Need spot lighting for foosball table - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-20-2010, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a small dedicated room in the basement for my tornado cyclone foosball table, and I want to add some lighting that only lights up the table. I want the room to be dark and the table to be well lit, will make the games much more intense that way.

Thing is my ceiling is only 7 feet, and the floor joists above are running perpendicular to the the foosball field.. So I can't recess lighting very easily.
I am also concerned that spot lighting will cast shadows from the men on the field, something I definitely do not want..

Any ideas? Does anyone have a similar setup, a dark room with a bright foosball field? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-20-2010, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We've had a Tournament Tornado for many years. You can find and buy special ceiling flush lights that allow their cone of light to be adjusted.

We took the easy way and used decorative chain to hang a commercial light over our pool table and a commercial pool table type light over our foos.

By simple adjusting the light you can limit the light to ONLY illuminating the table leaving everything else in the shadows. We recently pulled to pool table sized light from over the foos and replaced it with a much smaller, square "Moon Maid" Miller Beer fixture - probably originally made to hang over tables in a bar or tavern but, again, by adjusting the height this fixture only shines down on the table.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-20-2010, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks jay ill look into that
thing is the ceiling is only 7" high and I'd like to be able to see my opponents so hanging a light is out of the question for me. Something that can mount flush but still only project light straight downward without throwing shadows on the table from the men would be ideal.. just not sure this can be accomplished.

perhaps 2 flourescent tubes on the ceiling parallel to the table in a balast with the interior reflective surfaces being covered in black velvet, with short fins coming down on each side parallel to the tubes to block the light from traveling outwards beyond the edges of the table.. hmm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page