HD cable box to receiver not working - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-27-2014, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question HD cable box to receiver not working

I just got an HD cable box and it is hooked to the CBL/SAT input on my receiver via HDMI. My other things(PS3, blu ray player) is also hooked via HDMI to its own receiver input and finally I have an HDMI out from my receiver to my TV HDMI in. I switch my TV input to HDMI1 and everything works except for cable. There is no picture and no sound(screen is just blue). Does anyone know why the HDMI set up works for everything but my cable box?

I found a solution, but I'm not sure if quality is lost. I connected my cable box via HDMI directly to my TV HDMI2 and for audio, I used the red/white cable from cable to receiver's CBL/SAT red/white.

There is a digital audio output on my receiver AND my TV. There is also a digital audio input on my receiver labeled TV/CD. I'm not sure I should do with these. I'm currently using HDMI1 for everything but cable and HDMI2 for cable(red/white for audio).

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-27-2014, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4796
The cable box output is apparently set to hdmi (it appears so since it works hooked up directly to tv); similarly I'd check the input in your avr is assigned to hdmi before going to an alternate connection method. Post up specific make/model of the avr (and usually all gear when you have issues, makes it easier for people to look at manuals).
post #3 of 3 Old 12-27-2014, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by yell04boy View Post
I just got an HD cable box and it is hooked to the CBL/SAT input on my receiver via HDMI. My other things(PS3, blu ray player) is also hooked via HDMI to its own receiver input and finally I have an HDMI out from my receiver to my TV HDMI in. I switch my TV input to HDMI1 and everything works except for cable. There is no picture and no sound(screen is just blue). Does anyone know why the HDMI set up works for everything but my cable box?

I found a solution, but I'm not sure if quality is lost. I connected my cable box via HDMI directly to my TV HDMI2 and for audio, I used the red/white cable from cable to receiver's CBL/SAT red/white.

There is a digital audio output on my receiver AND my TV. There is also a digital audio input on my receiver labeled TV/CD. I'm not sure I should do with these. I'm currently using HDMI1 for everything but cable and HDMI2 for cable(red/white for audio).

Thank you

Hook the cable box to one of the other receiver inputs and see if it works from there. Likewise, you can also attach your ps3 or blu-ray to the CBL/SAT input to check whether the input is defective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
cable box , hdmi , receiver , stb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page