AVS Forum banner

Help on HT Re-Design

379 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pigcorn 
#1 · (Edited)
I want to replace my HT setup and my room\space is a bit unique.

Current Equipment:

Projector Benq: BenQ W1080ST 1080p 3D Short Throw DLP Home Theater Projector
Screen: ELITE Screen VMAX2 150" motorized drop down (I will keep this)
Receiver: Denon 3313ci
Apple TV 4k (keeping this)
Nintendo Switch (keeping)
Wii U(keeping)
Klipsh Speakers (ok replacing with other Klipsch)
- RF-7 II x2
- RP 240S Reference x2
- Klipsch 12" Wireless Surrounds x2
- Klipsch Reference BookShelfs R-51's x2

Problems: My setup sounds great when its all working. However it rarely is (that amp is so annoying re: source detects and no I don't have an ipod from 2002 or components which it loves to default to for some reason) and my kids always need to call me when they want the source changed to play the Nintendo's. The projector looks great at night, ok at best in the day.

Goals: Easy for the kids to ask Alexa to get to the right sources for their video games. No complex speaker setups where the Denon thinks I am on 2.1 when I play a movie (no idea why this happens or why it sometimes uses only my tweeters in the RF-7 to play certain Apple Music songs) Honeslty this setup never sounds the same 2x in a row on the same setups. Bottome line it is too complex and requires a lot of user (me) intervention.

Current Room Dimensions + Budget and Pics: I am fine replacing it all. Reality is I had a flood (news reported it only happened once in 30 years and my speakers all got salt water damage (minus my surrounds which were stands as the water rose 2 feet) so in short I am fine replacing the entire system. I would like a 4k projector but it has to mount where the the last one is.

Room is 23' long and 15' wide. It then lofts with 16' ceilings at 15' into the 23' length. Here are pics, the paddleboards move out of the way ;-)

Budget I am good around $10k all in (or less ;-)) but that does not include the Klipsch Heritage Series Klipschorns that I want for the fronts as I found myself loving listening to music and I read these are awesome. I would also like to use my Sonos/spotify system in this setup as it is my music in the rest of my house and the wifi reaches there no probelm and is how i run the Apple 4k TV.

Ok thanks! Happy to answer additonal questions:

HTML:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
ugh! The RF7ii's were damaged? Thats really sucks. I loved my RF7ii's

#3 ·
Not sure how much help I’ll be, but seems like a cool project.

Are you completely redoing the room to include insulation and drywall? As it is, I think not having those probably contribute to part of your sound issues. If you’re going to leave as-is I’d recommend getting some sound isolation panels. You could work them into the design of the room. Heck, you could do that even if you do put up drywall and insulation.

Also, there are a good number of newer receivers that support Alexa and dual HDMI output, which I think would give you flexibility with your projector.

https://www.accessories4less.com/ma.../home-theater-receivers/1.html?home_audio_key[]=Dual%20HDMI%20Output&home_audio_key[]=Alexa%20Compatible

Also, you’d probably do well to go with a Logitech hub that supports Alexa too for AV control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.