"A deal I could'nt refuse"//Went format neuteral - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-11-2007, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Picked up a Sammy BD P1200 today...$480.00 shipped...But the trigger-puller for me was 18 months NO PAYMENTS and NO INTEREST..
Mx XA-2 has a playmate..
Like everyone else on these boards...I am a movie lover first and foremost ..and I just want to sit back and watch what appeals to me in the best PQ available..and want to be be prepared for whatever the future brings...and I will assure you that no matter the outcome,I will not regret my decision(s) one iota.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You have to jump at the opportunity to have something today that you can hopefully afford tomorrow. Welcome to the American credit dilemma. No offense intended; just making a joke.

Hello World!
post #3 of 10 Old 07-11-2007, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodges69 View Post

Picked up a Sammy BD P1200 today...$480.00 shipped...But the trigger-puller for me was 18 months NO PAYMENTS and NO INTEREST..
Mx XA-2 has a playmate..
Like everyone else on these boards...I am a movie lover first and foremost ..and I just want to sit back and watch what appeals to me in the best PQ available..and want to be be prepared for whatever the future brings...and I will assure you that no matter the outcome,I will not regret my decision(s) one iota.!

Congrats. Now you need some movies.
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-11-2007, 11:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm also a neutral XA2 owner, but jumped on the PS3.

I like movies first and foremost and will buy the format that yields the best quality or price (quality first). While many here say this is blasphemy, there are plenty of HD-DVD titles that lay the smackdown on the BD version (best example: T2).
post #5 of 10 Old 07-12-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:

Mx XA-2 has a playmate..

Congrats Just a little heads up, you probably already know this...Make sure you are not late on those minimum payments. If you are late on 1 payment in the 18 months that nullifies the no interest and they will actually back charge interest for the previous months. This happened to me in college but luckily the the total was less than $100 I just paid the whole thing off.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:

Mx XA-2 has a playmate..

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I would have waited for this player (BD-P1400) it meets all of BR 's specs. If you like IME and internet support, you like a lot of others, will be upgrading come September.
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...or_Release/759
post #7 of 10 Old 07-12-2007, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeusleep View Post

Congrats Just a little heads up, you probably already know this...Make sure you are not late on those minimum payments. If you are late on 1 payment in the 18 months that nullifies the no interest and they will actually back charge interest for the previous months. This happened to me in college but luckily the the total was less than $100 I just paid the whole thing off.

I appreciate the heads up..there are NO monthly minumum payments.....18 months...no interest nor payments...that was the deal maker for me..
And since I could'nt care less about PIP nor extras...and have a 30 % hearing loss in one ear...this BP player would fit me just fine..
post #8 of 10 Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 101
The important thing to know about these deals is; you MUST pay the balance in full before the 18 months is up, or you will get charged for all the accrued interest. So, divide the full amount by, say, 17, and pay that ammount every month, that way you'll stay out of trouble.

BTW, on the 1200, great choice! I just got one, and I love it.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-12-2007, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I would have waited for this player (BD-P1400) it meets all of BR 's specs.

Yes but it does not have REON as the 1200 does.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-12-2007, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakenergy View Post

Yes but it does not have REON as the 1200 does.

Bingo.
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page