Epson 5030UB and help with screen selection - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-31-2013, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am considering the Epson 5030UB for my first projector. I am planning on a rear shelf mount or a wall mount.  Light coming into the room is not an issue however my walls are a light tan which is a concern because I read the Epson 5030UB is geared toward theater rooms with dark walls and is best with a white screen.  I have been thinking that a grey screen would be best for my room due to the light tan walls but I don’t want to hurt the picture quality by going with the wrong color screen. Will picture quality or contrast be compromised with the 5030UB and using a grey screen instead of white?  I could also look at other projectors, I had considered the Optoma HD25-LV with a grey screen which my uncle has. Any recommendations on screen for a room with light tan walls and for the Epson 5030UB?  I was looking at a grey screen from Elite screens but it said it was best with low contrast DLP projectors. Is that how all grey screens are? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-27-2014, 01:03 PM

Liked: 11

I am in the same situation and was wondering what screen you ended up getting?  Thanks for the reply

post #3 of 6 Old 03-03-2014, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

I went with screen innovations 120 in. Performance fixed lunar grey .85 4k screen. I got everything up yesterday, it looks good but I haven't had time to mess with it much or do any type of calibration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-24-2014, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 2569
Any updates or impressions on the gray screen with the Epson 5030UB? Common man, don't leave us hanging. biggrin.gif

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #5 of 6 Old 04-24-2014, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

I think it looks great. I am happy with the brightness of the projector on the grey screen and also that I am able to have some light in the room when watching sports instead of watching in a completely dark room. I have the projector mounted at about 15 ft 9 in from screen which is the recommended distance. I don't know what color walls you have but if you have lighter colored walls I would go with a grey screen.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-24-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 2569
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewwoock View Post

I think it looks great. I am happy with the brightness of the projector on the grey screen and also that I am able to have some light in the room when watching sports instead of watching in a completely dark room. I have the projector mounted at about 15 ft 9 in from screen which is the recommended distance. I don't know what color walls you have but if you have lighter colored walls I would go with a grey screen.

Thanks for the update and the recommendations.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page