Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-03-2016, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New surround receiver

Hi.
I was looking for a new surround receiver, but I have to work overseas for 6 months in a couple of days, and therefore I wanted to wait till I got home to buy one. However, I found out that a website has the Marantz 7010 on sale for about 1200$/850£, due to it being the last years model. So I was wondering if I should just buy that, and have it waiting for me when I get home?
Originally I was planning on buying either the NAD 758 or the Denon X3300W when I got home, so the Marantz is a step up price wise. If any of you have any input on this I'd appreciate it very much, since I can't really deside if I should just get the Marantz now.
Hope you can help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-03-2016, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked: 897
No. AVRs continue to evolve and increase in functionality very rapidly. So you'll likely get more for your money in 6 months.

And worse, buying an expensive electronic item just to have it sit while half of the warranty ticks by is not in your best interest.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo / blocked Photobucket links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix them.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-04-2016, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The warranty is 3 years here, so 6 months shouldn't be a problem. But I under stand what you say, I didn't think that they evolved so very much from year to year. But thanks for the input, I'll probably wait then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
Denon , Marantz , Nad , receiver , surround

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page