New system Help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-06-2019, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New system Help

Revamping my entertainment system. I need some advice, tips, suggestions and help. To aid with this here are my parameters, room size, and what I am currently looking to get. I will be purchasing the non owned items in the next 3-4 weeks.
Please keep in mind I’m new to the higher end stuff and I don’t know how to get the perfect picture out of my tv or have any special tools to do so. Tune my receiver other than using the microphone provided. Wish I knew someone in San Antonio that could tweak and dial my system in when it’s done.
My current room is 12’ front to back with 8-9’ distance from the tv. 16’ left to right with an open dining area to the right. Ceilings are 8.5’. Room size 12’x16’x8.5’. Also due to room restrictions my main viewing couch is right up against a wall and I can’t put speakers behind it. Only on the sides of it.
I am currently renting but I will be moving sooner than later. I’m buying/building a system not for right now but one that I can grow into and last.
The set up I am planning on doing below.
TV- LG OLED65C9PUA or the E9 65" Buying.

Receiver- Denon AVR-X4500h. Owned
Speakers. I’m going for 5.2.4
Left/Right Front: Klipsch RP8060. Buying
Center: Klipsch RP504c. Owned
L/R Rear: Klipsch RP8000. Owned
Atmos: RP500sa toppers for my RP8000’s in the rear and 8060’s the fronts
Subwoofer: My price max will be $4000 but don’t want to drop that much cash if I don’t have to.
Models of subs I’m looking at buying.
SVS PB-3000 Subwoofer x2
SVS PB-4000 Subwoofer x2

Any issues with my set up? I know I will have to elevate the rear towers a bit. Can I still place the atmos toppers on the rear towers? Do I need special HDMI cables to get the most out of my system? If so what kind? Will those subs be enough or overkill? Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-07-2019, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHeathenX View Post
Revamping my entertainment system. I need some advice, tips, suggestions and help. To aid with this here are my parameters, room size, and what I am currently looking to get. I will be purchasing the non owned items in the next 3-4 weeks.
Please keep in mind I’m new to the higher end stuff and I don’t know how to get the perfect picture out of my tv or have any special tools to do so. Tune my receiver other than using the microphone provided. Wish I knew someone in San Antonio that could tweak and dial my system in when it’s done.
My current room is 12’ front to back with 8-9’ distance from the tv. 16’ left to right with an open dining area to the right. Ceilings are 8.5’. Room size 12’x16’x8.5’. Also due to room restrictions my main viewing couch is right up against a wall and I can’t put speakers behind it. Only on the sides of it.
I am currently renting but I will be moving sooner than later. I’m buying/building a system not for right now but one that I can grow into and last.
The set up I am planning on doing below.
TV- LG OLED65C9PUA or the E9 65" Buying.

Receiver- Denon AVR-X4500h. Owned
Speakers. I’m going for 5.2.4
Left/Right Front: Klipsch RP8060. Buying
Center: Klipsch RP504c. Owned
L/R Rear: Klipsch RP8000. Owned
Atmos: RP500sa toppers for my RP8000’s in the rear and 8060’s the fronts
Subwoofer: My price max will be $4000 but don’t want to drop that much cash if I don’t have to.
Models of subs I’m looking at buying.
SVS PB-3000 Subwoofer x2
SVS PB-4000 Subwoofer x2

Any issues with my set up? I know I will have to elevate the rear towers a bit. Can I still place the atmos toppers on the rear towers? Do I need special HDMI cables to get the most out of my system? If so what kind? Will those subs be enough or overkill? Thanks for all the help.
If you can mount the height effects speakers high on the side walls or on the ceiling, that would be preferred over the up-firing ceiling bounce speakers.

Go here for recommended height effects speaker placement for a 5.1.4 system: https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/sp...tup-guide.html

Go here to the main set-up page to see all permutations of 5.1.4 (like up-firing or hybrid): https://www.dolby.com/us/en/speaker-...des/index.html

A new HDMI cable should pass all newer video codecs. If you aren't sure - there is a independent certification called Premium Certified for HDMI cables which ensures it passes all the newer standards required for video processing. They don't have to be expensive (check Amazon or Monoprice), but older HDMI cables may have problems with HDCP 2.2 handshake, etc.

A pair of PB-3000s will be more than enough for that size room - I don't see a compelling reason to go with PB-4000s.

Great choice on the AVR - we can walk you through post-Audyssey set-up tweaks in email or over the phone - reach out to Customer Service at [email protected].

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
post #3 of 3 Old 05-07-2019, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks Ed. I just talked to one of your Scots very helpful and professional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page