Getting started on finishing the basement tomorrow, which will include a bar and general home theatre / entertainment area.
About the space:
- 1450 SF
- 8' walls - open web joists with steel beam, so no bulkhead/soffits to worry about
- 2 spare bedrooms, one will be shared as an office
- Full bath
- Play area for kids
- Utility room (where AV rack will be located)
- Bar/entertainment/theatre area
The plan is to have a plasma mounted on the wall with a motorized screen in front. Currently shopping for the plasma before stock runs too low. I just missed out on an F8500 last weekend, so kind up upset about that.
I'm hoping to install a 135" 16:9 screen. It would need to be AT and preferably tensioned, which seem to be pretty pricey in the digging I've done so far. I'd like to have it recessed into the ceiling between joists.
The projector is also TBD
. I'm keeping an eye on pricing for the Sony HW-40ES and 55ES.
Currently own Klipsch system consisting of:
- L/R: RF-82
- C: RC-62
- RS: RB-61
- Sub: Currently have a cheap Polk sub, but plan to build two marty subs (SI-18? UXL?).
I plan to wire for Atmos/MDA and purchase 4 in-ceiling speakers. Not decided yet, but would like to stick with Klipsch unless I have a good reason not to.
Currently own a Denon 2311, but will upgrade once DTS MDA is supported (hopefully along with Atmos). I like Audyssey so will probably stick with Denon or Marantz in the future.
- 50% movies (PS4/HTPC for now)
- 25% gaming (PS4 & PC)
- 15% TV (HTPC)
- 10% music (HTPC)
Pictures and floorplans to follow...