Help with Theater Seating - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-02-2019, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help with Theater Seating

I am looking for some advise on selecting the seating for our theater (layout in the attached. please ignore the couches there, they were put in for reference. the wood looking flooring in the back represents the 6" raised platform we put in). I will post some other questions in other forums regarding screens, projectors and speakers.

1. Looking at the Octane PilotXS750 (still deciding between the normal bonded or top grain leather, but leaning towards the top grain) because of their width. I can fit 100" in the front row and 110" in the rear comfortably. I was hoping to get 4 seats in each row. Does anyone know if there are other options?

2. What is the general opinion of the Octane seats? I can't see them in a store so would have to buy them without seeing them.

Any help or thoughts folks can offer would be very much appreciated! Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plan 2 - Ground Floor.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	2574836  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Plan 2.pdf (47.3 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-02-2019, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 428
I know nothing of seating, but the forum directly under this one is where most of the seating discussion take place. You may want to do some searchers in that form to see if there are any owners of the particular products you are looking into.
Good luck, buying furniture to sit on for extended hours is hard enough when you can try them let alone when you can not!

Doug
Planar PD8150 with DC4 DMD paired with a Dalite HP 2.8 120"
http://www.airscapesart.com

post #3 of 6 Old 06-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 114
If it's in your budget, I would go top grain leather. I've been scouring craigslist for theater seats and it's littered with bonded leather theater seating that has cracked and pealed.

7.4.4 Theater Room: JVC-RS46U, Silver Ticket AT 2.35:1 142”, Onkyo RZ830, Anthem PVA-7, Panasonic DBT-110, JBL Studio 270’s, 4 - 15" DIY Sealed Subs

3.1 Living Room: Samsung 64” F8500 Plasma, Anthem MRX 300, Dynaudio Audience 52’s, Dynaudio Audience 122C, NHT SubOne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-02-2019, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
I know nothing of seating, but the forum directly under this one is where most of the seating discussion take place. You may want to do some searchers in that form to see if there are any owners of the particular products you are looking into.
Good luck, buying furniture to sit on for extended hours is hard enough when you can try them let alone when you can not!

Thanks! I reposted there. I was torn between the 2 places. I did run a search for the octane seating, but did not get anthing overly helpful. You are right, buying without sitting on something is soooo hard!
post #5 of 6 Old 06-02-2019, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocs123 View Post
If it's in your budget, I would go top grain leather. I've been scouring craigslist for theater seats and it's littered with bonded leather theater seating that has cracked and pealed.
Yes, I think we are going that route.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I highly recommend buying your chairs from @rsh . Check out the thread that was started YEARS ago on the Fusion line that he sells. You won't find better customer service. Great person to deal with!

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-th...-roman-60.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page