Pioneer VSX-90 ATMOS 7.2/5.2.2
Asus Chromebox/Kodi & VidOn Box
XboxOne & Toshiba HDDVD A3
Dayton ProSUB 1200
Aura Bass Shakers
Yamaha NS-IW280C In-ceiling Speakers For ATMOS
3 InWall Traid Silver LCR Speakers
Definitive Technology SR-8040BP BiPolar Surround Speaker

It took me 1 month to put all these together.
I am using moving blanket as blinds, this make the room very dark with no daylight.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I like your room. It shows what a person can have with a little time and money. (Not sure "cheap" applies with the chairs, sound, game systems and PJ.)

#4 ·
I like the blankets or "light reducing acoustic treatments". What percentage of light do they stop? My blackout curtains should be called "somewhat light reducing curtains".

#9 ·
What do you use for ventilation in your media closet? I have a similar setup with my media rack in a closet. My room is upstairs so it gets a bit hot during the summers in TX. I normally don't close the door but it is about 8ft away from the seating area so can't really hear it. How close to the closet are you?

#10 · (Edited)
I am using a Standing fan i bought from target..

When the AC is running the room is cool enough but i thinking of buying Dyson Blade less fan for the media rack.

I leave the closet door closed when i watching a movie or playing games,leave it open when i am done..

#11 · (Edited)
Hi..

Can you please post some pics with the Projector ON. I just want to see how the picture of any blueray movie looks. And by the way. Pioneer Receivers are awesome. I sold my SC-1222 yesterday and the new SC-81 Elite is on its way :) YES!!!!!.... From many receivers I had in the past (Marantz SR6003, Onkio 616, Denon 3311, Yamaha 475, and Pioneer 823), I have to say Pioneer SC1222 is the BEST RECEIVER. Second on the list the Denon 3311 and Pioneer 823. Awesome Audio for Movies and Music as Well. I want to try the Elite lines now! :)

Im thinking seriously in upgrading my 65" Plasma Panasonic TV with a Projector. Im on the research now on the $800-$1200 budget. On my list so far is the BenQ W1070 and Epson Cinema 2030!

#13 ·
Hi....

Sadly the SC-81 does not comes with Atmos. Atmos starts on the SC-85 model. This model will be release on Sept and costs about $1600 !!...
As for projectors; I knew BenQ is DLP and Epson is LCD. How does this BENQ looks vs a Panasonic Plasma HDTV or Samsung LED?
What I still dont know is the difference between DLP and thos 0.7 DLPs.!! ... I was unable to find more info about it.

#15 ·
Very good use of the space. I also think the moving blankets as blackout curtains is a very smart and efficient way to keep the light out of the room.

#21 ·
Amazing setup, I envy people with spare rooms who can do this. What are those white pages taped on the wall for?

#23 ·
That's great.
I don't see a BluRay collection anywhere, or do you have a separate room dedicated to media storage?

#27 ·
I was dumb and only clicked your build-thread-link AFTER responding to a post in the w1070 thread.
This looks like an awesome room. :)

#29 · (Edited)
New and Improved Film Noir 2.0

New and Improved Film Noir 2.0

Equipements:

BenQ W1070 /124 DIY AT Spandex Screen
Yamaha RX A-3050 ATMOS/DTS:X 7.2.4
Asus Chromebox Kodi
XboxOne & Toshiba HDDVD A3
2 Dayton ProSUB 1200
Aura Bass Shakers
4 Yamaha NS-IW280C In-ceiling Speakers For DOLBY ATMOS
3 InWall Traid Silver LCR Speakers
2 Polk Audio OWM5 Surround Speaker LR
2 Yamaha NS-IW470 Surround back LR

#30 ·
I have seen several threads on using spandex, they tend to vary widely.

How did you go about making yours? Framing material, layout of the bracing, etc
What weight spandex did you use? source?

Ultimately, how does it look? Overall and compared to the previous screen.

I'm asking because I am considering making my own this winter. Currently have a 106" Elite, would like to go larger and AT.

Thanks!

#34 ·
That DIY screen looks awesome!

#41 ·
New Home Theater Setup

Hardware List

Beebox-S Series (Kaby Lake) 2D/3D WINDOWS
ZIDOO X8
eGreat A5
LG 75UH8500 3D HDR Super Plus Dolby Vision
XBOX ONE S ULTRA BLU-RAY/HDR GAMING
PS4 PRO 4K GAMING
MARANTZ SR7011 DTS X/ATMOS 5.1.4/Auro-3D 9.1
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY SR-8040 RR/RL
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY PRO 1000 L/R
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY CS8040 HD CENTER
POLK OMW3 ATMOS/DTS:X AURO 3D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.