Speaker dilemma - Existing B&W LCR and need advice for the remaining configuration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-21-2019, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Speaker dilemma - Existing B&W LCR and need advice for the remaining configuration

I need help with my next move on building and designing my home theater. I currently have an older set of B&W 604 S3 L and R floor standing speakers and matching center channel. I have not purchased anything for the side or rear yet and I am looking for advice and I have many questions.

Question 1: I was looking at getting all Klipsch for the side and rears but I have been told it will sound weird and awkward to mix with B&W in the front. Is that true?

My plan was to design a 7.2.2 in the end with my 100" ALR screen and Epson 5040ub projector.

My proposed plan: 2x RP-402S as sides, 2x 500SA as rears, and 2x CDT-5800-C II as in ceiling atmos.

Objective: I want this to sound the best possible within my budget. I am not attached to the LCR B&W speakers I have already.

Question 2: Should I sell my B&W and get a full Klipsch system?

Question 3: Will 2x 500SA work as true rear surrounds or are they really meant to be atmos only. Would I be better off doing 4 RP-402S for ML,MR,RL,RR?

As you can see I need help and I am open to other ideas/brands. My budget is ~$2000. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-24-2019, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
1. My personal opinion is that it won't sound weird. It's not like you get a lot of sustained sound from the front AND the surrounds for sustained periods of time. Unless you listen to 5/7 channel stereo.
2. I love B&W speakers (own Rockets). If you love the sound and looks, I would keep them. My speakers are 10+ years old and still look and sound amazing.
3. No Clue....

Personally, I would keep what you have if you like it. I would then go with your proposed plan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
b&w , Klipsch , placement , speakers , surround

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page