sound changes after pressing pause - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-27-2019, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 44
sound changes after pressing pause

Hi all, I downloaded the Alita Battle Angel 4k torrent file. I played it last night and everyting is fine. at one point I noticed something wrong with the audio. the dialog was coming out of my left surround speaker instead of my center speaker. so I paused the movie, then unpaused it and everything was back to normal. has this ever happened to anyone? see my signature for my equipment in my basement. I play the movies from my win10 PC connected to my AVR using an HDMI cable.

Family Room: Onkyo TX-NR 646 AVR, Polk Audio RtiA3 fronts, Polk Audio CSiA4 center, BIC America F12 sub, Polk Audio RC-65i rears
Basement: Denon AVR-X3400 AVR, Klipsch RP280f fronts, RP450c center, SVS PB-2000 sub, Polk Audio RC-85i rears & surrounds
Www.jvpix.com

Last edited by velocci; 02-09-2020 at 08:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-09-2020, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

anyone?

Family Room: Onkyo TX-NR 646 AVR, Polk Audio RtiA3 fronts, Polk Audio CSiA4 center, BIC America F12 sub, Polk Audio RC-65i rears
Basement: Denon AVR-X3400 AVR, Klipsch RP280f fronts, RP450c center, SVS PB-2000 sub, Polk Audio RC-85i rears & surrounds
Www.jvpix.com
post #3 of 4 Old 02-10-2020, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 435
You would be better off asking the user who ripped the movie.. Might want to build a Kodi using the new Pi 4 rather than over bloated windows.. **** happens when you play pirated video files.. pause, backup, restart.. it's the price you pay for free :-) My guess is that if you purchased the media and played it on a dedicated device it would not have these type of issues..

Doug
Planar PD8150 with DC4 DMD paired with a Dalite HP 2.8 120"
http://www.airscapesart.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-10-2020, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
You would be better off asking the user who ripped the movie.. Might want to build a Kodi using the new Pi 4 rather than over bloated windows.. **** happens when you play pirated video files.. pause, backup, restart.. it's the price you pay for free :-) My guess is that if you purchased the media and played it on a dedicated device it would not have these type of issues..
I don't think its the file because when I paused the movie and unpaused it, it went back to normal. I think it has something to do with my PC, maybe Plex? I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before and if it happens from time to time with Plex. or maybe it could be my AVR.

Www.jvpix.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
audio , dialog , Home Theater , movie , sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page