Advice: Entertainment Center Ventilation (w/ pics) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-29-2019, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Advice: Entertainment Center Ventilation (w/ pics)

I have built-in shelving that surrounds my fireplace, and currently all of my AV equipment (subwoofer, DVR, xbox, nintendo switch, and wifi router) is sitting on top of the lower cabinets. I would like to move them inside the cabinets, but I wanted to get thoughts on the ventilation because I know it will get toasty in there.

The plan is to run electrical/HDMI inside of the cabinets and replace the cabinet shelves with slotted shelves to allow airflow. Then I would install two fans at the base of the cabinet that will pull in cooler air from outside of the cabinets. There will be two fans in the upper shelves that would push the air through the cabinet and into the wall cavity. On the other side of the wall I would install a wall vent that would allow the hot air to vent out toward the ceiling in another room.

I have attached my Proposed Ventilation Diagram.

Will this ventilation be sufficient or is there anything else I should be considering with this design?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	entertainment ventilation.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2647272  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
built-in , entertainment center , ventilation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version