Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
ISO TV mount w/ 47" horizontal motion
[edited 10/7 to be far less mathy and focus on wall]
tl;dr I am looking for a wall mount that will let me move and rotate a TV between two viewing positions 47" and 40° apart.
I have a 9 month old and I need to get my TV off its stand (picture 3). Ideally, it would be able to sit stably in two positions -- in the corner of the room (blue position in picture 4) and in front of the pocket door (red position). I have no idea if such a mount even exists -- putting 70 pounds on an arm that has to be at least two feet long and hang off of a wall seems pretty insane to me.
All told, I'm looking for something that:
- Supports a 65", 70lb television.
- Holds the TV 26" off of the floor.
- Is stable in two positions (see picture #4):
- Blue: In the corner (21" out from the wall, 0" horizontal from the mount, 40° relative to the wall)
- Red: Across the doorway (0" out, 47" horizontal, parallel to wall)
Does this kind of thing exist?
- The wall is not solid; the pocket door slides into it.
- I'd rather not completely destroy the wall.
- I'd be open to building something, but I'd much rather buy.
- It would be awesome if it could also allow the TV to face the doorway, but that's just a dream.
Last edited by sdesiano; 10-07-2017 at 10:52 AM.