Anyone else using movie prop replicas for decoration in or just outside your home theater? Since finishing the sound system on my 11.1.6 home theater with extracted "Pro Logic" based Top Middle and Matrix extracted front wides and side surround #2
(aka rear wides). (Click signature link for photos and description), I've taken to decorating mine a bit. I've attached some photos below to show my latest.
From Left to right:
-Katana that Morpheus used in The Matrix Reloaded
(sitting under a Thomas Kincade tapestry that can light up being used along with another on the other side to rid the room of flutter echo and early side wall reflections)
-License plate "Outatime" from Back to the Future
along with a 1:24 scale DeLorean time machine; The Maltese Falcon
from the movie of the same name ; Tron lightcycle
scale model from Tron: Legacy
-Close up of Maltese Falcon
-Anakin/Luke/Rey Lightsaber and Han Solo Blaster
from Star Wars
-Blade Runner 2049 Memory Crystal on Light Stand
-Lord of the Rings "The One Ring" sitting in front of the Return of the King box set
-Bastard Sword from Conan The Barbarian and Conan The Destroyer
(Distant and close-up). You can also see the Hellraiser Lament Configuration Box
in the first picture on the table under glass (wouldn't want someone accidentally opening a door to Hell in my room; that would be a mess with my speakers on the walls).
from The Shadow (1994)
that killed Dobby the elf by Bellatrix and Bellatrix poster from Harry Potter series
-Elder Wand, Horcrux Locket and Prophesy Crystal Ball
from Harry Potter movies
-"Imam" version of Staff of Ra Headpiece from Raiders of the Lost Ark on a staff attachment
-New Back View of Room showing new placement of Raiders Fertility Idol, Staff Medallion pieces and Ark of the Covenant
-Ark of the Covenant 1/6 Scale Model
-Hellraiser "Lament Box" shot from above followed by the Closeup. This version has real brass inlays like the static movie version)
-The next three pictures are "Raven Bar" version, the Acme Artifacts "Imam" version and the Bam Box "Imam" version of the Staff of Ra Medallion prop recreations
-Closeup of Fertility Idol from Raiders of the Lost Ark (scene at beginning of movie) from its old position along with a resin version of the Staff Of Ra Medallion
-New Galaxy Sphere for the Blade Runner light base that looks pretty cool lit up on it, similar to the galaxy necklace sphere from MEN IN BLACK
-From half bathroom off theater (Jurassic Park Crane Fly in Amber, "Spectre" ring from the James Bond movie and a bunch of little guys performing a ceremony with a little ark). Fifth Element Stones on the way...
-From half bathroom off theater (Fifth Element Stones as Tea Candle Holder empty and filled with candles and a character from Hotel Transylvania visible off to the right)
-"Belloq/Toht" version of the Staff of Ra Medallion from Raiders of the Lost Ark (Made by RelicMaker). Raised markings only on one side. It wasn't shown in the movie, but discussed.
- "MK" Version of the Staff of Ra Medallion (front/back and mounted on the Staff itself). This one is the oldest in my collection now at well over 20 years old and made of Solid Brass with a real topaz crystal or as Harrison Ford's character Indiana Jones put it, a "worthless bronze medallion". This was made with the parent mold of the well known and still occasionally made "Acme Artifacts" version, an example is shown above and you can see the similarities, but this one is bronze and has more detail on it; the Acme is pewter plated in gold from a copy of the same mold)
- "Relicmaker" version of the Staff of Ra Medallion front and back photos and side edge photo to show the extreme wire-braid detail ("Imam" version from where the guy reads the inscriptions). This is a second generation mold with a soldered wire braid and as close to the screen version as you can get reproduction wise (one mold removed and otherwise identical visually and how it's constructed).
- New Bookshelf Indy Display (Mayan Calendar Silver Necklace, the Indy Fertility Idol, MK, Acme and Indy Magnoli Staff of Ra Headpieces)
-Closeups of Silver Mayan necklace and new Mayan bronze medallions for the surround #2 speakers) followed by the new overview of the Indy Poster area and a closeup of the "Raven Bar" version of the Staff of Ra on a Landron base with Marion's necklace (reproduction) around it.
-Closeups and overview of the sphinxes from The Neverending Story (6 inch high scale)
- Indiana Jones Bookshelf Display (Left to Right: Fertility Idol, Three Staff of Ra Medallion renditions MK, Acme and Indy Magnoli, Elsa's Lucky Lighter, The Holy Grail)
- Indiana Jones Bookshelf Display updated (Left to Right: Urn of Nurhachi, Sankara Stones, Idol of Fertility, Antidote (champage glass with diamond behind it), Three Staff of Ra Medallion renditions MK, Acme and Indy Magnoli, Elsa's Lucky Lighter, The Holy Grail, Shot glass from Raven Bar in Raiders, Mayan Calendar medallion)
- Side view of Ark of the Covenant with Raven Bar Shot glass next to it that shows scale
Edit (4-1-19): Changes to reflect newer items added later in thread to photos in original post
Edit (4-17-19): Added new gold plated Staff of Ra Headpiece photos attached to staff top (removable)
Edit (5-6-19): Added Ark of the Covenant 1/6 scale model to room (swapped Raiders and TRON: Legacy poster positions) and New accurate Lament Box from Hellraiser
Edit (5-10-19): Added "Raven Bar" Staff of Ra Medallion and closeup of a couple of "Imam" versions I bought as well and edited descriptions for new back room view, etc. and new "Galaxy" Sphere for light base and bathroom display.
Edit (5-13-19): Added Fifth Element Stones (Tea Candle Holders)
Edit (5-22-19): Added photo of Fifth Element Stones with candles loaded and new "Belloq/Toht" version of the Staff of Ra Medallion from Raiders of the Lost Ark (one-sided raised markings only from where Toht burned his hand on the medallion)
Edit (5-25-19): Added photos of another Staff of Ra Medallion and the full staff itself ("MK" version) I just bought that's over 20 years old.
Edit (6-3-19): Added photos of the "Relicmaker" Staff of Ra Medallion (closest to on-screen reproduction currently made and visually identical).
Edit (6-20-19): Added photos of the chain necklace that Marion Ravenwood wore in Raiders of the Lost Ark and new Mayan Calendar medallions for the the surround #2 speakers
Edit (7-5-19): Added photos of the sphinxes from The Neverending Story
Edit (7-31-19): Added Bookshelf display showing new Elsa's Lucky Lighter and The Holy Grail from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Edit (8-17-19): Additions made to Indiana Jones bookshelf display (Urn, Champagne glass, diamond, Sankara stones (they light up) and antidote from Temple of Doom)
Edit (8-21-19): Accurate champagne and shot glasses (Temple of Doom and Raiders) added to displays: overview of bookshelf display updated