L/R Surround options for 7.2.4 in 3 wall media room? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-17-2019, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
L/R Surround options for 7.2.4 in 3 wall media room?

We'll be moving into a new house soon and I am trying to figure out how I can set up the media room for 7.2.4. Our current system is 7.2.4 with 4 in-wall speakers for surrounds and 4 in-ceiling speakers for Atmos. The problem is that the new room really only has 3 walls anywhere near the viewing/listening area so I'm challenged as to where to put the side surrounds - see attached layout diagram. I'm hoping to be able to squeeze the rear surrounds into the un-even rear walls as they're likely too far back to be used for just regular surrounds if I went down to 5.2.4. From what I've read here, it seems that using in-ceilings, even if their angled down, won't really work if I'm also trying to have Atmos. Can anyone suggest any options other than towers/stands in positions A or B which essentially leaves the right surround speaker sticking out into the room?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Media Room.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	2581250  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-18-2019, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 82
It looks like you're going to be limited to 5.2.4 with that layout unless you place your side speakers on stands. If you're mounting your surround speakers on the wall, you could mount the left surround on the side wall to be an even distance from the front wall as the right surround. If your speakers are as shallow and wide as they appear in the diagram, that might be difficult. One final thought, I would move your Atmos speakers in towards the center of the room by one ceiling stud. You want them in line with your front left and right speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page