Metal Studs and 65" (Vizio PQ65-F1). FlipToggles. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-12-2020, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Metal Studs and 65" (Vizio PQ65-F1). FlipToggles.

I got the large Monoprice 6663 model mount, I will be able to hit 3 studs. The community manager said maintenance said that tv couldn't be wall mounted because the walls aren't strong enough.

I got FlipToggles 1/4"x2 1/2". I plan to use at least 6 (one top and one botton into 3 studs). The TV is around 60lbs and the mount is only tilt (not full motion).

I am hoping my stud finder is accurate enough as a 1/2" hole in a 1.5" stud is not leaving alot of room for error.

My only other experience was wood studs and concrete block.

Mains: Klipsch Quartets with upgraded tweeter/midrange diaphragms and X-overs from Mr. Crites.
Center: Klipsch Academy with upgraded tweeter diaphragms and X-overs from Mr. Crites.
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-25's
Sub: Emotiva Ultra 12
AV: Denon AVR-X4100W, Sony BDP-S6500, Vizio M60-D1 60" LCD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-13-2020, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post
I got the large Monoprice 6663 model mount, I will be able to hit 3 studs. The community manager said maintenance said that tv couldn't be wall mounted because the walls aren't strong enough.

I got FlipToggles 1/4"x2 1/2". I plan to use at least 6 (one top and one botton into 3 studs). The TV is around 60lbs and the mount is only tilt (not full motion).

I am hoping my stud finder is accurate enough as a 1/2" hole in a 1.5" stud is not leaving alot of room for error.

My only other experience was wood studs and concrete block.
That should hold it. I have metal studs in my theater but not a wall mount. I regret it because the wall rattle and buzz.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-13-2020, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Ickes View Post
That should hold it. I have metal studs in my theater but not a wall mount. I regret it because the wall rattle and buzz.

metal studs are junk....

Mains: Klipsch Quartets with upgraded tweeter/midrange diaphragms and X-overs from Mr. Crites.
Center: Klipsch Academy with upgraded tweeter diaphragms and X-overs from Mr. Crites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-18-2020, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

I just did two in each stud (my tv is nearly centered between them). It's as solid as anything else I mounted. I tried lifting myself and it's not budging. Now I just wish that monoprice mount was closer to center. I thought I could adjust it up and down, but even at it's lowest it's about 3-4" to "high"...moving my cable box to the side instead of on top my center.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page