Speaker placement - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-14-2019, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Speaker placement

All right, I am looking for some help from the gurus here to see where the ideal placement of my speakers would be. I can provide better pics later when the wife lets me use her phone, the camera is broke on mine.

What I have is three Elusive 1099 upfront, two are upright on the left/right and the middle lays down. Those three are set to be at close to ear height for the tweeter. I also have two angled Volt 10s that I use for the rear surrounds. I also have a set of Klipsch R-14M that I can use for a 7.1 if there would be worth adding in. My sub is a SI HT 18 V1 if I remember right.

What I was doing in my old space was the three 1099s behind an AT spandex screen but now I have more space so I could move the L/R out from behind the screen. The speakers I am more confused on are the Volt 10s for placement. Not sure if they would be better closer to the listening position or further behind, I was kind of planning on hanging the rears from the ceiling but I am open to options.. The sub I am going place in the listening position and then I will crawl the room to find its sweet spot and that is where it will go hopefully.

The distance between the screen and the L/R side walls is about 2' 5". Distance from the screen to listening position is about 10' 6". The distance on each side of the couch is about 2' 10" Distance from the rear wall to the couch is about 7'.

Don't mind the mess, still trying to unpack from just moving in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Back looking to screen.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	2566634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen looking to back.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	2566636  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-15-2019, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Send a message via AIM to bpape
Were you unhappy with the upper mid/high frequency performance behind the screen? If not, being behind it IMO gives better screen lock and also doesn't impact frequency response as much as pushing them out closer to the wall.

I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.
Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page