Resolution Not Supported on Pioneer Elite Receiver - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-30-2019, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Resolution Not Supported on Pioneer Elite Receiver

I have a Pioneer Elite receiver, not sure the exact model number but it is over 10 years old, hooked up to DirectTv and a Blu-Ray Player for a long time and worked perfectly.

Recently I have been getting a "No Signal Detected" and "Mode Not Supported" error when trying to switch inputs or turn on TiVo which is from DirectTv, and also I get a green screen sometimes when watching on a Blu-Ray player.

The receiver has also been exhibiting strange behaviour such as a 10 second delay in response when turning it on or off.

The strange part is that I can always get rid of the problem by just turning the TiVo on and off several times, turning the receiver on or off, or messing with the inputs on the receiver a little, and then suddenly the picture will work for long periods of time such as 12 hours or more. But then switching inputs may crash it again.

Does this sound like a problem with the receiver, HDMI cables, or is there possibly some simply solution that could get this solved?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-30-2019, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1408 Post(s)
Liked: 5742
I remember going through these HDMI handshake issues of turn this off and then turn it on and the particular order you should turn things on with my Pioneer Elite Receiver and after I got a Yamaha Aventage Receiver, it never happened again nor did it matter what order things where turned off or on... IT JUST WORKED!!

The down and dirty of it is... you need to get a new receiver. Too bad you didn't avail yourself of the Black Friday deals, but maybe Cyber Monday has something that could work ideally for you.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-04-2019, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
You're probably right that it is the receiver, it is just very confusing that sometimes it works perfectly for days and days, and then this problem occurs for a while and then goes away.

Why is the receiver sometimes taking 10 seconds to turn on and off, is it a fried circuit?

Could old HDMI cables cause the receiver to act like this?

Is there a sure way to get the HDMI handshake to happen even under these circumstances? I can fix the problem sometimes, but afterwards I'm not sure how I did it.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-04-2019, 01:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1408 Post(s)
Liked: 5742
Yeah, man... I get it. I'm telling you I went through all you're going through and more! I bought devices that were known to help with HDMI handshake issues and whatnot. I used to comb forums about the issue until I realized... IT SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING IN THE FIRST PLACE!

If your receiver was designed properly (and isn't defective or just outdated), it would do what it's supposed to do, which is immediately change the signal from each device effortlessly to where you never have to worry about! And I'm telling you, that's what Yamaha receivers do and what they're known for (as far as I've researched the subject and I can't vouch for other brands; all I know is what worked for me).

Now it's up to you to test my assertion and try one out for yourself, but if you don't, I can't help you. I've done all I can do to convince you as the proof is most definitely in the pudding.

Last edited by SuperFist; 12-04-2019 at 01:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page