It has been a while, but I have news!!! I guess we can start with the good news, which is that we now have actual theater seats
We went with the Lagoon seats from RTheaters.com, and we are VERY happy with them. The price was right, shipping was right on time, and they fit my small room
We went with the leather/vinyl as opposed to the bonded leather. Nothing wrong with the bonded leather. I know eng-399 has the same seats in bonded, and they have held up great. Just waned to go leather/vinyl and since we only have 3 seats the price was negligible.
I can tell you we are definitely using the room more now that we have comfortable seats! It was worth the wait to get some nice seats
Now for the less than good news. So as you may or may not know, all of my gear is in our office to the side of the "theater". That office shares a wall with a bathroom/laundry room. One day I saw some water around the toilet, and assumed it needed a ring or something so I shut the water off and we stopped using it. At some point it got turned back on, and we were using it again, but everything seemed OK. That is until my wife went into the office and saw this.
So I turned the water off again, and we got everything to do the toilet. Before I had a chance to install anything though (mind you I am also in process of redoing my entire garage) she noticed the water is worse in the office. So now I am faced with trying to figure out, is that just water that was under the floor from when the toilet was on and it is just coming through now, or is something else going on. Luckily for me my work has a thermal imager that I was able to bring home. That showed me right away that the drywall on the office side was wet.
Not the best pic but that green is the wet (cold) area compared to the rest of the wall.
That didn't quite tell me if the wall was just soaking up water, or if the water was originating from inside the wall. The wall itself looked completely normal on the outside, but I just figured I need to chop it out anyway so I don't have a mold problem. It was total mush, and when I pulled out a piece I got sprayed with water! There was a tiny pin hole leak in one of the joints for the cold water supply.
Got the piping replaced, and closed it back up (not my finest work, but it will finish fine)
I got around to getting the first layer of mud on yesterday, which means I am running out of reason to NOT tear everything else apart. We need to empty the room, which not only means disconnecting all of my gear, but also loading everything into the theater. Then out comes the floor, sanding, patching, sanding, painting, new floor, new trim, move everything back. The only part about this that actually upsets me, and has been making me put it off for so long is not being able to use my theater
I will be nice when its done, and it will give me a good chance to clean up my rack wiring as well.
Well that is all for now. I have some plans floating around my head after eng-399's get together. I am thinking about new subs one of these days! That is on the back burner for now though, I have enough other projects to finish up. Once the office is back together I will get some new good pics of it and the room. In theory that should be before Thanksgiving (since we are having people over), but we will see how it goes.