The time has come to start my next theater. This build will be much different from my last one. My first build for most of you that don't know was a completely unfinished basement. This basement is already finished so I am just trying to retro fit in a theater. This house is also a home that I plan to be in for possibly the next couple years before looking to buy something bigger. This basement is much smaller than my last build so I'm going to do what I can with the space. I was given the go ahead to do what I want so I'm excited to get to use my equipment again! I'm attaching some pictures of the space currently and my attempt to "mock" up a screen. Some of my list of things to do in no particular order are.
2. build "behind the couch" ledge table for back wall
3. build possible riser for back row (have to do some testing)
4. purchase new screen that will fit my wall
5. possibly find 3 row theater seating for back row
6. Build possible small front stage for looks
7. Build a buildin computer desk (the corner desk I have now isn't really fitting now that I moved it.)
I still have to get my speakers and AV receiver from my old house so fingers crossed I can do that soon and at least start setting up the sound! Right now for my testing purposes I am using a 3 piece speaker/sub I bought a while back for outdoor movies.
For most of you that weren't around a few years back here is a link to my first build. Hoping I can do this relatively quickly but will see!