Soundbar / Project Help Required - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-24-2018, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Soundbar / Project Help Required

Good Morning Everyone,

So first of all, I am a complete novice when it comes to projectors/soundbars so I apologise in advance if what I am about to ask is either stupid or completely the wrong idea.

I recently bought a Viewsonic PJD7720HD projector to use occasional with my xbox, tv box (for football) and firestick for films on Netflix.
I naturally assumed (as I am a newbie with this kind of thing) that I would connect my source to the projector, and then connect my projector to a soundbar I am purchasing (Samsung K850)

However when receiving my projector, I realised this wasn't as simple as id assumed as the only audio out on the projector is a 3.5mm jack port.

So theory one ....If I connect my source to the soundbar via HDMI, can I then run another HDMI from the soundbar to a video source (either my projector or my tv depending on my mood) and then just mute the sound from that other source so audio only plays from the soundbar?

Theory two.....I read an article someone that talks about HDMI + audio cables? but I wasn't quite sure if this would help my situation?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. All I want is video to play from either my TV or Projector, and sound to play only from my soundbar.

Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
projector , samsung k850 , soundbar , viewsonic pjd7720hd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page