2.1 Speaker for gaming/small room - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-03-2015, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: somewhere in CA
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 1
2.1 Speaker for gaming/small room

I'm looking for a 2.1 speakers that have RCA inputs (red&white). Must have a good quality subwoofer.
ANy recommendations?
darrenchristoper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 04-03-2015, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jayn_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,367
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Budget? What does "good sub" mean to you?

The red and white (rca) inputs can be adapted to the 3.5mm plug that most of these systems have. Be careful though. I have seen the RCA plugs with both line level and speaker level outputs. You need to check whether the jacks are for amplified or unamplified signals. The suggestions below assume the signals are unamplified.

In the $150 range, try these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMed...s=2.1+speakers
jayn_j is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 04-03-2015, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: somewhere in CA
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayn_j View Post
Budget? What does "good sub" mean to you?

The red and white (rca) inputs can be adapted to the 3.5mm plug that most of these systems have. Be careful though. I have seen the RCA plugs with both line level and speaker level outputs. You need to check whether the jacks are for amplified or unamplified signals. The suggestions below assume the signals are unamplified.

In the $150 range, try these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMed...s=2.1+speakers
OK thanks... budget is $100. I'm not sure about the jacks.... I have a Sony Bluray player with HDMI and RCA ports.... Are the signal amplified or unamplified?

Hmmm good sub.... If I can hear a deep explosion from my PS3, that would be a good sub.

Last edited by darrenchristoper; 04-03-2015 at 10:38 AM.
darrenchristoper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 Old 04-03-2015, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steve1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern, Va
Posts: 2,116
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 539
I have the Logitech z623 and the sub will wake up the dead. I got mine a couple of years ago for $106 so they do go on sale.
steve1106 is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 04-03-2015, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jayn_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,367
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenchristoper View Post
OK thanks... budget is $100. I'm not sure about the jacks.... I have a Sony Bluray player with HDMI and RCA ports.... Are the signal amplified or unamplified?

Hmmm good sub.... If I can hear a deep explosion from my PS3, that would be a good sub.
Those will be unamplified. Your original post made me think you were hooking to a computer. No specific recommendations at $100. I would suggest you go to amazon and search "2.1 speaker system"
jayn_j is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 04-04-2015, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: somewhere in CA
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayn_j View Post
Those will be unamplified. Your original post made me think you were hooking to a computer. No specific recommendations at $100. I would suggest you go to amazon and search "2.1 speaker system"
not too cheap though like $50 speakers.... maybe around $80 to $100.... thanks for your help.
darrenchristoper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off