tigerhonaker's Home Theater phase # 1of being Up-Dated August 2018 ... - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 305Likes

post #271 of 541 Old 05-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Cars and audio are all about moving air. The more air they can move, the faster and louder you can get.

Engine bore x stroke = woofer Sd x Xmax.
tigerhonaker likes this.

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 541 Old 05-09-2019, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 2421 Post(s)
Liked: 1693
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post

Terry
Why did you make her get on her knees? LOL

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120" screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M | Funk Audio subs | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson Tech MAs | Surgex XR 315 | GIK room treatment

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8 |
post #273 of 541 Old 05-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Thumbs up

Roflmao!!!!!

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 541 Old 05-10-2019, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 999
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Why did you make her get on her knees? LOL
Hey Reed,

I can assure you No-One including me is ever going to (Make) Cathy Honaker get on her knees buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1Fanatic View Post
Roflmao!!!!!

Terry
post #275 of 541 Old 05-10-2019, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Question Let's discuss ATMOS if in-fact you actually have it ???

Guys,

Audioguy and any other AVS member,

Chuck, Below are pictures from Dolby on what they say is the correct Atmos Ceiling Speaker locations for 6 ceiling speakers.

I want to discuss with you since I know you have 6 ceiling speakers for your Atmos.
I'm doing all this here on my thread so I didn't put this over on your's and possibly take your Thread Off-Topic to Atmos.
My thoughts are that this is correct or why would they (Dolby) post this as the correct positions/placement.
There are so many (Opinions) over on the dedicated two (2) Atmos threads I'm just not even going to either of them.

It seems to me this should actually be simple if ?????????

(1) You have the physical room for six (6) Atmos Ceiling Speakers in DEPTH ???
(I'm referring above to their Depth some areas cannot have the Deeper size Atmos speakers)

TRIAD Atmos I'll be going with,

https://www.triadspeakers.com/produc...-silver-9-sat/

Enclosure Size (H x W x D)

13½ x 13½ x 8⅞"

(2) That there is room for the six (6) Atmos speakers period ???

(3) That you have the physical room to place the six (6) Atmos ceiling speakers to where Dolby says in the below diagrams ???

Fortunately, my H/T has the needed space to put mine exactly where Dolby says ...........

So, Chuck or anyone that actually has six (6) Atmos speakers and you could put them to where Dolby says please jump in and say something.

The below Diagrams are right from Dolby:
As you can see I CROPPED them so they are Super-Easy to READ !!!

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-10-2019 at 12:39 PM.
post #276 of 541 Old 05-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Talking

I only have a Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 (7.1.2 phantom rear) setup. My receiver does not have pre-outs to do external amplification, except for subwoofer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181231_231433.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	518.4 KB
ID:	2564978   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181231_231419.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	675.1 KB
ID:	2564980   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181231_231341.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	2564982   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181231_231315.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	567.2 KB
ID:	2564984  
tigerhonaker likes this.

Last edited by BP1Fanatic; 05-10-2019 at 12:16 PM.
post #277 of 541 Old 05-11-2019, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Post I have made the final decisions on the Atmos components ...

Guys,

I have now made the {Final-Decisions} on my Atmos components.

I'm going with the Triad 6-Ceiling Speakers above in my post with the pictures of them as well as the videos I posted.

The Triad speaker grills will be in, Black Paint Finish see below.

I have just as of yesterday finalized my decision on the Power-Amplifier.
I'm going with the Marantz MM8077 that will be an excellent match to my new Marantz AV8805 Pre-Amp processor.

https://www.us.marantz.com/us/Produc...oductId=MM8077

And the existing Marantz AV8805 recently installed and Custom Calibrated by Chad B.

I am now waiting for the install proposal from in Nashville, TN.
(And saving the monies for the Atmos of course)

https://wolfhilltechnologies.com/

Things are coming together nicely,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-11-2019 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added additional pictures and information to post ...
post #278 of 541 Old 05-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Wow! So you are going to have the the 1st 8805 pre-out to the 2nd 8805 pre-out to the 8077 for the Triads?

post #279 of 541 Old 05-11-2019, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Wow! So you are going to have the the 1st 8805 pre-out to the 2nd 8805 pre-out to the 8077 for the Triads?
Well to say things in a simple as possible way.
The AV8805 Marantz will trigger the Marantz MM8077 Power 7-channel amplifier.
In other words one simply picks up the Marantz AV8805 remote and touches on and the Marantz MM8077 power amplifier will also come on.

Simple, straight forward ............

Terry
post #280 of 541 Old 05-11-2019, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Well to say things in a simple as possible way.
The AV8805 Marantz will trigger the Marantz MM8077 Power 7-channel amplifier.
In other words one simply picks up the Marantz AV8805 remote and touches on and the Marantz MM8077 power amplifier will also come on.

Simple, straight forward ............

Terry
Terry,

Can you detail why you chose the Marantz over the Monolith? From performance standpoint, it seems like the Monolith is much, much, more stout. And it is a lot cheaper, too.

I'm specifically thinking of the fact that the Marantz is rated at 150wpc with 2 channels driven, into 8 ohms (at least according the site I was looking at). The Monolith, on the other hand, is rated at 200wpc, all channels driven, at 8 ohms...or a whopping 300wpc, all channels driven, into 4 ohms.

The Monolith also has a trigger input, as well....so I don't know if that is an issue?

Anyway, I don't know your listening levels, or future plans, but I am curious as to what steered you away from that Monolith. Did the heft of it (it weighs 48 lbs more than the Marantz, it seems) factor in?
tigerhonaker likes this.

Shane
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell
- The Unemployment Basement Project -

Last edited by Shane661; 05-11-2019 at 01:56 PM.
post #281 of 541 Old 05-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm going with the Marantz MM8077 that will be an excellent match to my new Marantz AV8805 Pre-Amp processor.

And the existing Marantz AV8805 recently installed and Custom Calibrated by Chad B.

Terry
Those statements sound like you are running 2 AVR's plus external amplification.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fRYDGz3.png
Views:	32
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	2565588  

post #282 of 541 Old 05-11-2019, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Terry,

I'm still following your thread...love your updates.

I won't be able to sleep tonight so I need to tell you this. Whoever is selling you this equipment for Atmos is selling you a golden egg when you only need an egg.
There is no scenario in this World that you need a Marantz amp to power Atmos speakers. I know you read up on it so I'm sure you also know how "little" these speakers are used in a majority of scenes/movies(there are always exceptions). As long as you are aware that these Triads and a Marantz amp is WAY overkill I won't feel so dirty....and I'm sure you'll be happy with the end result. This is coming from someone with over $8k in subs so believe me I am talking the talk and walking the walk.

Enjoy your theater in good health with your wife and keep those pictures coming!
R Johnson and tigerhonaker like this.
post #283 of 541 Old 05-12-2019, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane661 View Post
Terry,

Can you detail why you chose the Marantz over the Monolith? From performance standpoint,

it seems like the Monolith is much, much, more stout.

And it is a lot cheaper, too.

I'm specifically thinking of the fact that the Marantz is rated at 150wpc with 2 channels driven, into 8 ohms (at least according the site I was looking at). The Monolith, on the other hand, is rated at 200wpc, all channels driven, at 8 ohms...or a whopping 300wpc, all channels driven, into 4 ohms.

The Monolith also has a trigger input, as well....so I don't know if that is an issue?

Anyway, I don't know your listening levels, or future plans, but I am curious as to what steered you away from that Monolith.
Did the heft of it (it weighs 48 lbs more than the Marantz, it seems) factor in?
Shane,

I'll try my best buddy so here goes in order of importance to me buddy .............

(1) The Monolith is sold directly from the manufacturer to the customer and in my case I don't like doing my business like that.

(2) I ALWAYS-ALWAYS much prefer doing my business with a local Company and keep the monies local versus outside Companies that don't HELP support the Local Economy IMHO.

(3) Power wise the Marantz exceeds the maximum power the Triad calls for so the Monolith with additional power is just extra FLUFF.
(Triad power specs:
Recommended Amplifier Power
25 - 125 W)

(4) Cost, in my case money does matter but if I can I'll always pick matching components if I can so in this case I could so i did go Marantz.

(5) The trigger thing really has nothing to do with my choice I was just mentioning it as a comment as both Amps have that.

(6) Speaking of the almost 100 Pound Weight of the Monolith I suppose that's up to the purchaser and that alone made no difference to me.

Hope the above answers your thoughts and questions buddy.

Quote:
Those statements sound like you are running 2 AVR's plus external amplification.
Sorry , if I came across like that let me see if I can say it in a different way for further clarification.

I now have the Marantz AV8805 Pre-Amp Processor.

When I finally have the money to add Atmos I'll be going with the Marantz MM8077 7-channel power amplifier.
It delivers power and detail, and is rated at 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms, and 180 watts per channel into 6 ohms.

Hope the above ^^^ clears things up my baddddddddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_tonn View Post
Terry,

I'm still following your thread...love your updates.

I won't be able to sleep tonight so I need to tell you this.
Whoever is selling you this equipment for Atmos is selling you a golden egg when you only need an egg.
There is no scenario in this World that you need a Marantz amp to power Atmos speakers. I know you read up on it so I'm sure you also know how "little" these speakers are used in a majority of scenes/movies(there are always exceptions).
As long as you are aware that these Triads and a Marantz amp is WAY overkill I won't feel so dirty....
and I'm sure you'll be happy with the end result.
This is coming from someone with over $8k in subs so believe me I am talking the talk and walking the walk.

Enjoy your theater in good health with your wife and keep those pictures coming!
two_tonn,

As you will see I added some additional (Smilies) to your above post for some FUN buddy.

Okay here is the scoop buddy .........

1st I want you to be able to sleep like a baby tonight so I better do an excellent job on what I say in this post.

I could have actually went with Atmos ceiling speakers that retail for like $125.00 US dollars each.
I also could have gone with a 7-channel power amplifier for like $599.99 on Amazon.
And if I had done the above I would have Atmos and from my understanding (Obviously I cannot confirm personally) it would work and sound great per what some of my buddies have said to me on AVS.

Now that I've gotten the above out of the way ..........

I am not one of those people that chooses to operate on a Budget.
To further clarify that ^^^ I don't have to have the BEST or the Top-of-the-Line as if I was one of what some of us refer to as the 1-Per-Centers.
I simply try my best to have what makes sense to me for my budget even though in reality I could do things for a heck of a lot less for a FACT and I know that.
Next month this fellow typing this (Me) is going to be 74 years old.
And we didn't elect to have any children and in my case I didn't leave any children in Vietnam.
So, buddy, I go as far as I possibly can with my Cars as well as this House and also the Custom Home Theater in regards to excellence and place the cost aside as long as I feel like what I do is within our budget.

If we were running buddies like my Long-Term Car & Home Theater buddy Tom Cochran in San Antonio, TX. this is exactly what I would say to him below.
I don't want a $125.00 dollar any speaker nor do I want a $599.00 dollar power-amplifier and since I don't have to I'm not going to.
Now I realize that what I just said above ^^^ could be possibly taken by anyone as me being an Outspoken Smart-Ass or even a Braggart.
All I'm doing here is saying what I would to a very-very long term 76 year old buddy that we can and do confide in one another in a 100% Totally-Truthful way.
I don't really think that is the way the greater majority of people are in this world and certainly not on an internet site to strangers.
Just thought you might actually appreciate me actually saying how things really are with what some of us refer to as NOT (Sugar-Coating) it.

Sometimes it is nice just to share things in an honest and straight-forward manner,
Terry
TL5 likes this.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-12-2019 at 08:44 AM.
post #284 of 541 Old 05-12-2019, 09:19 AM

Terry,

Thanks for the very detailed response! One thing that really surprised me about the Monolith is that it is "designed, engineered, and assembled in the United States of America". I am really surprised that they can keep the price so reasonable, and also carry a 5 Year Warranty. I know there was some expectation that they would switch over to overseas manufacture, but apparently that hasn't happened...yet?

I am sure the Marantz will be more than enough for your application...and if it is what you really want, there is no other choice!

Shane
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell
post #285 of 541 Old 05-12-2019, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

I like how you keep it REAL in this thread Terry!

post #286 of 541 Old 05-13-2019, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Terry,

Thanks for the very detailed response! One thing that really surprised me about the Monolith is that it is "designed, engineered, and assembled in the United States of America". I am really surprised that they can keep the price so reasonable, and also carry a 5 Year Warranty. I know there was some expectation that they would switch over to overseas manufacture, but apparently that hasn't happened...yet?

I am sure the Marantz will be more than enough for your application...and if it is what you really want, there is no other choice!
Monday morning,

Hi Shane ...........

The rest of the Story on the "Monolith".
Actually what got me onto the Monolith was when I saw the videos of it and it being produced here in the USA.

And in my case I immediately contacted

I found out then that the "Monolith" is ONLY sold from the Manufacturer to the Consumer not any Authorized Dealer.

So, for me that did it I was immediately out and one Major reason is,
No-Support from my local A/V Dealer that would be doing the install.

That's when I decided, okay can't do the "Monolith" so I'll just go with the Marantz MM8070 and have matched components even with greater Front-End cost.
But, in doing so I can simply pick-up the phone and call my guy and everything will be handled if there ever is any issues with the Marantz.

I'm NOT into doing installs and certainly NOT into A/V Gear that has to be packed-up and sent back to the manufacturer by (Me) that weighs 100 Lbs.

Shane, I'm an older guy and have paid the price many-many times over on NOT doing the Smartest/Wisest thing.
That's why now I (Think) and do extensive research (Before) making my final decision/decisions.

Quote:
I like how you keep it REAL in this thread Terry!
I try my best my AVS Internet Buddy to provide Factual information and I also make it a point to answer questions in a straight-forward-manner.
I am of the opinion Adults prefer HONESTY over a Snow-Job.

Terry
post #287 of 541 Old 05-13-2019, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Ditto!
tigerhonaker likes this.
post #288 of 541 Old 05-13-2019, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Post For those interested I had a recent Guest from North Carolina ...

Guys,

I actually just now thought about sharing a post from Tim that flew in from Charlotte, North Carolina last Sunday May 5th 2019.
He is in the process of building a Custom, State-of-the-Art, Home Theater.
Tim is what many of us would certainly call a professional for sure.
He had a business appointment near Franklin, TN. where I live on Monday morning in Manchester, TN.
So, he wanted to drop by and hang-out with me and share the Home Theater and that's what we did.

This is what we watched below and the system was definitely CRANKED-UPPED !!!

This post will be from his Dedicated Thread on his build so you might also like to check that out.

Click on link below to Tim's Custom build,

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...ld-thread.html

TMcG,

With the above being said below is the link to what Tim had to say about his visit last Sunday.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...l#post58039852

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-13-2019 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Rearranged the post with the text .....
post #289 of 541 Old 05-17-2019, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Guys,

I have now made the {Final-Decisions} on my Atmos components.

I'm going with the Triad 6-Ceiling Speakers above in my post with the pictures of them as well as the videos I posted.

The Triad speaker grills will be in, Black Paint Finish see below.

https://www.us.marantz.com/us/Produc...oductId=MM8077

I am now waiting for the install proposal from in Nashville, TN.
(And saving the monies for the Atmos of course)

https://wolfhilltechnologies.com/

Things are coming together nicely,
Terry
Congrats on your migration to atmos. I’m a recent convert and it is freaking awesome. I hear fantastic things about triad. I’ll follow to see when you get everything up and running
tigerhonaker likes this.

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
post #290 of 541 Old 05-17-2019, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post
Congrats on your migration to atmos. I’m a recent convert and it is freaking awesome. I hear fantastic things about triad. I’ll follow to see when you get everything up and running
Ediddy,

Well I do know now what I want all that has to happen is for me to acquire the necessary (Funding).

I am looking forward to having Atmos

Terry
post #291 of 541 Old 05-17-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Ediddy,

Well I do know now what I want all that has to happen is for me to acquire the necessary (Funding).

I am looking forward to having Atmos

Terry
I know the feeling ...I acquired the necessary funding to go atmos and now I’m broke 💸💳💸. lol I have to work on getting a projector next

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
post #292 of 541 Old 05-17-2019, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
I know the feeling ...I acquired the necessary funding to go atmos and now I’m broke 💸💳💸. lol I have to work on getting a projector next
Ediddy,

Well buddy in my case Atmos I surely do want.
But it's gonna have to wait it's turn .................

In the morning at 10 AM I will be at Audi Nashville to pick-up my new 2019 Audi RS3 I ordered back in January 2019.

Here it is as of a few hours ago waiting for me to come get it.
That's Trey Lee my salesman giving me the 2-thumbs-up. LOL !!!

Terry
llang269 likes this.
post #293 of 541 Old 05-17-2019, 07:25 PM

That’s beautiful! Very nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tigerhonaker likes this.

post #294 of 541 Old 05-18-2019, 10:36 AM

About 400 hp? Nice.

Shane
post #295 of 541 Old 05-19-2019, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
That’s beautiful! Very nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not to Shabby especially when seen in person.

Quote:
About 400 hp? Nice.
That's correct and it is pretty Bad-Ass

Terry
Shane661 likes this.
post #296 of 541 Old 05-20-2019, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

Very nice car! Do you plan on attending any HPDE's (High Performance Driving Event)?

post #297 of 541 Old 05-20-2019, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Very nice car!
Do you plan on attending any HPDE's (High Performance Driving Event)?
In my case I will not be attending any (High Performance Driving Event) with mine.
Just not my thing.
I grew up in the Muscle Car era where we all did the 1/4 mile Drag-Strip thing.

I'm now (June) going to be 74 yrs. old so I just want to enjoy the RS3 on the street.

Below is the Link to me taking delivery of it on Saturday May 18th 2019 if your interested.
The post over on Audi World is extensive with lots and lots of detailed pictures.

Click on link below,

Saturday May 18, 2019 Delivery pictures of the RS3 in "Tango-Red-Metallic" ...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...1#post25318953

Terry
post #298 of 541 Old 05-20-2019, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Have fun with it on the street!
tigerhonaker likes this.

post #299 of 541 Old 08-20-2019, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Thumbs up Samsung Split-Unit being repaired for Vibrating/Rattling noises ...

Guys,

I called the owner of Hiller Plumbing & Heating the other day.
The reason was the Samsung split-unit unit located in the H/T (Home Theater) for sometime has had a Rattling/Vibrating noises going on.
I could work around it by manually lowering the fan speed to low.
That semi worked but as months have rolled by since having the new JVC RS4500 laser projector installed.
It's become much more of an issue.
With outside Heat-Index for summer temperatures being around recently 100-Plus degrees.
And this house being all brick.
The H/T temperatures can and do rise so I do need to adjust the fan speed on the higher speeds.
Due to watching a lot more 4K and 4K HDR content both from hard-disc as well as streaming it from Amazon Prime, Netflix, Dish, Hulu etc.
The RS4500 is running on High-Laser so the H/T needs to be really much-much cooler.
So, finally I decided to touch base with the owner, Jimmy Hiller and explain to him what was going on.
He talked with Chris Klaver his HVAC Manager and Chris sent out his top tech for Split-HVAC-Units as well as the Tech Supervisor.
They took the unit apart and found "Multiple-Broken" parts off the main drum that blows the air out.
They also at the same-time replaced the motor as a precautionary sort of thing.
They reassembled it and also went outside and cleaned that unit while they were here.

It now is once again Silent and I can now run it on Full Automatic or adjust the fan-speed-manually.
I'm trying 70-degrees now that the blower speed is back up where it should be.
It is once again blowing Super-Cold-Air out.

Yes guys I did install the cover on the Rear JML speaker just as a Safety thing.

Dale is the HVAC Supervisor and Jason is the Senior Tech for Split-Units.

You can see the broken vent.

I changed the Low Fan Speed to Medium and the temperature back to 70-degrees

They actually Cleaned both the Samsung & Carrier outside units

Well it's another Super Hot and High Humidity day here so glad this is now done.

Terry
Craig Peer likes this.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.
post #300 of 541 Old 08-21-2019, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hi Terry,

Hey, buddy, glad you got that Samsung Cooler repaired.
You have high heat like we do in Texas so having the unit at 100% is definitely needed.
In addition getting rid of the irritating sound from the broken unit must be a relief.

Glad to read that you are enjoying more 4K/HDR material these days.
Being in your home theater is close to what it must be like in heaven.

Cheers,
Tom
tigerhonaker likes this.

7.2.4 / TV: Sony XBR-85X900F / Mains: B&W 2 x 702 S2 + HTM71 S2 / Surrounds: 4 x 706 S2 / Atmos: 4 x SVS Prime Elevation on-ceiling / Subs: JL Audio Fathom f113 v.2 / Receiver: Denon AVR-X8500H 13-ch / Amp for LCR: Rotel RMB-1585 5-ch, 200W-ch / BD Player: Oppo UDP-203 4K / Turntable: Revox B790 / DirecTV + Roku Ultra 4K / Power: Furman Elite-15 Pfi / Fans: 2 x AC Infinity Aircom T10 / Blackout Curtain: Electric w/remote / Ethernet: Netgear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page