A few questions about finishing my build.
I am nearing completion of my basement media/movie room and had a few questions I thought I'd run by you all.
I'll be using a JVC LX-UH1 projector with a SnapAV Ultra Acoustic fixed screen (100").
I'm using Klipsch Pro-160RPW speakers for my 3 fronts that will be behind the screen. The tweeters are 34" apart.
The wall behind the screen will be painted a flat black.
So here are my questions:
1. Do I need to (or should I) treat this wall? Any sound absorption or anything like that?
2. For all of the in-wall and in-ceiling (7.1.4 setup), I installed Roxul Safe'n'Sound insulation around the speaker, kind of like a box. The speaker will have 6" in all directions w/o any insulation. Would this be OK to hit 80hz, at which point the sub(s) will take over?
3. I'll be painting my walls a dark gray color. The room will be used with lights on and off, so black doesn't work for me. Along with the dark gray walls, I'll be doing a lighter (still dark-ish) gray ceiling. I'm thinking these colors would do well in a dark room to minimize reflections.
4. How would you paint speaker grills? Using spray or roller?
5. How would you paint your led lights/trims? Mine are not separates. The bulb is built into the trim. I believe I'll end up painting the bulb!
Thanks for all your help. I appreciate everyone's input in my previous posts!