Blu-Ray color problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-12-2016, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Blu-Ray color problem

I recently upgraded my Home Theater equipment, getting a Sharp LC-70UE30U UHD TV, a Harman Kardon AVR 1710 receiver, and a Sony BDP-S6500 Blu-Ray player. I just hooked up the Blu-Ray player last night, and I'm having a problem. The player replaced another Sony Blu-Ray player, a BDP-S390. That one worked fine, but I wanted the upscaling of the 6500. I hooked up the new player to the existing HDMI cable, which goes to the HK receiver. The various app and setup screens look good. I'm able to watch Netflix and stream from my media server throough the Blu-Ray player and the picture is gorgeous. However, when I play a Blu-Ray the picture has a very magenta tint. I tried a couple different Blu-Rays, and also a couple regular DVDs with the same result. I tried replacing the HDMI cable but that didn't help. I factory reset the Blu-Ray player with no change. Assuming I had a bad Blu-Ray player, I exchanged it for a different one (same model), but I'm still getting everything looking very magenta. I doubt that 2 players have the same problem (weren't even bought in the same state), 2 different HDMI cables didn't help, and the tv and receiver are on the same settings which worked great with the old Blu-Ray player. I don't know what else to check. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page