! HDMI Audio not supported - Samsung BDP-1200 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-14-2007, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 31
My Samsung is connected to my PJ via HDMI. I am just using the coax digital to my Denon receiver (my receiver does not do HDMI). Whenever I load a disc DVD or Bl-ray, whenever it goes to a different menu level (or at the berginning of the film, once the film starts it is OK) it says the title warning on the screen. This happens irrespective of the audio format chosen. Also I am not really using the HDMI audio. IS there a way to avoid this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 63
HDMI is auto sensing the projector protical and is finding no support for HDMI audio input, hence the error message. No big deal. The Samsung pass HDMI audio regardless if there is other audio connections if it finds support for HDMI audio input.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm007 View Post

HDMI is auto sensing the projector protical and is finding no support for HDMI audio input, hence the error message. No big deal. The Samsung pass HDMI audio regardless if there is other audio connections if it finds support for HDMI audio input.

Actually it is a big deal because that message will pop up every time you skip chapters. Sure you can turn off the on screen messages but that removes other valuable information. I returned my 1200 because of this very issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 09-15-2007, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
This problem is not isolated to the 1200. I have a Samsung HD960 1080p upconverting player and it does the same thing. I turned off on screen messages and that took care of it. I did not miss anything that I could tell. However, my 1200, hooked up to the same TV, does not do this so I can't explain the difference. Hook up is identical except I have analog outputs as well as optical in use on the 1200. Same exact HDMI to the display.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-14-2008, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel72 View Post

This problem is not isolated to the 1200. I have a Samsung HD960 1080p upconverting player and it does the same thing. I turned off on screen messages and that took care of it. I did not miss anything that I could tell. However, my 1200, hooked up to the same TV, does not do this so I can't explain the difference. Hook up is identical except I have analog outputs as well as optical in use on the 1200. Same exact HDMI to the display.

Thanks for this post as the popup was driving me nuts too. Just turned off screen messages and popups are no more.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-14-2008, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I turned off screen messages too and it got rid of that annoying "angle" popup in a few movies like Ratatouille. I'm not sure what other messages I might be missing, but no problems so far.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-14-2008, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmos View Post

I turned off screen messages too and it got rid of that annoying "angle" popup in a few movies like Ratatouille. I'm not sure what other messages I might be missing, but no problems so far.

As long as I can watch an entire movie without popups, I could care less what I am missing.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Fast-forward and rewind speed indicators are what I miss.

Having to disable ALL of the on-screen display indicators really sucks, it's a fine machine otherwise.

I wonder why Samsung can't/won't fix this bug?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page