tigerhonaker's Home Theater phase # 1of being Up-Dated August 2018 ... - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 202Likes

post #421 of 436 Old 12-25-2019, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1Fanatic View Post
Merry Christmas to you too guy!
It's the fellow from Ohio in the USA,

Hello and ...............

Left Click on Link below,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Merry Christmas GIF.gif
Views:	16
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	2658836

Hey buddy check-back later next week and hopefully Charles and I will have met in person and gone over the Triad 3-Opinions for Atmos.

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 436 Old 12-26-2019, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Speaking of TN, my son was telling our family the possiblity of moving to Memphis when he graduates from Cincinnati in the spring. He said he got an IT job offer from a company there. He went to Tennessee State before transferring to UC and starting all over.

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
post #423 of 436 Old 12-26-2019, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Speaking of TN, my son was telling our family the possibility of moving to Memphis when he graduates from Cincinnati in the spring. He said he got an IT job offer from a company there. He went to Tennessee State before transferring to UC and starting all over.
I cannot really offer any legit comments on Memphis other than ..............
From what I have heard Memphis can be somewhat "Dangerous" in certain areas.
But, I really doubt your son would be silly enough to be caught in those areas and especially at Late-Night.

I had a really close buddy I use to work with years ago and at one time he lived in what I think was called, Georgetown area in Memphis.
(I'm doing this from memory ^^^)
Anyway I use to drive over to his apartment complex on Friday night from Franklin and we would head-off to Tunica for gambling.
Loved doing those darn Slot-Machines.
That was years and years ago but it sure was FUN .............

Name:	Tunica 2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	2659084

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 12-26-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 436 Old 12-26-2019, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

I hear you! I can't believe how the city of Nashville let Charlotte Road or Street split the scenery. It's like no money is ever put into the Tennessee State side of the road the last time I was there.

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
post #425 of 436 Old 12-26-2019, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
I hear you! I can't believe how the city of Nashville let Charlotte Road or Street split the scenery. It's like no money is ever put into the Tennessee State side of the road the last time I was there.
Nashville we hardly ever drive to as it is to us a nightmare to deal with the traffic.
We live in Franklin which is I-65 South from Nashville and about 20-25 miles.
Nashville is a really-really fast growing City !!!

Terry
post #426 of 436 Old 12-26-2019, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

I have no idea about I-65 or Franklin, TN. My wife is from Norcross, GA. I pass thru your state on I-75. I haven't been to Nashville since 2014 or so. We use to stay in the hotel attached to or besides Vanderbilt's football stadium when we visited our son.

post #427 of 436 Old 12-26-2019, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
I have no idea about I-65 or Franklin, TN. My wife is from Norcross, GA. I pass thru your state on I-75. I haven't been to Nashville since 2014 or so. We use to stay in the hotel attached to or besides Vanderbilt's football stadium when we visited our son.
Well Big-Guy if you were to see Nashville now you would be one very-very-SURPRISED fellow.
It's a Big-City now and one of the fastest growing Cities in the USA.

We don't go to Nashville unless we have no other choice.

Name:	Nashville 1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	2659124

Name:	Nashville 2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	2659126

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 12-26-2019 at 12:48 PM.
post #428 of 436 Old 12-28-2019, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Post This is a Post to All AVS members & Guest that follow this Thread ...

Hello,

Guys I just did a lengthy post on the JVC RS4500 dedicated thread as that's what I own.
But, I think what I experienced could just as easily happen and take place with any of you and your projectors or other H/T gear.
I don't think I should do a complete double-post but I will add the title as well as the link if any of you are interested.

Guys a worthwhile story I want to share with all of you ...

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ul...l#post59010142

Just something to Think about and Consider guys in all your more expensive H/T purchases.

Terry
Jive Turkey likes this.
post #429 of 436 Old 01-10-2020, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quoted: 7430 Post(s)
Liked: 8987
Hey Terry - it's a new year and a new decade - perfect for moving to those Atmos in ceiling speakers. What's happening with those ?
post #430 of 436 Old 01-10-2020, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Hey Terry - it's a new year and a new decade - perfect for moving to those Atmos in ceiling speakers.

What's happening with those ?
Greetings Brother Craig,

Well I know I have not said anything about the New Atmos as I have been patiently waiting on a couple of sources.

Charles, and of course Steve Colburn to provide Charles with the three (3) Triad Ceiling Speakers choices.

So, here is what has recently taken place as of Wednesday.
Charles contacted me and then came by in person for a 1 on 1 discussion as well as to look at the ceiling in person again.
We did go over everything in "Detail" but he is making revisions to his Three (Final-Cost-Proposals) to me.
Also he needed to know what I was going to do so he could provide that feedback to Steve Colburn at Triad.
Steve is then going to send further information back to Charles based on my final decision.

So, bottom-line next week Charles thinks he will have the requested "Final" information from Steve C. (Triad) and Charles will also then have his "Final" three (3) Cost-Proposals completed for me.

There is a lot and I do mean a lot of information that I will be posting hopefully this coming week once I hear back from Charles at

Also, the final decision has been made on which 6-channel amp for the Atmos 6-ceiling-speakers that also will be disclosed next week.

Charles did make a suggestion that if I was willing to wait to have that Deep-Black area rug installed he could save me on the overall cost since they would already be here doing the Atmos system.

I can say with 100% certainty this is going to be an "Awesome" Custom-Atmos-System for a FACT buddy !!!

Terry
Craig Peer likes this.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-10-2020 at 11:32 AM.
post #431 of 436 Old 01-10-2020, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member

Cool!

post #432 of 436 Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Post I have now made my Final choice on the Atmos System, January 17th 2020 ...

Greetings,

I think all of you that follow this thread will like the fact I will personally not be texting all that much on this post.
The reason being there is not really a lot for me to say other than the following comments:

I think when a person gets extensive help from another person or persons we should acknowledge them.

One of the most important person to me in this Atmos System Project is a fellow AVS member named Tom Cochran in San Antonio, Texas.
I'm not going to bore all of you to death with Tom and my lengthy history knowing one another.
We go back to when we both had the Limited Edition 2008 40th Anniversary Bullitt Mustangs.
The actual thing that started our lengthy friendship was I found out on a Bullitt Mustang internet site that Tom was recovering from Prostate-Cancer-Surgery.
When I read that I got his personal information from his salesman a guy named George that sold Tom his Bullitt Mustang.
With having that information and also noting Tom's age being some years older than me and also being a widower living by himself.
I decided to get a Manly Card and included it it a Gift-Card for Gasoline for that newly acquired Bullitt Mustang once Tom would be back driving it.
That led to the start of our personal relationship and we both found out that not only were we both highly interested in cars but also Home Audio/Video.
So, here is the Wrap-Up guys ...........
Tom actually did an extensive Up-Grade to both his Audio as well as Video over a year ago.
In doing that Up-Grade he took a step up from mine (H/T) and also added the Atmos on-ceiling 4-speakers.
So, Tom since then has been in constant touch with me and us discussing Atmos in-depth.
What Tom "Volunteered" to do was, while visiting his older brother Cal Cochran with also a high-end A/V media room without Atmos.
Tom would pick certain Atmos disc and watch and of course carefully listen to them with his brother.
Then he would do the exact same thing at his home and compare what he heard.
Keep in mind guys Tom has been doing the above for months on months.
Of course Tom then would immediately call me and go over what his personal take was and believe me guys he didn't Soft-Pedal his comments.
He also did one other thing for me over that time-frame and that was to explain in detail what his system sounded like with NON-Atmos material.
His Denon can Simulate Atmos like my Marantz AV8805 so he also covered that with me in detail as well.

Below is picture of the front of Tom's A/V Media Room and some components like the New Sony 85" Flat-Screen T/V.

Also, if you recall I mentioned Tom and I both are very-very much into the car thing.
We both had new 2017 V/W Golf R cars and we both Special ordered the 2019 Audi RS-3 Limited Edition cars.
Below is Mr. T. Cochran with his new Audi RS-3.

So, Thank-You so much buddy for hanging tough with me all these months and not getting an attitude as I constantly was asking/inquiring about the Atmos.
Thanks to you and your contribution to Real-World I did make the decision to move forward on acquiring Atmos for my Custom-Home-Theater.

The next person I wish to Thank is none other than Charles (Wolf-Hill-Technologies) owner.
We go way-way back with the A/V thing and I will say he does possess a great deal of patience when dealing with me.
I say the above guys as I am overly Anal and I know it so my questions Never-Ever-End but Charles stays calm and collective.
I have No-Doubt I wore him out on this Atmos System Project as it's been discussed for probably a year or more.
I will readily admit that even though I have a lengthy history with him I am not a trusting sort of fellow at all.
I want and insist on Facts not Opinions when it comes to a new addition to my H/T.
(Especially what I consider/opinion Super-Expensive)
I'm not rude but I don't except what I refer to as Gray-Area I want the Facts and I want to know where those Facts are coming from with Documentation to back them up.
Thank-Goodness that he is and was well aware of how I am so went the Extra-Mile to Deliver exactly what I wanted.

I Thank-You Charles Dyck "Wolf-Hill-Technologies".

I'm done with what I have to say other than my sincere appreciation to Steve Colburn as well as Jim Laughlin at Triad.
You both have went beyond the Call-of-Duty and Delivered exactly what I asked Charles for when he was talking/consulting with you.

My hope is that some of you have found the above informative.

Terry
post #433 of 436 Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 2383 Post(s)
Liked: 1672
I hate to be the first one to ask....was it really necessary to spend $3,000 for 300ft of speaker wire?
doni01 likes this.

Theater room: Sony 45es | 120" screen | Panasonic BDT500 | Rotel RMB-1077 | Outlaw Audio 976 | Klipsch RP-280F/RP-450C/RP-160M | Funk Audio subs | MiniDSP 2x4HD | Crowson Tech MAs | Surgex XR 315 | GIK room treatment

TV Room: Panny 60 inch | Rotel RMB-1075 | Rotel RSP-1068 | Axiom Audio M60/VP150/QS8 |
post #434 of 436 Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
I hate to be the first one to ask....was it really necessary to spend $3,000 for 300ft of speaker wire?
That is actually a very good question. I am curious as well on what kind of wire was it
post #435 of 436 Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 5231 Post(s)
Liked: 4145
That is a SERIOUS INVESTMENT in adding those 6 speakers. I am sure you will love Atmos. What processor are you using that supports 7.x.6?
post #436 of 436 Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Terry,

That's a lot of money for an audio enhancement.
In the same ballpark as your JVC in fact.
This certainly is not what I would do.
But it's all about what you want to do.
You have carefully researched the options and made a decision.
I hope you get much enjoyment from the Atmos upgrade!

Ron
jdlynch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page