on the street....is half the cost...and BD is still be bludgeoned with bad press?

Your crazy.
I said no one will be buying the BR players in any great nembers because of cost.
post #95 of 100 Old 10-06-2006, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trgraphics
I guess you didn't bother to read my post, did you. I said no one will be buying the BR players in any great nembers because of cost. Perhaps english isn't your first language?
I wasn't responding to your post.

As far as english being my first language....Maybe you should adjust your sentance structure.

"Perhaps english isn't your first language?"

Thats more of a statement of opinion than a question...but hey, your the English Professor.
post #96 of 100 Old 10-06-2006, 02:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Then why did you quote me and then call me a "crazy". By the way. Great start for someone with 33 posts.
post #97 of 100 Old 10-06-2006, 02:29 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckshop
here is the exact quote:

AS per normal - certain posters tend to change the wording and meaning of the stories they highlight.... :rolleyes:
I'm not sure what you meant here - as the quote re-inforced exactly what I said. Which is that they have converted them to Hi Def and the are ready to encode to Bluray when the time comes. Since it is not actually encoded to Bluray yet, they could encode to just about anything that pleases them. While we know they are currently Bluray only, if that changes you could see lots of these on HD DVD also.

But the main point I made was that that are most likely on D5 right now, otherwise he would have said "1000 films already on Bluray" which he didn't...

About all I did wrong in that post was say "not ready for Bluray" when I meant "not on Bluray", so I can understand some folks confusion - for which I happily apologise.
post #98 of 100 Old 10-06-2006, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trgraphics
Then why did you quote me and then call me a "crazy". By the way. Great start for someone with 33 posts.
Great start???? Do you really think I care what you think of me....I am so heart broken. yyyaaaaaawwwwwnnnnn.....moving on, you have destroyed my life.
post #99 of 100 Old 10-06-2006, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 243
trgraphics and neoxxx, your posts have been reported. We don't make personal bashes around here. I hope this thread gets closed.

Chet
post #100 of 100 Old 10-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 1813 Post(s)
Liked: 3586
time out (for the thread)

some members may get a time out (suspension) as well

please take the high road in every post:do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it
HDMI.org:what a mess HDCP = Hollywood's Draconian Copy Protection system
LG C9 OLED owner

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page