Videoprojector in living room, looking for advice - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-13-2015, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Videoprojector in living room, looking for advice

Hello everyone,

I'm moving in a new flat in less than a month, and my friends gave me a budget for my birthday to buy a videoprojector. I'm strongly leaning towards the Benq w1070.

However, I've taken a look at the living room of the new flat, and I'm having difficulties finding the right way place it, as it's not a dedicated room which means I have quite a few constraints ...

Here's a plan of the living room attached, sorry if it's not very clear.

At the top of the plan, there are two windows, a big, double one on the right, and a small one on the left. It's roughly 3meters wide and 6 meters long.

At first I was thinking of projecting on the left side wall. However, since this part of the room is close to the kitchen (botton left, "cuisine"), it's probably where I'll want to have the dining table. So I think it wouldn't be easy to project with the table in the way.

I was also thinking that I'd like to be able to view the image projected from the couch, and have a view from the big window (not easy).

So I was wondering if it would be possible to have a motorized screen just in front of the window and have the couch on the opposite wall, if it's not too problematic ? Or if you had any other suggestion ? Maybe put a shelf in the middle of the room and place the screen on it ?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice on this matter !

ps : I would also like to avoid fixing the projector on the ceiling, as I think it would look ugly with the cables
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	salonimage.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	476034  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-13-2015, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 41
make sure your screen has some sort of "blackout" treatment to its reverse side to keep light from the window from washing out your image.

underachiever extraordinaire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page