"Con Air" Freezes On Samsung 1400 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-24-2007, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This movie starts to play, but then locks up in certain places on the disc...Can anything be done?...I guess I need to return this piece of crap... Pioneer Elite 95 here I come!...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-25-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:

This movie starts to play, but then locks up in certain places on the disc...

Does it lock up when there are subtitles of some kind (place names, things like that) on the screen?

I ask because Disney has used the multi-angle feature of DVD in the past for doing different languages. Basically, if you select a French (or whatever) soundtrack, the titles and any forced subtitles like place names will use the angle feature to change to the selected audio language. I know the 1400 has a problem with some type of seamless branching because Spiderman 2 locks up the player at any branching point. I'm wondering if Disney is doing something similar on the Blu-ray Con Air.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-25-2007, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

No it just locks up at random spots during the flick...Frustrating!...I have taken the 1400 back and swaped it out for another...We'll see what happens....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-25-2007, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Ok...update. The new 1400 seems to play Con Air without issues, but there are other problems with this new unit. For example, when I go to the Main menu and start clicking on tabs, I can only go so far and then the unit shuts down!...Like if I want to change the resolution, I can only see the menu, and then I can click on audio, but when I select something in audio like 1080P well the instant I click on 1080P the unit shuts down! Another thing...If I try to skip chapters it shuts down!..Weird.... Needlees to say, this units going back tomorrow. Frustrating. Hope my Pioneer gets here soon!
post #5 of 5 Old 10-27-2007, 10:30 AM

I have posted this in several other threads containing the BD-P1400.

For those of you experiencing trouble with the Samsung BD-P1400 in the form of audio dropouts or picture freezing please send me a private message with the details, including the type of AVR that you are currently using. I would like to have this information well documented for my conversation with Samsung. Thanks.

Larone Stevens

Bringing People & Technology Together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page