Room Treatments - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-09-2018, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Room Treatments

I was thinking of upgrading my speakers but was persuaded in the DIY forum to focus my funds on room treatments.

The room is about 15'x15' and isn't a dedicated theater so there are some issues to work around. It has windows all down the left side, a door in the front right corner, and there is WAF. I can't just slap an acoustic panel on the back of the door or on the ceiling for example.

The setup is just 5.1. Fusion 8s across the front, Volt 6s in the rear corners, and an RS 18" for the lows. Nothing as fancy as most of you.

I have a tentative plan to run by you guys, but am looking for feedback as I don't really know much about treating a room.

Four of these, one in each corner. The benefit with these is on the corner with the door it can sit flat behind the door and I can shove it in the corner when I want. These would go on the floor in the front corners and half way up the wall in the rear corners, above the couch. https://www.acoustimac.com/cbt424

Five of these across the back wall, maybe just four. https://www.acoustimac.com/review/pr...266/category/5

I don't think I can put anything directly behind the speakers due to WAF. I will add something above the desk if I feel like it needs it

A few bad pics for reference. I didn't clean the room for you guys, sorry. Let me know if I'm making any mistakes or if you have any suggestions. I'm trying to keep everything under $800. Appreciate any feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181207_224737_1544413211896.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	2494434   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181207_224757_1544413241984.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	2494436   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181207_224801_1544413267548.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	2494438   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181207_224807_1544413288880.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	2494440   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180910_232723_1544413341104.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	2494442  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-11-2018, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiosq View Post
I was thinking of upgrading my speakers but was persuaded in the DIY forum to focus my funds on room treatments.

The room is about 15'x15' and isn't a dedicated theater so there are some issues to work around. It has windows all down the left side, a door in the front right corner, and there is WAF. I can't just slap an acoustic panel on the back of the door or on the ceiling for example.

The setup is just 5.1. Fusion 8s across the front, Volt 6s in the rear corners, and an RS 18" for the lows. Nothing as fancy as most of you.

I have a tentative plan to run by you guys, but am looking for feedback as I don't really know much about treating a room.

Four of these, one in each corner. The benefit with these is on the corner with the door it can sit flat behind the door and I can shove it in the corner when I want. These would go on the floor in the front corners and half way up the wall in the rear corners, above the couch. https://www.acoustimac.com/cbt424

Five of these across the back wall, maybe just four. https://www.acoustimac.com/review/pr...266/category/5

I don't think I can put anything directly behind the speakers due to WAF. I will add something above the desk if I feel like it needs it

A few bad pics for reference. I didn't clean the room for you guys, sorry. Let me know if I'm making any mistakes or if you have any suggestions. I'm trying to keep everything under $800. Appreciate any feedback.
I'd suggest going to the Dedicated Theater Room thread (even though this isn't Dedicated) and look for the Master Acoustical Sticky thread at the top of the page. You'll probably receive better answers there, as those that are well versed in Acoustic Treatments subscribe to that thread and a better shot for you to receive some good input. One thing you don't want to do is just randomly start placing absorption panels, etc. as you can hurt your sound much more than help it.

Tony
post #3 of 3 Old 05-19-2019, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Would it be better to do 2'x2'x6" traps in the top of the corners where it meets the ceiling or to use bigger 2'x4'x6" traps in the middle of the corners. I would say the top measures about 7 db louder than the middle at the corners. I can't fit the four foot traps in at the top due to speaker placement and a door. I'm not sure what's more important, amount of coverage or placement. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page