Dolby Atmos Setup ..HELP...let me know? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bjaurelio

post #1 of 2 Old 06-17-2019, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dolby Atmos Setup ..HELP...let me know?

I'm a fan of this forum, many solutions .. questions ? How can I have a Dolby atmos sound, more immersive ... with what I have ..

I enjoy watching movies, and with better sound better. my question is ? How can I hear those low and small sounds that sound loud and clear? if what I have or what else I need?

in audyssey calibration I put the crossover center 40HZ, front 60hz, surround 90hz, surround back 80HZ, dolby atmos 80HZ, and subwoofer both 120HZ .. (I read 80hz all) I want opinions ..

and tone center - 9.5 DB, front - 6.5 db, surround -5.0 db, dolby Atmos - 3.0 db .. lowering the tone (+ or -) db increases the volume, this could affect the quality of the sound?

Home theater 7.2.2

AVR Marantz 7012

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820

Front klipsch RF-42 II

Center RP 504C

Subwoofer klipsch R-110SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Surround and surround back RB-41 II

Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA

Emotiva BasX A-700 (only 5 channels used, center, front left, front right , Dolby Atmos left and right )

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-18-2019, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 82
You are correct that you should use 80Hz crossover for all of your speakers. Even if your fronts can play lower, your sub can play that low with less distortion. Plus, your sub placement should be in locations that provide more even bass response as 80Hz is well below the Schroeder frequency for your room. Correcting the crossovers to 80Hz for all speakers is a wise change to make from the Audyssey calibration.

In terms of the volume, each speaker has its own sensitivity. The plus and minus volume levels is there to both level match your speakers and make it so they output reference level audio to the listening position at 0db volume control. Only change these if you have an SPL meter to get readings while doing the manual adjustment.
angelluisg likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page