Media room and gaming console wiring. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-29-2019, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Media room and gaming console wiring.

Hey all, I'm building a new house. In the basement I'm creating a media closet where everything will be hosted. However, putting gaming consoles cant go in there and need to be by the tv.

So how should I wire this ?

I was thinking an eARC from TV to receiver for audio. And plug the game consoles into TV? I'm also going to keep my comcast and FireTV behind the tv to retain voice control. I'm planning to run an hdmi cable through a conduit from the tv closet, closet is maybe 15-20 feet from tv. This room will have Atmos, so need to make sure the audio is passed back to the receiver. I've read not every tv actually supports eARC. I know samsung doesn't. I'm looking to hang a 85".

If not eARC, what else can I actually do since the receiver will be in closet but my sources will be at the tv? Should I run something like 2 hdmi cables in the conduit? One as input from the sources into receiver (via some hdmi hub) and just do another hdmi cable back to TV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-03-2019, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Not hijacking... I actually have the exact same question. If I have all of my components in a closet hooked up to INPUTs on a receiver.... but then a TV three rooms away, can I hook a PS4 up to my TV and then have that access the receiver over eARC the same way an input into the receiver would? I think that's what you're asking...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page