Need suggestions on how to mount Klipsch Quintet IV to ceiling. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By gec5741

post #1 of 5 Old 06-19-2019, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need suggestions on how to mount Klipsch Quintet IV to ceiling.

Hello! Newbie here. But long-time Klipsch Quintet IV listener looking for mounting recommendations/ideas. I'd like to mount the fronts to the wall next to the TV and the rears to the ceiling. Any recommendations on how to do this, specifically, the ceiling mounting? I've located the studs in the ceiling, but not confident in my ability to securely mount the speakers using the OEM stand/mount. Do I need to find a third party mount to make this work? Thanks for any and all recommendations!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Klipsch Quintet Bookshelf speaker.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	588.5 KB
ID:	2582200   Click image for larger version

Name:	Klipsch Quintet Bookshelf_Base.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	459.2 KB
ID:	2582202  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-20-2019, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Those types of mounts can be a pain and I'm not a fan of having to mount anything like that. But what I've found helpful is to take some painters tape that is wide enough to span the whole base of that mount. Put the tape across the base and make small holes or draw markings on the tape for your screw locations. Then you have basically a template you can use on the ceiling or wall for where to put your screws so they line up.

Good luck!
PhillipOneTime likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-20-2019, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
Those types of mounts can be a pain and I'm not a fan of having to mount anything like that. But what I've found helpful is to take some painters tape that is wide enough to span the whole base of that mount. Put the tape across the base and make small holes or draw markings on the tape for your screw locations. Then you have basically a template you can use on the ceiling or wall for where to put your screws so they line up.

Good luck!
Thanks gec5741. Despite relocating to Austin, TX, I'm a Chicago guy myself! Born and raised. Thanks for the tip. Would you mount to the ceiling or the wall? And in either case, what kind of fastener would you use? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-21-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Well I'm not a speaker expert or a sound audiophile. But usually I would want my rear surrounds to be closer to the listeners height. So if these are going behind you for rear surrounds I'd probably opt for mounting to the wall a few feet above where your head will be while sitting and watching. These look like you will be able to angle them manually when mounted and adjust to point them more where you will want them.

As for what to use to fasten them? I would just go with some type of wood screw and make sure your able to get into the actual wood stud. These don't look terribly big or heavy so I guess worst case if you couldn't get into a stuff or all screws into a stud make sure you use a decent drywall anchor at least. But again do everything you can go into a wood stud.

Good luck
post #5 of 5 Old 06-24-2019, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I’ve got these too for my surrounds. As someone mentioned, mines on the wall as close to ear level as the wife will allow. You can ceiling mount them, I originally planned on doing that myself but ended up with ceiling speakers on sale. Anyway the back comes off, that’s you’re template. Also if you run your wires through the hole you might need to drill it out a bit for thicker wires. The Allen head screws are a pain to adjust/readjust. And yes, don’t trust an anchor. Put them directly in stud. Pan head just far enough away from surface to barely slide the mount onto. I take that back. These vibrate pretty bad, get something cushiony to put in between wall and speaker. Cheap rubber drawer liners are good for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page